1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 04:34 AM
5 Year Member
This is what I did today!!!

Old 08-04-2011, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
Ice cream brake job. lol

Hawk HP Plus
EBC GD slotted and dimpled
ATE Super Blue Racing High Performance Brake Fluid
H & R triple C camber bolts

Alignment again today. lol

Old 08-04-2011, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
^ talk to me about those camber bolts...

stuff looks massive...

Old 08-04-2011, 12:51 PM
LED license plate bulbs. easy and looks good

Old 08-04-2011, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by apexanimal
^ talk to me about those camber bolts...

stuff looks massive...
man, these are WAY better than that spc crap. those spc bolt are to be replaced with new ones every alignment. mine wouldnt even hold an alignment anymore.

these H&R are beautiful. almost 2x the cost of spc but hell, do it right the first time (second in my case). Also all alignment techs are just BAFFLED and get sooooooo confused on how to use the spc bolts and the tabs on them and such. just pisses me off because i can do it and have to explain and they still dont get it. these new HR ones are idiot proof and soooooo simple to use. strong as a meth OX too.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by airwicc
A fix-it ticket?! what the... how much did that cost? I sealed it up by the way.. sucks though. It doesn't look pretty anymore.
Yeah with my other car (Rex). I was sitting at a left turn light one time (just turned red). Cycle cop pulls up behind me. Guess we were there long enough for him to really check out my car and notice the crack. So he pulled me over as soon as the left arrow turned green. Lectured me about driving with a cracked windshield and wrote me a fix-it ticket.

Had like 3 days (I think) to fix the discrepancy (cracked windshield in this case) cited on the ticket. After getting it fixed, you're supposed to get any cop to verify the fix , sign the ticket (name and badge #) and mail the ticket in. I suppose you can get away with it as long as you don't get pulled over again. But be ready for the consequences though.

I guess fix-it tickets get issued for burned out light bulbs and such that forces you to get stuff fixed.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JCrimson
Ice cream brake job. lol

Hawk HP Plus
EBC GD slotted and dimpled
ATE Super Blue Racing High Performance Brake Fluid
H & R triple C camber bolts

Alignment again today. lol
Nice brake setup JC.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Subie
Nice brake setup JC.

thanks mate! this is actually my second time using this exact setup for track. works great. I had this killer promo coupon to autoanything.com and it was soon to expire. they really dont sell anything else besides these rotors that I can use (sense i dont need floor mats or street pads..) so i went ahead and got another set. usually they are like 150 ish. got them for $89 bucks shipped to my door. other wise I would have got some blank cheap rotors to trash. but im not gonna lie, really like these. and i KNOW they work. pretty much where password JDM got their new rotor design from.

EBC GD (been around forever)

password JDM (recently came out)

slotted and dimpled, not drilled.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
These are for your DD or track? Man, hard to pass up those kind of deals. I'd get 'um too if I were you, even to let it sit on my shelves for a while. On my Rex I have slotted Powerslots and Hawk HPS. I don't track so, good enough for me. Just want to get out of people's way faster and the option to brake late as needed. My Fit's all stock.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Subie
These are for your DD or track? Man, hard to pass up those kind of deals. I'd get 'um too if I were you, even to let it sit on my shelves for a while. On my Rex I have slotted Powerslots and Hawk HPS. I don't track so, good enough for me. Just want to get out of people's way faster and the option to brake late as needed. My Fit's all stock.
well my primary intent for my car is track. so yes these are for track. works great!

unfortunately this is my only car (right now, working on a second), but i only drive it to and from work (5 miles total each day). its not bad at all. as soon as im off work, i just use the gf's car.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:49 AM
btw j, wheres the best deal on the arp studs and chromoly lugs. i figure if im gonna get wheels i might as well knock it all out at ounce

Old 08-05-2011, 09:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dled1286
btw j, wheres the best deal on the arp studs and chromoly lugs. i figure if im gonna get wheels i might as well knock it all out at ounce

well I got my arp studs from passwordjdm.. lol i was ordering stuff from them anyways. I can install them for you easy mode.

My lugs are:
Super Taikyu Chrome-moly Long Lug Nuts
Parts# RNW-01 Price $39.00
Lug nuts are made of Chromium molybdenum steel (chrome-moly).
A set comes with four nuts M12 x P1.5 17HEX.
The bolts are used in the Super Taikyu Series by the J’s S2000.

pretty damn pricy. BLOX makes a replica for like 100 bucks on ebay. get those. no difference. mine are just stamped with the j's logo.

here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Blox-...Q5fAccessories

Last edited by JCrimson; 08-05-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Found me a spot for a photo shoot ive been wanting to do while driving my crane this am. Well be doing that shot soon. Also local meet and shoot this sunday.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:59 AM

pretty damn pricy. BLOX makes a replica for like 100 bucks on ebay. get those. no difference. mine are just stamped with the j's logo.

here
Blox Chromoly 16PC Lug Nuts 12x1.5 Forged SCM435 | eBay

yeah i saw the blox lugs but i was worried about quality compared to the j's lugs. im still debating cuz i might want that j's logo too...lol

Old 08-05-2011, 11:09 AM
hey bthasht...how hard was it to install the jdm sidemarkers and do you know what the measurement are to put them in the right spot?

Old 08-05-2011, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
well my primary intent for my car is track. so yes these are for track. works great!

unfortunately this is my only car (right now, working on a second), but i only drive it to and from work (5 miles total each day). its not bad at all. as soon as im off work, i just use the gf's car.
If you weren't in TX I'd probably be able to help you out with that:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...e-goodies.html

Forgot to add that I just put a Moroso sump and an ATI crank damper on..

Old 08-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Bthasht
Found me a spot for a photo shoot ive been wanting to do while driving my crane this am. Well be doing that shot soon. Also local meet and shoot this sunday.
Don't forget to post pics of that!

Old 08-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Side markers are pretty easy to install. Dremel to cut the hole. Cut smaller and shave to fit. There is a diy thread in the exterior section. That will give you the measurements. The clear markers are jdm ones, ameer are euro versions.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
If you weren't in TX I'd probably be able to help you out with that:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...e-goodies.html

Forgot to add that I just put a Moroso sump and an ATI crank damper on..

DSM! JK, if u WERE in tx my wife would prolly get one of those...she loves old skool eclipses

Old 08-05-2011, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
[quote=JCrimson;1019765]man, these are WAY better than that spc crap. those spc bolt are to be replaced with new ones every alignment. mine wouldnt even hold an alignment anymore.

these H&R are beautiful. almost 2x the cost of spc but hell, do it right the first time (second in my case). Also all alignment techs are just BAFFLED and get sooooooo confused on how to use the spc bolts and the tabs on them and such. just pisses me off because i can do it and have to explain and they still dont get it. these new HR ones are idiot proof and soooooo simple to use. strong as a meth OX too.[/quote]

Best saying ever. I will be using that now

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?