1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by Bthasht
Do you feel it was worth the money to pay for the power? I was hoping for a higher number, but i know our fits are low number without the boost. Just wondering if this is a worth it purchase.

I thought it was a good purchase since I live in california and its carb legal. Stock Fit's usually run 90-92whp and i put down 136, so I think that is a good jump and its a light car, therefore its quick at 5lbs of boost.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Previc93
Why would u get on here and talk crap? His car is nice and the time and money to do that is well worth it here in the states. What's so hot about ur car. Looks like every other fit out there.
You asked and i answered. His conversion cost more than all your mods, so it is whoop_de_do. I mean why ask if your gonna bash it. So excuse my rudeness when I say next time ill tell you to pull an answer out your ass. Cause I dont really care for your comment
I second that!
the problem with you guys is... I never asked about the front end. only the cowl (on the windshield). if you like it, good for you.

YOU (Bthasht) brought it up, not me.

you guys are total jokers... I did say PROPS to him for doing it.... did I not?

All I expressed was, I, as in MYSELF, did not like the look. What? suddenly opinions don't matter?

my whoop-de-do comment was "okay, he did it, good for him, but that's not why I commented."

If you guys want to be super defensive for every little thing other people say... by all means. just stay the hell away from me.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
BTW (excuse the double post).

Did I mention ANYWHERE... about my mods being "better"? Did I mention my mods, or hell, ANYONE else's mods at all?

Before you guys decide to jump on some bashing-wagon... maybe consider what it is, the person ACTUALLY SAID.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
Ya I sure am. Not familiar with ur name. Is it different on azht.

Arizona Honda Tech or Azht.net.

I use to be an avid poster on that site, but now I rarely go on. I just check the event/meet section to see whats going on.

Last edited by Neebs; 06-07-2011 at 03:39 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers
What's up with that extra cowl?

Did the owner mention the reasoning for having it? For aerodynamics? For looks? neither? shits and giggles?
Wind deflector. lol. Shit is tight in carbon. He also has jdm front and rear conversion in case you didn't notice. Hes on here
Lilazianphatboy
whoop-de-do. props to him for DOING it (assuming he put the time and effort)... but it's an aesthetic look I don't really care for.
You asked and i answered. His conversion cost more than all your mods, so it is whoop_de_do. I mean why ask if your gonna bash it. So excuse my rudeness when I say next time ill tell you to pull an answer out your ass. Cause I dont really care for your comment

There is the conversation. People can make up there own minds.

Opions do matter that is why we are on here. I just simple pointed out the conversion on top of his custom cowl piece. Thought you liked the piece thats why i told you what it was, and maybe you would like the conversion. Guess not.

Last edited by Bthasht; 06-07-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
I took an a$$ ton of pics before the paint session next weekend. located below

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ml#post1001428

teaser

Old 06-07-2011, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JCrimson
I took an a$$ ton of pics before the paint session next weekend. located below

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ml#post1001428

teaser
Good stuff! So you took all the photos with your GoPro? BTW, any reason you didn't get a smaller lighter weight battery? I am suprised that yellow top fit lol

Old 06-07-2011, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smeister
Good stuff! So you took all the photos with your GoPro? BTW, any reason you didn't get a smaller lighter weight battery? I am suprised that yellow top fit lol

yeah those were all done today (on my lunch break) with my GoPro. I just got the expansion LCD screen for it so I was excited to use it and actually SEE where the heck it is pointing lol.

At one time, before the fit was addicted to turns and candy canes, I had a 3,000 dollar sound system in it and needed a nice battery to assist. I got that optima yellow top. It is in fact lighter than stock but I am looking to get another odyssey PC680. If anyone wants to buy this optima yellow top or trade for a PC680 let me know It's flawless and never drained it or killed it or brought back from the dead.

thanks for the comments and support! <3

Last edited by JCrimson; 06-07-2011 at 04:55 PM. Reason: I can't sepell*
Old 06-07-2011, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
lol i see...check out the EXT18L if you want to save some money. I just got one of them and it does the job.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smeister
lol i see...check out the EXT18L if you want to save some money. I just got one of them and it does the job.

thanks man! will do!

