1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
changed the oil, cleaned my k&n filter and installed my T1R shifter with strutking hardbushings! shifting feels great and super short

Old 03-30-2011, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
to bad ya live so far away

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Finally had some time to myself today, put the summer tires on the Rota Slip's, 3mm hub spacers on the rear axle, painted/installed my home depot center caps and then gave it a quick wash to get all the nastiness from the past couple months of salt and dust off her:

Need to take it to a pro to repair the snow brush scuffs
Wish ya were closer I was look'n @ ur Fit think'n that I could fix those lite scratch.... then I scrolled down

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 03-30-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:41 AM
I put the aem cold air intake i bought in the trunk, one step closer to installing it ...just have to find that time, has anyone seen it? anyone? no? okay!

Old 04-01-2011, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=mikelowell915;978put the aem cold air intake i bought in the trunk, one step closer to installing it ...just have to find that time, has anyone seen it? anyone? no? okay![QUOTE]

Nice! I have same one though I only use it maybe one month out of the year...to much rain in Florida.

Last edited by Scala; 04-01-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
^you should turn it into a SRI!

Old 04-01-2011, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
Zeta Dead Pedal. I installed it last week though. Very solid and a much needed accessory.

I'm going to send payment for a TSX map light/homelink setup today

Last edited by D50boy; 04-01-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
DSM - I went 35% on the rear five w/ a 10% strip across the windshield. If I were to do it again it would be 30% on the rear five, 50% on the front doors and 10% windshield strip plus those front vent windows. Around these parts, as long as the view inside the front windows is clear the law seldom gives out hassles.

I bought my caddy out of Miami and it was a total limo tint and the entire windscreen was at 50% with a bold 10% strip across the top. Sweet looking, but hard at night. Lasted two years back up north until a trooper figured it was just too much. Pulled the front five on a performance ticket [no charge] and all is still good. Old tint comes off hard.
That looks nice, you've definitely given me plenty to think about now

Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Wish ya were closer I was look'n @ ur Fit think'n that I could fix those lite scratch.... then I scrolled down

Detailing and Paint.. I know nothing about other than how to wash and wax. But the snowbrush has scratched up practically the whole car. On top of that I have a mark the gets scuffed by my pants as I get out of the car on the driverside runner board, and on my passenger front door I have two dents just above the trim at the bottom from what I am guessing was a runaway shopping cart.

Which is why I considered ponying up for a pro. It would probably be far less expensive if you could give me some pointers on the brush marks so he could focus on the big stuff! You may well be my go to guy for when I get around to that! I would probably feel better about doing the bodywork myself with your guidance!

Old 04-01-2011, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mikelowell915
I put the aem cold air intake i bought in the trunk, one step closer to installing it ...just have to find that time, has anyone seen it? anyone? no? okay!
Psst, Psst it goes under the hood
Big Mike

Old 04-01-2011, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
man over board!

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
That looks nice, you've definitely given me plenty to think about now

Detailing and Paint.. I know nothing about other than how to wash and wax. But the snowbrush has scratched up practically the whole car. On top of that I have a mark the gets scuffed by my pants as I get out of the car on the driverside runner board, and on my passenger front door I have two dents just above the trim at the bottom from what I am guessing was a runaway shopping cart.

Which is why I considered ponying up for a pro. It would probably be far less expensive if you could give me some pointers on the brush marks so he could focus on the big stuff! You may well be my go to guy for when I get around to that! I would probably feel better about doing the bodywork myself with your guidance!
The 2 dents look up a PDR shop and ask to see some end results from the tech. As far as the brush marks, foam pad on a buffer and Megiair's #1 or 2 compound on Super clean paint! no dust or dirt and that should take all the scratches away. then a glaze it and wax and then stand back , but don't fall into the paint! it'll look 2' deep .
Big Mike

Old 04-02-2011, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
put on a fresh set of wheels today

Old 04-02-2011, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
Bought the Color for the rims: Kandy Tangerine on a silver base w/ golden pearl then the whole rim clear coated! here's the color on an ol' school lo rider:
This isn't even close to the WOW Factor this color possesses.
Big Mike

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 04-02-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
I painted a model car (cobra) that same color except I used gold base.... That was one of the last models I assembled.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
DSM - I went 35% on the rear five w/ a 10% strip across the windshield. If I were to do it again it would be 30% on the rear five, 50% on the front doors and 10% windshield strip plus those front vent windows. Around these parts, as long as the view inside the front windows is clear the law seldom gives out hassles.

The tint on the rear 5 looks nice. I think if the front 4 would look better tinted as well. Also your pic brings up the question... Where's Harold and Kumar?

Old 04-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Hootie
The tint on the rear 5 looks nice. I think if the front 4 would look better tinted as well. Also your pic brings up the question... Where's Harold and Kumar?
If I had a do over - done tinting though.
So, Did Doogie Houser just steal my f***ing car?

Old 04-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Detailed and wash!

Old 04-03-2011, 04:38 AM
5 Year Member
Fabbed up a DIY tow hook mount plate mount, painted the fog housings black and tinted the fogs yellow with yellow film.

These are the first mods I've done to the car. I've owned it since new and decided since the warrany on the body pars ran out 6 months ago and I am planning on keeping it for a while I might as well have fun with it. Next is new suspension (2 inch drop) full exhaust and header, intake, JDM interior parts, rims and tires and we'll go from there.

Last edited by T-Fit; 04-04-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by T-Fit
Fabbed up a DIY tow hook mount plate mount, painted the fog housings black and tinted the fogs yellow with yellow film.

These are the first mods I've done to the car. I've owned it since new and decided since the warrany on the body pars ran out 6 months ago and I am planning on keeping it for a while I might as well have fun with it. Next is new suspension (2 inch drop) full exhaust and header, intake, JDM interior parts, rims and tires and we'll go from there.
Sounds like a solid plan with my three favorite letters JDM. Keep working.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bthasht
Please give me more info on these so called home depot center caps. I still need caps for my circuit 8s, and rota has them on back order. Much interest on these.
Did you have any luck with those center caps?

Old 04-03-2011, 01:59 PM
^^ have not tryed them yet. Although I should have. Ive been at lowes and home depot everyday this week. We just bought a house and have been remolding kitchen and downstairs before we move in. hopefully the fit will not feel left out.
Did just buy her a blitz throtle controller so that will keep her happy

Old 04-03-2011, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
It'll be a cool project. Before this car I had a 93 Civic SI. Lowered, intake, 5 Zigen exhaust, Buddy club rims, JDM corners, Mugen replica lip, Momo wheel, CTR shift boot, and Skunk2 shifter and knob.

It'll be nice modding a newer car that I've had since new and know in and out.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?