1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member
Just put on the T1r Carbon intake!!! The car sounds deep! The only downer is that the filter is rubbing against the battery and its making a rattling noise, but that can be fixed. Overall pretty satisfied with how it sounds. I will post pictures up tomorrow and maybe a video clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQKP13VqXyM

Put some tape on that area to deaden the vibration noise.

Last edited by airwicc; 05-10-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
Removed the rear seats today, took 15 minutes. Gonna keep them out for a month or so and see if my gas mileage goes up. Can't really feel a difference driving but wasn't expecting to. 75 lbs from 2550 or so isn't much. Tons of room now though. I left the seatbelts attached just in case I'm in a pinch and REALLY NEED to sit someone in there I could.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitguy07
Removed the rear seats today, took 15 minutes. Gonna keep them out for a month or so and see if my gas mileage goes up. Can't really feel a difference driving but wasn't expecting to. 75 lbs from 2550 or so isn't much. Tons of room now though. I left the seatbelts attached just in case I'm in a pinch and REALLY NEED to sit someone in there I could.
The weight you removed has lowered the center of gravity so you should feel a difference on high G load curves and turns.. You might need to lower the rear tire pressure a couple of Lbs or the rear end may try to come around on you if you lift of of the throttle while in a turn .

Old 05-10-2011, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
Drove it to work and bought some brake items for it.

ATE Super Blue Fluid
EBC Greenstuff Pads
Autozone/Durastop Blank Rotors

Figure it will do for now. Weak link is my terrible all-season rubber anyway.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Washed her and waxed her, now its raining

Old 05-10-2011, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Yokomohoyo
Washed her and waxed her, now its raining

Sounds about right.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
The weight you removed has lowered the center of gravity so you should feel a difference on high G load curves and turns.. You might need to lower the rear tire pressure a couple of Lbs or the rear end may try to come around on you if you lift of of the throttle while in a turn .
Yeah, I figured the weight ratio has changed a bit too, with even more weight distributed towards the front. Maybe run 35psi in the front and 30psi in the back?

Old 05-11-2011, 08:41 AM
got my hks exhaust in yesterday around 6pm. Bolted it on and it sounds AMAZING for being a rear section only. hoping it improves mileage! J's C-pillar bar and mid bar next! Gotta wash/wax it today tho...gettin pretty nasty inside and out...

Old 05-11-2011, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
I drove into town to pick up the mail and a kid pulled up in the space behind me in a pickup telling me how cool he thought my car was... He works at an auto repair shop, owns a very modified Prelude and said there were other guys in town that have seen me driving around that couldn't believe how fast my car was... He told me where they hang out on Saturday nights until the cops run them off from there like they have other places and wants me to come hang out with them... I thought that was pretty nice but strange that there are young redneck country boys driving fast Japanese built cars that would want a 61 year old bearded, long haired old man hanging around a parking lot with them while the local cops cruise up and down the street waiting to give out tickets to them when they leave.... Since the kid said he would like to help me install some of the accumulation of parts I have acquired and not been able to twist, bend and stand on my head under the dash to do myself, I think I'll be hanging out with them a bit.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

I drove into town to pick up the mail and a kid pulled up in the space behind me in a pickup telling me how cool he thought my car was... He works at an auto repair shop, owns a very modified Prelude and said there were other guys in town that have seen me driving around that couldn't believe how fast my car was... He told me where they hang out on Saturday nights until the cops run them off from there like they have other places and wants me to come hang out with them... I thought that was pretty nice but strange that there are young redneck country boys driving fast Japanese built cars that would want a 61 year old bearded, long haired old man hanging around a parking lot with them while the local cops cruise up and down the street waiting to give out tickets to them when they leave.... Since the kid said he would like to help me install some of the accumulation of parts I have acquired and not been able to twist, bend and stand on my head under the dash to do myself, I think I'll be hanging out with them a bit.
and they got younger women too

Old 05-11-2011, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
and they got younger women too
Come on now Wild Bill. When you were that age and a nasty greasy redneck car guy you know all of the pretty girls wanted to be cheerleaders and hang out with the moron football players or toothless hockey guys up in you neck of the woods.... I don't mean that a car guy couldn't get pretty girls but when they do it isn't something they brag to there friends about unless it is because their friends want to get greasy paw prints all over their bodies too.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:40 PM
We always had the girls hanging around when we were in the drive wrenching their boyfriends car, not that we ever got to know them - but they we're like sunshine on a cloudy day.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
I had it pretty bad back then. I was more into motorcycles and very few girls would get on one of them in those days... Now I see these yuppie types and mid management retirees and there wives all dressed up in black leather wearing the latest thing from the Harley-Davidson Boutiques that used to make money selling real parts.. I wonder what changed their minds? .... There wasn't much I could do in the Healey either and the hood and aluminum cowling was easily bent by thinking about putting it to use...

Old 05-11-2011, 01:25 PM
You hit it on the head - Harley went mainstream. Last week I went to the local Harley Shop to find some S100. I was blown away, talk about hog heaven. The bikes were really just a small part of it. The place is huge and very up-town. Bikes new and used with showroom lighting, state of the art parts department, accessories galore, 5th Ave clothing to break the bank, collectables to match scattered all over the place and hanging on the walls. Pretty faces greeting you and a little cafe to talk business in.

Oh yea - that S100 I was looking for... seems Harley has branded it at a premium with it's own label. I walked around a bit and left. Ordered it on-line at a 20% saving and from the original manufacturer.

git yer motor running................................ HA

Old 05-11-2011, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
I blame Malcolm Forbes and his gift of a violet painted big twin to Liz Taylor... I used to have a lot of fun by letting a long stream of those clowns pass me like they were in some way superior beings while I was on my raggedy 84 K100 RT BMW.. It was fun to wind out to 145MPH, reel them in and swoosh by while dressed like a regular person and smoking a cigarette.... On long trips on an interstate I was always amazed at how many times those guys have to take breaks from riding... I rode my Harley to a show 69 miles from where I lived and won a trophy with "Long Distance" engraved on it. I think it was the pediatric gynecologist with a hard guy attitude and his trophy bottle blonde bimbo w/boob job and tanning booth colored skin that finally drove me to sell both of my Harleys.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
I HAS CAT-BACK!!!! bought a Skunk2 50mm from Previc. first day with it and I <3 the nice deep note.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LiL_Fit_Family
I HAS CAT-BACK!!!! bought a Skunk2 50mm from Previc. first day with it and I <3 the nice deep note.
Has your CEL come on yet?

Old 05-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
woot, got new pads installed. now i can brake hard again and not worry.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
no is there a reason it would?? its not like i removed and o2 sensors or anything.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LiL_Fit_Family
sweet bud im glad ur happy with it. i loved that sound. not too ricey.

Has your CEL come on yet?
y would it. i had it for for a while and never had a cel. i also had a test pipe and never had a cel. did u have a prob with urs?

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?