1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pearl
lame last couple of posts. im trying to figure out why i have a wheel bearing noise coming from my front left wheel

everything feels tight on my car, but cant figure out why its making this noise. i really hope it isnt the bearings, id hate to take my springs off!
if it is your wheel bearing then removing your springs is the least of your worry, lol. i cross-threaded a lug-stud (a few of them, actually) and getting the hub off is a pain in the ass the first time around. i don't believe honda follows their own torque specs as the axle nut wouldn't come off easily even with my air tools. it took pb-blaster, a breaker bar, a cheater bar, and three guys to break it loose: one guy to hold the socket in place and two to put force on the breaker/cheater bar combo. it was risky but i got lucky and didn't damage anything... pretty sure we were able to lift the Fit of the jackstands at one point lmao (kidding, obviously)

there are a few things that can attribute to failing wheel bearings: low offset wheels, wheel spacers, bad alignment... pretty much, anything that puts added stress to the outer side of the wheels. however, sometimes it's just bad luck and it's just a set of poorly pressed bearings.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Installed jdm hazard button yesterday. I like it. Very easy install.

Off topic Gd3 wagon. The skyline in your sig is gorgeous, what year?

Old 06-08-2011, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
lame last couple of posts. im trying to figure out why i have a wheel bearing noise coming from my front left wheel

everything feels tight on my car, but cant figure out why its making this noise. i really hope it isnt the bearings, id hate to take my springs off!
what does the noise sound like? i would take ur end links from ur sway bar off to see if noise goes away. i was getting a thump when i went on turns and i did this to find out my end link nuts were stripped. put new nuts on the ends links and the noise went away. wheel bearings usually make whine or growling noises. if thats the case u might need wheel bearings but i wouldnt see why that would happen after u put ur springs on. im thinking maybe its not seats properly or that end links are messed up.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
not sure, to be honest. i linked the pics from the "it's jdm yo!" coverage on canibeat.com... could be a '69 based on the narrower grille opening but i could be wrong. all i know is that I WANT lol

Old 06-08-2011, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
i think i messed up the end links on the drivers side, so that makes sense. when i went to remove them i ended up having to put a vice grip on one end of the end link and swinging the ratchet on the bolt. could they just need to be tightened more?

why would it make a whirling sound at deaccel though?

Old 06-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i think i messed up the end links on the drivers side, so that makes sense. when i went to remove them i ended up having to put a vice grip on one end of the end link and swinging the ratchet on the bolt. could they just need to be tightened more?

since you recently worked on your car, you should start from there to see what could be causing the noise. it's possible that your bearings went bad, but pretty coincidental if it really is the cause of the noise.

did you put each wheel/tire back on its respective corner after you installed your springs? i don't know if your tires are directional, but did you swap them L/R, front/back, or both? if it's possible that you moved some tires around, try rotating them back and see if the noise goes away.

it may be the culprit because i once had some feathering/cupping in my rear tires and when i rotated them, my tires got loud as f*ck - sounded like off-road tires.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Previc93
then do come on here and say "whoop dee do". a lot of people put a lot of time and money into their cars and yes everyone has their own style. but so far in this thread looks like ur bashing everyones style. me calling u out and saying "whats so hot about ur fit" was basically saying "whoop dee do" to u just in a different way. i bet u didnt like that either. just quit being such a dick.
I wouldn't say its the same.

I'm bashing everyone's style, eh? Do tell me... who and how many that is?

If I was going to bash anyone's mods... I'd say much more than that. There are plenty of mods that I think are stupid, useless and goes against my sense of "style," but I actually don't say anything.

and if u werent talking crap.... next time use different words. maybe something like not my style but good mod or idea or something like that.
I wasn't talking crap about his car (except maybe that cowl)... but I'm going not to change a single word I said, just because you misunderstood.

If you feel invalidated by someone saying whoop we do... well, that's too bad.

I'll leave this thread to those that do things to their GD, although it is getting pretty long, maybe a "version 2?"

Old 06-08-2011, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member

a whirling sound by vehicle speed wouldnt be the endlink causing the noise. that would only be a thup, bump sound on bumps and on turns.

did u get it aligned... also make sure its not a tire rub. also maybe backing plate rubbing rotor? its kind of hard for us all to diagnose without looking at it. so just look at the basic things u did when installing the springs and if u still cant figure it out then you may have to take to a shop.

good luck though.

Last edited by Previc93; 06-08-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
Wink mirror is finally back up! As you requested TC, I got some pics too!

I mounted a long plate/bar to the mirror and then used the original mirror factory mount to place the other end of said bar in place. I actually think it was a mounting bracket for a curtain .

One screw in the mirror that's hidden by my window tint strip and window mounts to keep vibration to a minimum (none actually). Even though the window mount adhesives didn't have time to set fully they still support the mirror.

I also ripped up 1/2 my DIY carpet b/c I couldn't/didn't feel like correcting the back area. I'll get around to that, maybe on my vacation in a couple of weeks (not really, i'll be on vacation)

I love this mirror. Seriously!

And.... i cleaned my K & N filter. I've been lazy and not updated what else I've done..but that's enough for now.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation Sticks and Stones

Took a rock in the windshield Saturday morning and I am having the windsheild replaced 6/10. O'well it's all good, right! Hey the ECHM was awsum dude and I liked the run up to Richmond W/ my 2 my comancheros.
Thanks B & Kenny
Big Mike

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 06-08-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Damn Mike that sucks. Did it happen on way up?

Here is a pic of my Duckbill for you guys. Installed it just before ECHM Show.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Nice accent to yur ryde ma'man.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Took a rock in the windshield Saturday morning and I am having the windsheild replaced 6/10. O'well it's all good, right! Hey the ECHM was awsum dude and I liked the run up to Richmond W/ my 2 my comancheros.
Thanks B & Kenny
Big Mike
That suuucks. I had a rock chip mine a few weeks back. It's $100 to fix or $200 to replace. I'm just gonna leave it till it cracks right across. lol

Old 06-09-2011, 02:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by T-Fit
That suuucks. I had a rock chip mine a few weeks back. It's $100 to fix or $200 to replace. I'm just gonna leave it till it cracks right across. lol

Really? It's not covered by insurance? I can't say for all states, but here in Massachusetts, replacement or repair is covered under comprehensive insurance.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HotIron
Really? It's not covered by insurance? I can't say for all states, but here in Massachusetts, replacement or repair is covered under comprehensive insurance.
I'm sure his deductible isn't $200 bucks.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
ya B it was but no big deal just another day. Have a good 1 your duckbill looks great
mike

Old 06-09-2011, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
mirror looks cool; id get one if i was planning on doing more mods to my car. think it would look funny in its current state

Old 06-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator
My glass is covered, if I get a crack or chip I just call them up and get it replaced. No cost to me

Old 06-09-2011, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
so today i ordered a js racing front lip and grill for my gd. i cant wait till it comes in. im super excited. i also have the gt wing on order but i ordered it like 3 months ago. they told me i would take a while to get. ive been told many different things but im waiting till the 6 month mark and then ill be mad and get my money back.

anywho. my lower molding on my back hatch glass is messed up from when i put my carbon fiber hatch on... getting the glass swapped from oem to cf hatch. so i just called my insurance and told them a baseball went through it and im getting a new glass AND MOLDING. YAY!!!

Old 06-10-2011, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
Name:  photo-1.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  60.3 KB

Stuff the fit with all my crap from freshmen year :]
Time to head home! Summer is here!

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?