1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
would it be possible to pull off the plastic tabs, bondo the holes ..sand/prime/paint?

Old 03-23-2011, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Gasket is for paint & keeping water out. The 2 nuts @ each end of the wing can be covered w/ plastic cap w/ a bolt, that's what i did. But the 3 oval holes are the tuff ones to cover up. right now there are plastic inserts to hold the 3 studs in place, but by noway are they water tight! I filled these in w/ calk & they leaked around the insert. alumninum tape would keep the water out but that's on the tacky side??

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 03-26-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Gasket is for paint & keeping water out. The 2 nuts @ each end of the wing can be covered w/ plastic cap w/ a bolt, thia what i did. But the 3 oval holes are the tuff ones to cover up. right now there are plastic inserts to hold the 3 studs in place, but by noway are they water tight! I filled these in w/ calk & they leaked around the insert. alumninum tape would keep the water out but that's on the tacky side??

You are just a wealth of handy tips and tricks with this stuff. When I can get my finances and time together, I may have a few questions to send your way!

Keep up the good work Mike!

Old 03-24-2011, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks Chris
Body & paint is my favorites. I'm a detailed visionary

And you my friend are a wealth motor info! If we'd ever get together we'd build a "Pretty Fast" car.
250 whp LA15 with a House of Kolors paint job!
Big Mike

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 03-26-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Big Mike, do you mind PMing me with instructions for installation of the mugen spoiler?

im not sure how to go about mounting it.. mostly figuring out where to drill the holes - lol

thanks!!!

Old 03-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Back from NC. Trip went great. Fit was a dream to drive down there, with the exception of no sound system . While we were at dance competion someone did not like the way I park in two spots so they cant ding my car up. Silly Me for not allowing careless people to hurt my car. So this person decided to apply a static cling sticker to my driver window. Little did they know I now LOVE this sticker, and it now graces my windsheild.

Off that I got this in,and painted High Heat Black. Aspec Test Pipe. Now Im going to wrap it in Black Heat Wrap. Wont be installing until next month, after inspection. Will be installing with axel back as well.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
weld the holes up

Originally Posted by kenmei
would it be possible to pull off the plastic tabs, bondo the holes ..sand/prime/paint?
no,no,no!
what is the bondo going to stick to and if ya ever want the OEM on ur done.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bthasht
Back from NC. Trip went great. Fit was a dream to drive down there, with the exception of no sound system . While we were at dance competion someone did not like the way I park in two spots so they cant ding my car up. Silly Me for not allowing careless people to hurt my car. So this person decided to apply a static cling sticker to my driver window. Little did they know I now LOVE this sticker, and it now graces my windsheild.

Off that I got this in,and painted High Heat Black. Aspec Test Pipe. Now Im going to wrap it in Black Heat Wrap. Wont be installing until next month, after inspection. Will be installing with axel back as well.

People do some nasty stuff to the rides of folks who park like J-O's around here.

And I can't say I blame them. Not that I would screw with someone else car because I would go ballistic if someone did it to me.. just sayin'

I park in the farthest reaches of the lot usually against a curb and tucked as far in as possible to avoid dings/dents

Hows the test pipe sound?

Old 03-25-2011, 12:01 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I have been off from work all week for my sisters funeral so I was in need of some happiness and got my tail lights installed and my CF hood back on. I am going early in the morning to get the rims back on and my car will be back to normal. Hate driving a stock Fit much more fun to drive a modified one!

Old 03-25-2011, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
no,no,no!
what is the bondo going to stick to and if ya ever want the OEM on ur done.
why the heck would i want the OEM one back on?

and the with the bondo you can use these kits, they come with mesh to cover the holes.. pretty nifty.

obviously i'd need to take off some clear and paint + respray it... but it's what i did with my front bumper (had a screw hole from the license plate) and it came out really well..

what do you think?

Old 03-25-2011, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
I have been off from work all week for my sisters funeral so I was in need of some happiness and got my tail lights installed and my CF hood back on. I am going early in the morning to get the rims back on and my car will be back to normal. Hate driving a stock Fit much more fun to drive a modified one!
sorry for your loss... and you're right about modding!

Old 03-25-2011, 02:21 AM
Hey Big Mike, do you mind PMing me with instructions for installation of the mugen spoiler?

im not sure how to go about mounting it.. mostly figuring out where to drill the holes - lol

thanks!!!

its not a direct fit to replace the stock sport?

Old 03-25-2011, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by flipperlazo
its not a direct fit to replace the stock sport?

nope. the stock one has a bunch of holes for tabs/clips

so you have to fill those in somehow (and with the mugen one they'll show... thus me wanting to bondo it) and then drill holes for the 2 bolts on each side (via making a template)

not super easy at all.

Last edited by kenmei; 03-25-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:09 PM
^^ kenmei, you probably dont want to hear this, but proper way to do it would be to weld plates to existing holes. Grind welds flush, and putty smooth. Then repaint.

Cheap way, do the plugs like a rear wiper delete. Silicone underside, and paint to match. However this way leaves exposed plugs.

Last option is use the mugen rear diffuser like Big Mike has got. Fittin is selling one in his f/s thread.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bthasht
^^ kenmei, you probably dont want to hear this, but proper way to do it would be to weld plates to existing holes. Grind welds flush, and putty smooth. Then repaint.

Cheap way, do the plugs like a rear wiper delete. Silicone underside, and paint to match. However this way leaves exposed plugs.

Last option is use the mugen rear diffuser like Big Mike has got. Fittin is selling one in his f/s thread.
yeah, i'd rather not have anything exposed.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
installed my ghetto maplight

Name:  a8886990.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  78.5 KB

it's actually quite cool. it "dims" (goes from 3 - 2 - 1 led's on) and has velcro so you can remove it and use it as a flashlight. got one for ryanroland too

Old 03-26-2011, 06:09 PM
is that battery powered or did u run a line to there?

Old 03-26-2011, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
installed my ghetto maplight

it's actually quite cool. it "dims" (goes from 3 - 2 - 1 led's on) and has velcro so you can remove it and use it as a flashlight. got one for ryanroland too

Nice mod man... That's exactly what I had except in the summer it kept getting way to hot in the car that the heat would melt the glue of the Velcro and fall off:/ I just took off the cover for the mirror and screwed on the harness it came with. Looks good tho!

Old 03-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Took the fit to the Honda dealer and had a lube, oil, filter, multi point check up, window switch recall and low beam headlamp recall done.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:45 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Got my car all put back together and the weather is calling for 2 inches of snow in the morning. OK so where exactly is spring?????

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?