Old 06-07-2011, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Neebs
Arizona Honda Tech or Azht.net.

I use to be an avid poster on that site, but now I rarely go on. I just check the event/meet section to see whats going on.
Azht. I just opened an account on Honda tech and Nwp4life. But don't get much on either of those. Just azht and fitfreak.

Also side note on azht did u see the post for the san tan Honda meet. It's in Oct. U should head down and maybe put ur car in it. My baby will be in it. Last year my fit was the only one in the show. Need more fits!

Last edited by Previc93; 06-07-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GatorFit24
I thought it was a good purchase since I live in california and its carb legal. Stock Fit's usually run 90-92whp and i put down 136, so I think that is a good jump and its a light car, therefore its quick at 5lbs of boost.
I like it also because the gears are really short that u go through them really quick. It makes it super fun to drive.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
There is the conversation. People can make up there own minds.

Opions do matter that is why we are on here. I just simple pointed out the conversion on top of his custom cowl piece. Thought you liked the piece thats why i told you what it was, and maybe you would like the conversion. Guess not.
From my point of view, you made two mistakes, one being, that I liked the cowl, which, incidentally, I do not. In fact, I think it looks goofy, I was merely curious as to WHY the owner put it on.

The other mistake was assuming I was curious and/or like the JDM front end. I have known about the JDM (and conversion) since just before joining the site. If you were to look through all of my 1000+ posts, you'll see I have commented on related threads but never about the conversion itself.

As I said, I don't care for it. "Whoop-de-do," as far as I am concerned means I don't care. Nothing more, nothing less. If people want to do it... okay. I don't think anything negatively about it.

The problem with the second assumption is that you then took offense to my not caring, and defended your anger by attempting to "defend" the owner. And by doing so, tried to make it look like I was insulting the owner (which instigated a "mob action" as shown by the other poster).

Btw, there's only one semi-decent way to prove what some one said... if they DON'T edit their posts, quoting only mention the person doing the quoting "could" made it out anyway they like.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GatorFit24
HKS turbo kit (5.5lbs)
Megan Racing downpipe
Custom 2.25" Midpipe
HKS Hi-Power Axle back Exhaust
Did you post any pics yet?

Old 06-08-2011, 04:14 AM
5 Year Member
quoting only mention the person doing the quoting "could" made it out anyway they like.
uh... wtf was I saying here? Apparently, typing on a Xoom is not the best idea (I didn't intend to type "mention" but I must've hit the wrong keys and it auto-corrected to that). I think the word was supposed to be "means" not "mention."

It was supposed to be something like, the problem with quoting, is that the person doing the quote, can potentially make it look in their favor, IF the other person has "Last edited by ..." tag at the bottom of their post.

In any case... that's all I care to say about that topic. I won't speak for the others involved, but I think enough is enough.

Sorry, I take that back for a moment.

What's so hot about ur car. Looks like every other fit out there.
Why does my car need to be "unique" or HOT? Do I have to bolt on massive fart pipes to be cool? Do I have to dump NO2 into the engine to be "gnarly?" Maybe I need thousands of brand name stickers to "standout."

As if that was the reason I drive. I drive my Fit, for the sake of driving it around.

There's nothing hot about my car. It's MY car, that's all there is to it. I do the things I want to do to it... or choose not to.

At the moment, I want to install a sunroof, namely the TVS 935 STR (maybe I should forgo the rain sensor) from Webasto.

It would be "rare" for sure... but you know what's better than being rare? The feeling that I did what I want to my car for my own benefit (at that would be cooling off this oven we call a Fit!!!).

The only thing stopping me, is the worry that it might change the Fit's handling enough for me to notice... or rather, become disappointed at the "sacrifice." I know it will require cutting a number of roof cross members, affecting the rigidity. I know the hardcore folks wouldn't do it, cause THEY would definitely notice. But I'm not that hardcore. I just drive around the burbs. If it doesn't affect a DD car enough to worry, I'll do it... if I can justify paying for it ($1300+ is pricey).

