1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by dixeyk
put a skunk2 shift knob in...I like it. Have a SRI under my desk waiting to go in and a Progress RSB on it's way.
ur gonna love the rear sway bar. of course follow (if its not already done) with coilovers and ull have a winner. what kind of SRI did u get?

Old 09-30-2011, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dled1286
ur gonna love the rear sway bar. of course follow (if its not already done) with coilovers and ull have a winner. what kind of SRI did u get?
I got the much HATED K&N SRI (I haven't posted anything about it to avoid ridicule)...I got it cheap from another board member and decided it was a good enough to play with and learn a few things. If I don't like it I'll get a different one.

The coilovers are gonna have to wait for more disposable income.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
I got the much HATED K&N SRI (I haven't posted anything about it to avoid ridicule)...I got it cheap from another board member and decided it was a good enough to play with and learn a few things. If I don't like it I'll get a different one.

You can always go to Home Depot or Lowe's, pick up some L brackets to repair the parts that commonly break on those intakes and make it better than new....

Old 09-30-2011, 03:14 PM

i hear that. But K&N have been in the game for longer than some other foreign companies that are making SRI. when it comes to an SRI its really just preference cuz theres very little difference in most. and K&N filters have a million mile warranty too so its awesome along those lines as well

Old 09-30-2011, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
You can always go to Home Depot or Lowe's, pick up some L brackets to repair the parts that commonly break on those intakes and make it better than new....
I tend to fall into that category...I kept an old 80's Subie running by raiding the local pull-apart so I'm fine with some creative cobbling together of parts.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
i hear that. But K&N have been in the game for longer than some other foreign companies that are making SRI. when it comes to an SRI its really just preference cuz theres very little difference in most. and K&N filters have a million mile warranty too so its awesome along those lines as well
I figure it'll be better than stock and I'll learn something in the process. I took a good look at it and it's in decent shape and the previous board member said it never gave them any issues (I tend to give folks the benefit of the doubt). I DO like the million mile warranty on the filter. Thought I might pick up a new one to install it with and keep the one it came with as a backup.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:29 PM
I figure it'll be better than stock and I'll learn something in the process. I took a good look at it and it's in decent shape and the previous board member said it never gave them any issues (I tend to give folks the benefit of the doubt). I DO like the million mile warranty on the filter. Thought I might pick up a new one to install it with and keep the one it came with as a backup.
thats a good idea...that way while you clean one u aint left without a ride

Old 09-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Jcrim will be dropping his k into his gd soon hopefully and when he does he got somethings thatll be up for sale. hit him up if your not ain a huge hurry. ^_^

sounds like a plan. Ill inquire within :P haha

Old 09-30-2011, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
I took a look at the various SRI's before I bought it and as far as I can tell they aren't that different from one another. What I wanted was the one H-Fit used to have but they no longer make it. After that all the rest of the SRI's looked pretty much like the same thing. A few were carbon fiber, some slightly different shaped and the filters were all different so I found a deal and grabbed it. If I were buying new and paying retail I'd have been more picky I suppose. I looked at the various makes and the concept seemed pretty straight forward...more air in, straightest line possible, needs to fit and point the filter away from main engine area to minimize heat as best you can. Since I live in the NW I figured a CAI wouldn't really be ideal and I wanted a simpler install. The K&N (for the price I got) didn't seem that different than other ones out there and I have always like K&N filters. There don't seem to be too many spots to break (that I couldn't fix easily enough) unless the whole thing suffers from metal fatigue.

I know some folks on the board just hate the K&N and I suppose if I had gone through the same experience they did I would as well. Every company has problems from time to time. Back in the late 80's my folks had a lemon Honda Accord and swore off Hondas because of it (it really was a P.O.S.). I figured I just needed to go with my gut and see for myself. If the K&N is a disaster then it's on me. I'm a big boy I can live with making a mistake.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
Oh yeah...next up (when I get more funds) are some Clazzio seat covers (black on black in PVC)

Old 09-30-2011, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
Changed the oil and filter put super magnets on filter, plug and trans plug. 37k on the clock. Runn'n great! Got the lil LED strips in for bottom of headlights today

Old 10-01-2011, 02:00 PM
here we go, plastidip the wiper garnish. i think it looks really good.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by eglass
here we go, plastidip the wiper garnish. i think it looks really good.

turned out nice. were u ever able to get the wiper off to make things easier?

Old 10-01-2011, 08:44 PM
turned out nice. were u ever able to get the wiper off to make things easier?
i never got the wiper off. i took everything off except the actual wiper arm to give me as much room as possible. tapping was the hardest part. did a heavy coat and immediatly removed tapped. any over spray comes right off with goo gone.

Old 10-02-2011, 01:13 AM
5 Year Member
Oldie but still relevant. Last Saturday I went to local FF's house and rotated my tires as well as finally put in the Progress rear bar. Made a noticeable difference when turning during normal driving, pushing less through turns and I don't have to feather the throttle as much during spirited cornering to overcome understeer.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Oldie but still relevant. Last Saturday I went to local FF's house and rotated my tires as well as finally put in the Progress rear bar. Made a noticeable difference when turning during normal driving, pushing less through turns and I don't have to feather the throttle as much during spirited cornering to overcome understeer.
I found the same thing! My two favorite mods are my ETC and Progress RSB

Old 10-02-2011, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
Got a quote on a compound turbo manifold.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
i installed my jdm replica midwing today... i know it is hated by almost every fit owner im pretty sure... i didnt read one positive review on it; lols!. but i love it and its my car sooooo

thought i would share...
Name:  wing6.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  62.4 KB

Name:  wing1.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  48.0 KB

Old 10-03-2011, 05:07 AM
5 Year Member
Clean looking little ride you have there Billboard.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:25 AM
5 Year Member
I filled up the tank today and got 30.34 MPG... It was a month ago that it was last filled and there was some WOT driving during the last tank. I put 240 miles since filling it up and have used less than half a tank but since I fill to the top I can put over 13 gallons in it.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?