1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

new guy, 07 fit sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 01:10 AM
new guy, 07 fit sport

hey, what's up? i'm steve, i just bought a 2007 fit sport the silver metallic color and i got a ton of questions! it's going to be my daily driver so i don't want to mod it too much, but on the other hand i have a hard time not. uh i guess my first 3 questions would be 1) i want a small drop, tein springs seems good to me, any input? 2) do i need a camber kit? and 3) how big of wheel spacers do i need to make the rear wheels sit just about flush with the body? like i said, i just got it so i will be getting on here more and more and eventually get some pics, let's see what else. my main project right now is a 97 s10 on air, shaved, and on going mods. so yeah, that's about it...

Old 03-25-2010, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
Welcome! Tein springs give a very low drop. I wish I got them, since i have a base. Camber kit is always good, cant hurt. About the spacers, I suggest you do some research in the wheels section of the forum. Looots to read.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:09 AM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the boards man. First thing i highly recommend is to protect your fogs. PIckup a set of films from me for cheap man.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...only-best.html

Only the best, trust me.

Questions:
1) Teins are good. You can also find a cheap set of tanabe gf210's. Those have a nice drop and are a little stiffer then stock. Try to also look for a set of t1r's. Used sets of springs sell on here all the time for cheap so keep an eye open out in the for sale sections.

2) Camber kit in the front will be necessary. You will have negative camber in the front. The back isn't as bad but you will also have negative camber. Unfortunately you can't get a camber kit for the back due to the torsion rear beam axle it can't be corrected without special washers that isn't an easy task. I wouldn't be worried too much tho as long as you keep up regular rotations.

3) That depends on what kind of wheels your gonna get. If your gonna get +40 offset wheels at 16x7, you will be pretty flush if not needing 3mm spacers or so. 16x7 with a +38 offset will bring it in a little more. First find a set of wheels you like and go from there.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:06 AM
thanx for the info guys. i have thouight long and hard about how want me fit to look, which is hard for me since A) i'm a minitrucker, and B) i can't really go nuts since it is a daily driver. so i have come to the conclusion that i will end up doing it like i like most cars, a sleeper kinda look. i like the look of a car that appears to be pretty stock unless you look and pic up on the subtle changes. i have been researching parts for a while now and i think that the most noticable difference will be the taillights. not to ramble, but right now plans include a small drop, HIDs, ledd bulbs, smoked clear led taillights, window tint, armrest, and either the music link of and aftermarket radio, a sub, and eventually some rims. when i bought mine it had steel wheels with good tires on them and the factory alloy rims with nice street tires, or whatever you wanna call them, so i think i'm going to run those for now and just space them out a bit. mopre to come...

Old 03-25-2010, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
if you're going to run spacers there are two things to look out for:
1) you're going to need to run extended studs for anything above 5mm -- a 3mm spacer is fine on the oem studs but those are a waste of money imo.
2) our hub bearings suck. of the 4 Fit owners i've talked with who ran 5mm or 8mm spacers, 3 had to replace a hub bearing because of the added stress from pushing the wheels out further. hub bearings are only $3.00 on bernardi and easy to replace but it's a pain in the ass and time consuming.

it all starts with, "just tint, springs, wheels, hid's.." but we all know it doesn't stop there lol. welcome to ff.net!

Old 03-25-2010, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GD3_Wagoon
if you're going to run spacers there are two things to look out for:
1) you're going to need to run extended studs for anything above 5mm -- a 3mm spacer is fine on the oem studs but those are a waste of money imo.
2) our hub bearings suck. of the 4 Fit owners i've talked with who ran 5mm or 8mm spacers, 3 had to replace a hub bearing because of the added stress from pushing the wheels out further. hub bearings are only $3.00 on bernardi and easy to replace but it's a pain in the ass and time consuming.

it all starts with, "just tint, springs, wheels, hid's.." but we all know it doesn't stop there lol. welcome to ff.net!
hahaha. The ones that have no self control mod themselves a hole in the pocket. LOL

Old 03-26-2010, 12:23 AM
wait, AnlDyxp GD3, when you say a very low drop, do you mean it is a lot of drop or just a little bit? i'm just looking for a little drop...

Old 03-26-2010, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by XsteveedgeX
wait, AnlDyxp GD3, when you say a very low drop, do you mean it is a lot of drop or just a little bit? i'm just looking for a little drop...
i beleive the Tein springs are like 2"-2.5" drop(which I beleive is the lowest drop from springs for the fit). Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it is fairly low. I have the Tanabe GF210 springs. These are only about 1.5" drop which is very mild, and these springs are more for performance than looks. I'm happy with them. They're pretty stiff too. But I like being able to feel the bumps when I drive, feels aggressive. haha

Old 03-26-2010, 10:15 AM
ok cus i read that the tein springs are 1.8/1.2. i'm thinking it's between the tein and skunk2 at this point. from reading the sticky on springs, i think these are the 2 i have to choose between. i just want a very mild drop...

Old 03-26-2010, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by XsteveedgeX
ok cus i read that the tein springs are 1.8/1.2. i'm thinking it's between the tein and skunk2 at this point. from reading the sticky on springs, i think these are the 2 i have to choose between. i just want a very mild drop...

Here is the drop for these springs. The Tanabe springs are still the mildest drop. The teins are pretty low.

Tanabe GF210- F/R: 1.5"/0.9"

Tein S-Tech- F/R: 1.8"/1.2"