If you want to slam, tuck, flush, roll, tweak, tune, swap or whatever you want to your car to make it "unique"... good for you.

But, I'm not you.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:45 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I can relate to your reasoning.. I tried to go to sleep a few hours ago but I felt like it wasn't my bed even though the crazy Mexican woman that snores loudly while sleeping was doing her thing... Then I realized that it was my bed but I was having an out of body experience and wasn't in the bed but asleep on the living room floor with a growling Australian cattle dog that wanted me to get up and feed him.... I want a full length retractable fabric top but the guys that make the kits say it won't work on a Fit and they refuse to explain why... I have a C pillar bar and could fabricate another to mount between the front and rear doors side to side.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Yeah, I can relate to your reasoning.. I tried to go to sleep a few hours ago but I felt like it wasn't my bed even though the crazy Mexican woman that snores loudly while sleeping was doing her thing... Then I realized that it was my bed but I was having an out of body experience and wasn't in the bed but asleep on the living room floor with a growling Australian cattle dog that wanted me to get up and feed him.... I want a full length retractable fabric top but the guys that make the kits say it won't work on a Fit and they refuse to explain why... I have a C pillar bar and could fabricate another to mount between the front and rear doors side to side.
Uh... retractable rag top... on your Fit?

Doesn't your KWSC high boost kit turn your engine into a torque monster?

I recall something about you being happy about not always getting full traction with your tires, because if you did, you'd twist the frame or something?!?

Do you think those C pillar bars would be enough to keep the rigidity?

Old 06-08-2011, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
uh... wtf was I saying here? Apparently, typing on a Xoom is not the best idea (I didn't intend to type "mention" but I must've hit the wrong keys and it auto-corrected to that). I think the word was supposed to be "means" not "mention."

It was supposed to be something like, the problem with quoting, is that the person doing the quote, can potentially make it look in their favor, IF the other person has "Last edited by ..." tag at the bottom of their post.

In any case... that's all I care to say about that topic. I won't speak for the others involved, but I think enough is enough.

Sorry, I take that back for a moment.

Why does my car need to be "unique" or HOT? Do I have to bolt on massive fart pipes to be cool? Do I have to dump NO2 into the engine to be "gnarly?" Maybe I need thousands of brand name stickers to "standout."

As if that was the reason I drive. I drive my Fit, for the sake of driving it around.

There's nothing hot about my car. It's MY car, that's all there is to it. I do the things I want to do to it... or choose not to.

At the moment, I want to install a sunroof, namely the TVS 935 STR (maybe I should forgo the rain sensor) from Webasto.

It would be "rare" for sure... but you know what's better than being rare? The feeling that I did what I want to my car for my own benefit (at that would be cooling off this oven we call a Fit!!!).

The only thing stopping me, is the worry that it might change the Fit's handling enough for me to notice... or rather, become disappointed at the "sacrifice." I know it will require cutting a number of roof cross members, affecting the rigidity. I know the hardcore folks wouldn't do it, cause THEY would definitely notice. But I'm not that hardcore. I just drive around the burbs. If it doesn't affect a DD car enough to worry, I'll do it... if I can justify paying for it ($1300+ is pricey).

If you want to slam, tuck, flush, roll, tweak, tune, swap or whatever you want to your car to make it "unique"... good for you.

But, I'm not you.

then do come on here and say "whoop dee do". a lot of people put a lot of time and money into their cars and yes everyone has their own style. but so far in this thread looks like ur bashing everyones style. me calling u out and saying "whats so hot about ur fit" was basically saying "whoop dee do" to u just in a different way. i bet u didnt like that either. just quit being such a dick.

and if u werent talking crap.... next time use different words. maybe something like not my style but good mod or idea or something like that.

Last edited by Previc93; 06-08-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
:l

thread has become unamusing...

Old 06-08-2011, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
lame last couple of posts. im trying to figure out why i have a wheel bearing noise coming from my front left wheel

everything feels tight on my car, but cant figure out why its making this noise. i really hope it isnt the bearings, id hate to take my springs off!

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?