1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ryanroland
Hey TC I love the idea of the KWSC and there are a few ppl on here who have loved it just like you, but one thing I'm worried about in CA is the smog rules. Do you pass smog ok? Do you happen to know anyone in CA who has one besides JDMChris cuz I dont see him on too much anymore. Just wanna know about that before I even start to get my hopes up
Talk to Koi, he has had one on his car about 2 years... I believe he is either in San Diego or L.A. San Diego sounds right but I'm not trusting my memory a whole lot lately.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Welcome to the wild side. If you ordered the base kit you'll be pleased but in time you'll want more.... Boost is very addictive. I have had it on my Fit over 2 years and it is still a lot of fun.
Boost is addictive, actually HP in general is addictive. So much so that after basically maxing out my Auto Fit I went and pulled the engine for a bigger one :P

Old 06-24-2011, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
Boost is addictive, actually HP in general is addictive. So much so that after basically maxing out my Auto Fit I went and pulled the engine for a bigger one :P
You'll have a hard time not boosting it, just wait and see.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
I know its going to happen to. After a year or so im going to get bored of the NA and be like lets put a small turbo with a little boost and before I know it I have a 500whp Fit that I can barly drive on the road, lol

Old 06-24-2011, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
i installed my wide low offset wheels and probably install camber tomorrow

Old 06-24-2011, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
Can anyone give me some pointers on how to remove the plastic piece on the headliner that the rear seatbelts thread through, I am afraid I will break them.. I have a kit with the tools to pry them loose but I'm missing out somewhere on what to do... I need to get a C pillar bar installed or I will have no place to hang and display my whips and chains when I go cruising for some excitement.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
Tee-Cee, if you have a pry tool you can easily remove them, they're a little pliable so you wont damage them. When I installed mines I had to, for some reason trim the upper edge of it to fit around the pillar bolt that secures the strut bar.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Can anyone give me some pointers on how to remove the plastic piece on the headliner that the rear seatbelts thread through, I am afraid I will break them.. I have a kit with the tools to pry them loose but I'm missing out somewhere on what to do... I need to get a C pillar bar installed or I will have no place to hang and display my whips and chains when I go cruising for some excitement.
Here ya go T.C. Steps number 2 and 3 under the first section labeled "Rear Seat Belt" should be what you are asking for in the link below. The strange gray icons on the site show a somewhat blown up image of the parts, you may have to zoom in or out on the picture to see it though.

Rear Seat Belt Replacement

Old 06-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Removed some stickers on the hatch to clean it up and then ordered a front tow hook on e-bay. They only had it in red wanted black and no one seems to have it. May ask a friend to powder coat it black for me once it comes in.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member
I have one, but you won't pass smog with the s/c in ca. Needless to say that you have to take of the whole kit just to smog it and then put it back on. It's a good go to stock again get together n it's a pain in the arse. Trust me I've had mine on now for close to two years, and I have to smog his year. I don't know what's taking kwsc so long to get the patent for the emissions, but the s/c is well worth he money. (next to a k swap)

Last edited by taFITta_sport; 06-25-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
Painted the engine cover w/ copper rainbow metallic Pic is not as intense as the real thing.

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 06-27-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
^^ you know I gotta say... I always thought the Orange on the Fit was sexy. nice car BIG MIKE!!!

Old 06-25-2011, 10:37 PM
that reminds me, anyone know the name of the the Spoon sports blue? I want to paint my mani cover that color and I have a few other blue items so was gonna go for that color instead of my type r red which doesn't seem to mesh well at all with anything else on my car

Old 06-25-2011, 11:56 PM
Got the front half of my Pro-Cs in and adjusted this afternoon, now the Fit has been properly lowered. Can't hardly describe how much better the car rides with the Pro-Cs, and I didn't really mind the ride on cut Skunk2 springs! Suffice it to say that I no longer wonder why Coilovers cost so much more than lowering springs, there really is no comparison.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Painted the engine cover w/ copper rainbow metallic Pic is not as intense as the real thing.

''Very Niiice!!!"
Something else caught my eye in this pic too...that fridge in the background..Only the oldskoola's would know anything about that!

Old 06-26-2011, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
I see you got your priorities straight! Nothin' like a man-garage - just add on a kitchen and a bathroom around the "MAIN room" of the house.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member
Finished re-lowering the Honda Fit.... what a long tedious process. lol I also did my first OEM Honda 0W20 Synthetic Oil Change, I absolutely <3 working for Acura.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:49 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Yep thought bout that

Originally Posted by Subie
I see you got your priorities straight! Nothin' like a man-garage - just add on a kitchen and a bathroom around the "MAIN room" of the house.
Hey Subie,
With as many as 7 little girls runn arouind the house on a given day don't think that hasn't crossed my mine but ya did't include the hammock hang'n in the paint booth/ bedroom
Big Daddy Mike, and lov'n it!

Old 06-27-2011, 07:55 AM
5 Year Member
That frig works

Originally Posted by vinnymac
''Very Niiice!!!"
Something else caught my eye in this pic too...that fridge in the background..Only the oldskoola's would know anything about that!
That is a 1940 early 50's frigidare by GM and it works! Now it keeps the tape and stick D/A sand paper from going bad. Ya it an oldy like me
Big Mike

Old 06-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by JaySmith
Finished re-lowering the Honda Fit.... what a long tedious process. lol I also did my first OEM Honda 0W20 Synthetic Oil Change, I absolutely <3 working for Acura.

So is that a new synthetic? Or is it just new cuz its Honda OEM? I am thinking about switching to synthetic and would appreciate your advice/thoughts on what u would use. Btw I have 52000 miles

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?