1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Someone just hit and run me

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
holy schit...! sorry to see this.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:49 PM
if anyone leads me to this fool, ill personally give you 1k, or ill buy you a set of coilovers or wheels!

Old 10-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by andrewwdang
if anyone leads me to this fool, ill personally give you 1k, or ill buy you a set of coilovers or wheels!
Just keep doing the detective work.

Another thing I thought of...put up a few posters, like the kind people put up for lost pets. However, keep a record of where you put them up, and be sure to take them down when they get ratty, or when you find who it is.

Because nobody knows how recent those posters are, and you don't want to get calls on a car after the problem has been solved. You also want to be careful of what information YOU give out. Maybe make a special email address that will only be used for the car accident stuff, and after the person is caught, delete that email address.

Maybe style it like an old western WANTED poster. And have someone create a mock-up version of the car with the stripes as you best remember them.

If you're going to offer a reward, be sure to think it through. What the reward is for specifically...like is it for the license plate number of the car to track down the owner? Is the reward dependent upon the owner of that car paying for your damage? Those are two vastly different things.

I might suggest license plate and location for the reward.

You could also drop it off at some repair/body shops or auto parts places. Doing the photo manipulation to make a sketch of what you remember the car looking like might help the police too.

Be sure in your WANTED poster that you say the photo is "an artist's sketch" kind of thing. And we won't know what kind of damage was done to their car.

---

Here's one of my too-long stories...

I was working outdoors, and wasn't paying all that much attention to everything. But I happened to notice that a car MAY have crunched another car.

I asked the driver of the crunched car if they had a dent before they went inside. Driver said no. I gave the info that I could remember, but it wasn't everything. I didn't have the plate. I didn't know the model. I couldn't identify the guy at all.

But I did get the info from the guy with the crunched car. Said I'd let him know if I ever got the rest of the info.

Probably about a year passed. LOL.

And then I saw the guy in the orange car with the trench coat, the same guy that crunched the other guy's car. I needed to see that guy in that coat with that car in that position in order for me to realize it was the same person.

Got the license plate number that time.

The other guy had changed jobs, but I was able to track him down and give him the info.

Well, his insurance had long since paid for the damage. And he wasn't going to go after this guy.

But he was AMAZED that I remembered him, kept the information on him, recognized the car/man a year later, and went through the process of finding him to give him the info on the other guy.

He might have been able to go after the guy in court or something. I don't know. But it was important to ME that the guy who was hit had the information. HE can choose what he wants to do, if anything.
------

So, for your situation, you might not get results right away. BUT, you may well get results in the future. Next week. Next month. Or even next year.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:07 PM
thats true...updated for pics...

Old 10-10-2009, 04:01 PM
anyone knows if the cops will call you when they find the guy or do i have to wait for the police report?

=/ ive already got my mind set on an 01 celica gt

Old 10-11-2009, 05:35 AM
5 Year Member
oh man sorry to hear, were you the guy that complemented me today at the meet?

Old 10-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Yea, that'd be me... So crazy me and my friend just wanted to kill some time.... Didn't even know there was a meet!

Old 10-24-2009, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
how you doing now man?

Old 11-10-2009, 09:37 PM
UPDATE: car is SOLD