1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Right front seat well flooded

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 12:52 PM
Right front seat well flooded

I drove through a deep puddle in front of my house last monday and a short time afterward my wife noticed water pooled in the front passenger seat well. I mopped up the water with towels and tried to dry the carpet as best I could. I figured my wife was right that it was too deep until this morning when we noticed the front passenger seat well flooded again though it wasn't when we left the house. I would suspect the seal issue that others have posted about but the flooding happened while driving and not while parked. I checked the other seat wells and there doesn't appear to be any other flooding. Any thoughts? I drive a 2007 sport.

Todd

Old 11-23-2009, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
This could be the same problem my brother had on his 01 civic. Did you have the AC on while driving? What happened in my situation was that when the AC was on for a period of time the condensation would leak into the cabin and it made a puddle. Later on we found out from our mechanic was that there is a pipe of some sort and it had a lot of debris stuck inside it so the water would not drain properly. All they did was shoot compressed air in that pipe and a lot of dirt, leaves and water came out. Try that. Or it could be your heat exchanger not working properly as well.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:21 PM
It's too cold for the AC at the moment so perhaps the heat exchanger. What does the heat exchanger do?

Old 11-23-2009, 01:27 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
check your water levels on the radiator.

the heat exchanger or heater core under the passenger side dash is like a secondary radiator where hot water runs through it so the car will have heating. if it leaks your car will lose water and over heat.

did you have an aftermarket stereo put in? some times the installers will drill a hole through the firewall and that will allow rain to pour in through the hole and water will start pooling inside the car.

btw you should come to a meet some time.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:34 PM
No aftermarket parts at all. I'll have to check the radiator level.

Originally Posted by kylerwho
btw you should come to a meet some time.
Thanks for invitation but I'm not much of a car guy. I don't even know enough to be dangerous