1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eglass
i had the hangers bent so that the exhaust hung lower. i noticed that there was very little clearance around those heat shields, especially after the resonator. my exhaust actually hit the bottom of my car. the hangers are easy to bend and just a little bit made all the difference. we used a long bar that we could put on the hangers and just used some muscle to bend them.
Huh good to know. That means I have to take the entire exhaust off which I am not looking forward to but it may have to be done. I think I have an exhaust leak on the last connection also so that needs to be fixed. Thanks for the info.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Manga_spawn
Huh good to know. That means I have to take the entire exhaust off which I am not looking forward to but it may have to be done. I think I have an exhaust leak on the last connection also so that needs to be fixed. Thanks for the info.
we actually didnt take the entire exhaust off. just popped the hangers out one at a time. i think we only bent the ones near the resonator and the problem was solved.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator
I removed some unused hoses and relocated the overflow tank, think it looks much better. I also started on installing the passenger Recaro seat. I have 10 days to get the car ready

Old 10-11-2011, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
I washed the Fit, polished the headlights and purchased some mounting brackets.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Has anyone that had their throttle body reamed out to a larger size and if so was there a legitimate gain in power that justified the price paid for having it done???? Was there a loss in power on the bottom end ? I'd like to hear from anyone whether boosted or otherwise... I know dewthedew had done it and sold the throttle body so it has to be on someones car that is still around.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:14 PM
I washed and waxed the fit today. Getting ready for,
Weksos Industries Rendezvous Meet! | Facebook

All Bay area FF'ers should try to attend

Old 10-12-2011, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Has anyone that had their throttle body reamed out to a larger size and if so was there a legitimate gain in power that justified the price paid for having it done???? Was there a loss in power on the bottom end ? I'd like to hear from anyone whether boosted or otherwise... I know dewthedew had done it and sold the throttle body so it has to be on someones car that is still around.
I wonder if taking the head off and throttle body and having it Extrude Hone would work? Adding a fuel regulator and maybe a new pump would add more fuel needed for more air especially at full throttle.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:07 PM
J_L
5 Year Member
I bought a one off 55mm body from im the fit that was done by maxbore. This was before the SC was installed and the butt dyno seemed to register some improvement with a IHE upgrade, but you know how unreliable that is.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
Did he use it with the supercharger with positive results and if so how much boost was he putting into it... I am pretty sure Dew said he had a seat of the pants increase with 10 PSI.. I have kylerwho's Weapon R manifold and the 10 PSI KWSC high boost with Hondata reflash but have yet to mount the manifold... I've done quite a bit but still have a lot more ready to put on, more paid for and on the way and more to order.. I'm lucky that some guys are selling stuff I can put to use but I still will be putting at least $3000 more into it and it could end up being close to twice that amount... I have great output but feel like I can safely make more with Water and methanol and I have an AEM F/IC if a little further tuning is needed to keep it setup with a safe tune that isn't to thirsty...... I really need some drive train stuff that I was assured would be sold to me but that wasn't the case. and I need to do the window weld trick to the engine ant transmission mounts.... Suspension will soon be getting some needed attention and I'll end it here because it is financially and physically overwhelming to an old guy like myself... ... When it is all totally up to par I hope to start a thread on it but that won't be anytime soon.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:35 AM
I'm not sure about boring the throttle body out but I know on a&j you can get a larger bore TB

Old 10-13-2011, 01:35 AM
5 Year Member
Maxbore charges $100 to open the throttle body 3MM to 5MM and cut a new brass throttle butter fly valve.. They have been at it for a long time but I'm not sure what to expect as far as power gain.. The Weapon R intake manifold opening is 55.39 MM. They stated at their website that aftermarket manifolds do not need machining and I believe that 55MM is about as far as the can wallow the Fit throttle body out... It takes a few days and you only have to remove the whole thing without removing sensors or any thing else.. They will match the gasket to the throttle body at no additional charge...There is a gradual tapper in the center of the bore like on the venturi on a carburetor to increase the air velocity for better throttle response also... I may not do it for a little while unless the car will be down a few days for one of the other jobs I will be doing.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:08 AM
changed the spark plugs...

Old 10-13-2011, 02:56 AM
just officially got my 07 fit sport and got it insured and everything, took it for a drive around town today

Old 10-13-2011, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
Looked at it today, the day before and the day before...

Old 10-14-2011, 01:28 AM
J_L
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ydna
just officially got my 07 fit sport and got it insured and everything, took it for a drive around town today
Very Good, you'll be

Old 10-15-2011, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
installed the new dvd player with e brake bypass.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
I received the title today... No more payments and more money to put into stuff I have wanted but had to do without...

Old 10-15-2011, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
I received the title today... No more payments and more money to put into stuff I have wanted but had to do without...
So when is the compound turbo going to happen?

Old 10-15-2011, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverBullet
So when is the compound turbo going to happen?
Compound turbo?
I got first dibs on the Kraftwerks high boost kit!

Old 10-15-2011, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
There is different set ups and there's a thread about it on this forum I cant find. DSM was saying there is a difference but will have to wait. My compound turbo set-up - DSM Forums

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?