1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
i'll be installing a new clutch this weekend. factory clutch went out at 70k which isn't bad considering i've been driving it in bumper to bumper traffic since july of 2007... but it's nothing like my ef hatch that i dumped 130k miles on before changing the factory clutch

Old 08-03-2011, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
I'll do that.. Its old stuff but one of the cars is a 760 Turbo that some eccentric person might like as a project. It has been sitting for a long time but the engine drive train and body are good.. Nice factory alloy wheels too..

Old 08-03-2011, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dled1286
LMAO!! True in everyway. I guess your right...no point in continuing the bitch fest cuz some ppl never learn and all u can do is hope on day their priorities get straight
Go see a shrink, you or anybody else here who can't handle me criticizing this thread are obviously mentally disturbed, very fragile people who need help. Especially when you take my criticism of this thread as a personal attack. Now if there's anymore headcases here, go ahead and respond to this post. I'm not attacking anybody in particular, just criticizing this thread.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Im trying to convince my wife to buy me cars parts for our anniversary...like jdm exterior goodies and such. hopefully itll work. still trying to hock my z wheels and get some new roller for the fit and such...
Funny i do the same but when I offer to buy her parts for a birthday or something she says no (and then I just buy the parts anyways and don't call them a present).

Old 08-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Manga_spawn
Funny i do the same but when I offer to buy her parts for a birthday or something she says no (and then I just buy the parts anyways and don't call them a present).
yeah my battle is that my wife isnt into cars like i am so its more like pulling teeth and then she looks at me like im a weirdo cuz im drooling over a jdm conversion for the fit

Old 08-03-2011, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
yeah my battle is that my wife isnt into cars like i am so its more like pulling teeth and then she looks at me like im a weirdo cuz im drooling over a jdm conversion for the fit
My wife is the same way. The first 'mod' I added to our car was 5% tint. to convince her I used the argument "once we have kids..." and then she was on board. funny that 3 years later when we are expecting our first child that reasoning does not work when talking about a suspension upgrade. lol

Old 08-03-2011, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
^You can avoid an obstacle more effectively, less risk of a rollover, ummm....can't think of anything else.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
my wife is into cars and can see all f the different things people put into them so i was able to get a lot of parts. but now since we have our second baby on the way she is putting a stop to it. lol. oh well i guess ur priorities change when u get older.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
Poor guys.... My wife's younger brothers were always into creating fast cool looking cars and built a hot Mach 1 Mustang that was in Readers Rides in Hot Rod magazine.. She bought it from them for her son when he graduated from High School... She thinks that all men are into tricking out and souping cars... She let me put some performance parts in her truck but her Forester is going to stay stock, she does want a K&N filter for it though.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
^You can avoid an obstacle more effectively, less risk of a rollover, ummm....can't think of anything else.
Both good ideas, i can couple that with the stiffer suspension will stop the rears from rubbing when there is weight in the back. the rubbing may cause the baby to wake up screaming which could potentially distract me from my driving and put the family in danger. :rofl:

Old 08-03-2011, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Previc93
my wife is into cars and can see all f the different things people put into them so i was able to get a lot of parts. but now since we have our second baby on the way she is putting a stop to it. lol. oh well i guess ur priorities change when u get older.
Man, you just aren't old enough yet... I couldn't get away with what I do if there were more mouths to feed and send to school... Just take care of yourself so you don't become arthritic and not able to turn a wrench when you reach your golden years.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:28 PM
my wife is all for somethings but thinks is "stupid" to mod a honda fit. she likes japanese dolls and doesnt understand car culture. its aight tho. i order parts and when she gets mad i bring her flowers and its all good...lol

Old 08-03-2011, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Giggles
Both good ideas, i can couple that with the stiffer suspension will stop the rears from rubbing when there is weight in the back. the rubbing may cause the baby to wake up screaming which could potentially distract me from my driving and put the family in danger. :rofl:
If the car is closer to the ground the kid won't be damaged as much if he (she) falls out on his(her) head... That is a very good thing.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
my wife is all for somethings but thinks is "stupid" to mod a honda fit. she likes japanese dolls and doesnt understand car culture. its aight tho. i order parts and when she gets mad i bring her flowers and its all good...lol
Joel and I should loan you our cars and let you take her for a ride..
Maybe that isn't a good idea....

Old 08-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Joel and I should loan you our cars and let you take her for a ride..
Maybe that isn't a good idea....
this'll tell you a lil bit....she cant drive a stick...thats why i have a 5 a/t....EEEEEPPPIIIIIICCCCC FFFFFAAAAAAIIIIILLLLLL!!!!! >_<

Old 08-03-2011, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
I guess my wife is just different she won't drive an automatic.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:44 PM
yea...she says she's willing to learn but everytime i mention getting a 5 m/t shes like "but i dunno how to drive a manual." i put my head in my hands...shake my head and cry....i need a couple grand for the price difference tho too...

Old 08-03-2011, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
Both of my parents drove automatics but my wife's mother taught her to drive in a Chevy truck with 3 on the tree.. It was unusual in South Texas for Tejuanas to even know how to drive back then.. Her parents were very cool people.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Both of my parents drove automatics but my wife's mother taught her to drive in a Chevy truck with 3 on the tree.. It was unusual in South Texas for Tejuanas to even know how to drive back then.. Her parents were very cool people.
my first car was an 01 vw jetta gls 5spd. loved it but totaled it in oklahoma. then went to a 2005 350Z base...still got the front factory wheels im trying to sell. then went to auto honda's for my wife. wifes first car was a 70's model detroit boat and then a 91 eclipse auto. now anderson co...where is that exactly

Old 08-03-2011, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
My first car was a 59 Studebaker Lark VIII. 2nd was a 61 Austin Healey 3000 (4spd w/overdrive on 3rd and 4th). It ended up with a Chevy 327 engine after returning from Vietnam. I live about 45 miles south down 155 from the loop in Tyler... I've been down here 15 years but had bought the property 30 years ago.. It's a pretty isolated where I live but not as much as it was before the county put a road in that ends at my driveway a year or so ago.. It actually lowered my taxes too since I no longer owe taxes on the property they put the road on.. Of course they did it after getting a Forester so we would have something that would get us out of here when the access easement dried out into powder in the summer washed out or got blocked by fallen trees..

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?