1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Worldwide Honda Fit/Jazz recall!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
Take the cover off for them when you pull up

Old 03-28-2010, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I<3My08GD3
Newest Update:
-Pros: Got my car back from dealership and actually had it done in one shot after i called and complained. Getting new front oem lip (read cons to see why).

-Cons: Found scratches all over the door panels and worst of all THEY FU**KIN CRACKED MY OEM LIP. (sorry for the explicit language) How they hell they do that really beats me when my car aint even slammed. Had to complain to a manager and the tech(denies making any damages) that drove my car.

*Good thing I took off my Mugen lip and sold it before I brought my car in for maintenance.
which dealership did you buy your fit from btw? I want to know whether I should show up with the window cover removed for them. LOL

Old 03-29-2010, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
which dealership did you buy your fit from btw? I want to know whether I should show up with the window cover removed for them. LOL
Goudy Honda

Old 03-29-2010, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I<3My08GD3
Goudy Honda
oh ok. Any socal people buy theirs from Diamond Honda? Just wondering how competent their techs are. LOL.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:46 AM
i worked at since 2007 and was laid off in 2009. most of the techs there do great work. i would recommend that you guys that go to diamond see Tony Luera or Alan Chan, they have the best guys on there team. im planning on taking my fit in to get the recall done.

Last edited by davmbar; 03-29-2010 at 02:49 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:00 AM
i had spoke to tony on friday and he said that they would need it for 2 hours max. and i also talked to Elson in parts and he said the switch covers were in stock. just letting you guys know.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by davmbar
i had spoke to tony on friday and he said that they would need it for 2 hours max. and i also talked to Elson in parts and he said the switch covers were in stock. just letting you guys know.
Thanks dude! good to know

Old 03-29-2010, 09:40 PM
got my recall in the mail. will get it fixed tomorrow

Old 04-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Exclamation safety recall consequence?

so i got my fit "fixed" for the safety recall last week and then i recently realized that my power lock door switch isn't working. i'm pretty sure they were working BEFORE i checked my car in at the dealer.

i'm just wondering if anyone else had the same problem? i'm currently on hold to schedule another appointment. -_-

Old 04-11-2010, 08:36 PM
When I bought the used fit the previous owner nicely took care of the recall window switch one week before i bought the fit. He just got the notice 2 weeks ago...

Old 04-12-2010, 03:59 PM
yeah, my car got recalled. But what i don't understand is how the hell do you die from that shit? it's not like it explodes...it catches on fire...if my car catches on fire i stop it and get the fuck out.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by S14b
yeah, my car got recalled. But what i don't understand is how the hell do you die from that shit? it's not like it explodes...it catches on fire...if my car catches on fire i stop it and get the fuck out.
LOL! true, but I'd rather not have it happen in the first place. Insurance companies nor does Honda cover mods

Old 04-13-2010, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
did it take the half day they claim? I don't think I could go without a car for any longer than that. Did anyone just wait in the waiting room?

Old 11-11-2011, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
Question

Passenger window not working/possible Master switch related problem??

My 07 Sport front passenger window stopped working and I thought it was because of the so called "deffective master switch recall". Well, I took my car in and Honda changed the master switch, but even after doing the recall, the passenger window still won't go up or down. I mentioned this to service and the guy says the issue is unrelatd to the master switch recall. He says the problem is the window motor went bad. I'm wondering if the motor which powers the window got messed up as a consequence of the deffective master switch and Honda now wants me to pay for a new window motor when it was the master switch that created the whole problem to begin with..
Has anyone else had this issue? Any thoughts??

Last edited by fit-aficionado; 11-11-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit-aficionado
Passenger window not working/possible Master switch related problem??

My 07 Sport front passenger window stopped working and I thought it was because of the so called "deffective master switch recall". Well, I took my car in and Honda changed the master switch, but even after doing the recall, the passenger window still won't go up or down. I mentioned this to service and the guy says the issue is unrelatd to the master switch recall. He says the problem is the window motor went bad. I'm wondering if the motor which powers the window got messed up as a consequence of the deffective master switch and Honda now wants me to pay for a new window motor when it was the master switch that created the whole problem to begin with..
Has anyone else had this issue? Any thoughts??
no its not related. the recall was just to put a plastic around the switch for water intrusion. just buy a window motor. they go out all the time... as for fits ive had mine since july 07 and have 93k mile on it and havent had to put one in but recently a lot of things here and there are starting to fail. most companys make cars to last through warranty after that the bill is all up to u and thats what they would rather have.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Previc93
no its not related. the recall was just to put a plastic around the switch for water intrusion. just buy a window motor. they go out all the time... as for fits ive had mine since july 07 and have 93k mile on it and havent had to put one in but recently a lot of things here and there are starting to fail. most companys make cars to last through warranty after that the bill is all up to u and thats what they would rather have.
Thanks for the reply bro.

Talk about coincidence. I refused an extended warranty for my Fit today. The rep. from Honda was asking around $1,800 for the next 3 years. I'm not planning on keeping the car for 3 years anyways, but we'll see..

Say, do you know more or less how much these power window motors go for on our cars?