1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Worldwide Honda Fit/Jazz recall!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
So I received my recall letter yesterday. What a damn inconvenience.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
So I received my recall letter yesterday. What a damn inconvenience.
Yep got mine too

Old 03-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Yeah I got mines as well on Monday and call my dealership today, and guess what their service dept tells me? "We do not have any information regarding this recall" then proceeds to telling me that they will call me back once they clear it up. I also brought to their attn regarding the dash rattle noise that most of us GD owner have and they told me they haven't heard of such complaints regarding this issue (LIES!!!) my friends brought their FIT in for this issue and got it repaired. This dealership FAILS!..okay I'm done venting...such inconvenience...

Old 03-24-2010, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit4Trav
Yep got mine too
we probably have the same mail man. Damn him/her!

Originally Posted by I<3My08GD3
Yeah I got mines as well on Monday and call my dealership today, and guess what their service dept tells me? "We do not have any information regarding this recall" then proceeds to telling me that they will call me back once they clear it up. I also brought to their attn regarding the dash rattle noise that most of us GD owner have and they told me they haven't heard of such complaints regarding this issue (LIES!!!) my friends brought their FIT in for this issue and got it repaired. This dealership FAILS!..okay I'm done venting...such inconvenience...
We probably have the same dealership. Damn them!

Old 03-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Update: Okay so the dealership called me back and told me I have to schedule to bring my car in for their techs to take a look at it then reschedule another appointment when they ordered the parts that is needed and when it gets in to actually repair it...sigh... got to go in twice... what a super inconvenience. I actually had rain spilled into the switches during the past months from all the rain going thru drive thrus. I thought dealerships suppose to carry these recall parts in stock.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
Update: Okay so the dealership called me back and told me I have to schedule to bring my car in for their techs to take a look at it then reschedule another appointment when they ordered the parts that is needed and when it gets in to actually repair it...sigh... got to go in twice... what a super inconvenience. I actually had rain spilled into the switches during the past months from all the rain going thru drive thrus. I thought dealerships suppose to carry these recall parts in stock.
what a pain in the ass.. I need my car all day everyday. So i'd have to schedule for a saturday...damn it!

Old 03-24-2010, 02:45 PM
what a pain in the ass.. I need my car all day everyday. So i'd have to schedule for a saturday...damn it!

Good luck my dealership does not do tech checks on weekends only appt for schedule maintenance. I tried to schedule sat too. Like you said i need my car everyday all day....now i got to request time off work for it....

*HOPE THE DEALERSHIP KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING* They told me I am the first to come in for this recall. If this wasnt the closest dealership around I would try for other ones.

Last edited by I<3My08GD3; 03-24-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:47 PM
I got mine yesterday... haven't called yet.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
I got mine today

Old 03-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Still waiting for mine - wish it would get here so I could get it fixed. I need to have the bumper pulled and repainted before my warranty runs out in May. I had it fixed in 2008 and it is starting to peel again in the seam between the front bumper and the side panel.

Cat :x

Old 03-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Well, I got mine last friday, and I got mine fixed on Monday morning. They replaced the switches due to corrosion occuring. Which I've was told is there rule (corrison = replacment) and then installed the housing around it. So I started looking and they actually replaced all the swithes in my car, so it was done in an hr.

So yeah, I'm very happy that I was able to get the car fixed quick and done right.

Thumbs up Honda for handling this so quickly and proper.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:02 AM
Got mine fixed last Saturday, didn't even have to replace the switch. But now it got in a fender bender & it's gonna be in the shop for a couple of weeks. I'll still be modding though

Old 03-26-2010, 08:01 AM
Got my letter last night. Theres no fuckin way I'm letting them keep my car for half a day. When they did the wire harness recall on the drivers side floor board they put a 3 inch scratch in my door. Now I've got some custom parts on my door panels, the window switch plates in particular. I'm not giving some screw up a chance to ruin my parts.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gd3vbp
Got my letter last night. Theres no fuckin way I'm letting them keep my car for half a day. When they did the wire harness recall on the drivers side floor board they put a 3 inch scratch in my door. Now I've got some custom parts on my door panels, the window switch plates in particular. I'm not giving some screw up a chance to ruin my parts.
when was there a wire harness recall?

Agreed! I remember a thread by another member saying that the dealership had to replace something on the dash, and left screwdriver marks all along the edges. Freaks me out

Old 03-26-2010, 12:25 PM
when was there a wire harness recall?

Agreed! I remember a thread by another member saying that the dealership had to replace something on the dash, and left screwdriver marks all along the edges. Freaks me out
I don't remember the exact date, I had it taken care of a month or so after I got the car. It may not have been applicable to you since you don't live in a state that gets a lot of snow.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
And you didn't make a fuss about this? If you have the recall letter, they should have the parts and do the repair as directed in one shot. I would demand that they have the parts ready for your convenience since the damn recall is already an inconvenience. Seriously, call Honda and let them know.

You're taking time out to call the dealer and schedule an appt, least they can do is have everything ready regardless of what needs to be replaced. The parts come from Honda anyways and it is their own damn recall! Not like the dealership is loosing out...

Any dealer should be ready and prepped to take care of a Manufacturer's recall.

That aside....

Does anyone know what the recall and installation of a new switch or cover entails? Do the door panels need to be removed? I just had the car in for 2 days to have the vapor membrane seals replaced a second time and my door panels can't take anymore abuse

Last edited by p1driftfiend; 03-26-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by p1driftfiend
And you didn't make a fuss about this? If you have the recall letter, they should have the parts and do the repair as directed in one shot. I would demand that they have the parts ready for your convenience since the damn recall is already an inconvenience. Seriously, call Honda and let them know.

Any dealer should be ready and prepped to take care of a Manufacturer's recall.

That aside....

Does anyone know what the recall and installation of a new switch or cover entails? Do the door panels need to be removed? I just had the car in for 2 days to have the vapor membrane seals replaced a second time and my door panels can't take anymore abuse
I think its only the cover on the window switches. I'm crossing my fingers that I wont find screw driver marks though.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Newest Update:
-Pros: Got my car back from dealership and actually had it done in one shot after i called and complained. Getting new front oem lip (read cons to see why).

-Cons: Found scratches all over the door panels and worst of all THEY FU**KIN CRACKED MY OEM LIP. (sorry for the explicit language) How they hell they do that really beats me when my car aint even slammed. Had to complain to a manager and the tech(denies making any damages) that drove my car.

*Good thing I took off my Mugen lip and sold it before I brought my car in for maintenance.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
Called the delaership yesterday. Scheduled appointment for Monday. They need the vehilce for the whole day. (Drop off at 7.30 Am Pick up at 6Pm) ... Sigh ....

Old 03-27-2010, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
^ that's just bs. No way it take that long. I bet that for most of the day your Fit is just sitting around. Got my letter yesterday so now have to figure out which dealer that is the least likely to f my car up to take it to. Worst thing is my window switches trim are cf laminated. I'm going to cover it with masking tape just in case.

Quick Reply: Worldwide Honda Fit/Jazz recall!