1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

2007 Fit Total Loss

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 08:02 PM
2007 Fit Total Loss

Well, had about two years left to pay on my fit until last weeks hit and run at 48k miles. Don't think I'll be getting another. Scared the crap out of me.

I may be able to get the import console and rear tray if anyone is interested. If they let me get it out of the car. I was thinking $200 for both.

Let you know.
Thanks all.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member
Sad to hear about your loss but do you mind to elaborate? Also where are you located, might help people who are interested in parts.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Oh man that sucks! You need to post some pictures of the accident if you have any...

Old 09-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FrogDaddy
Well, had about two years left to pay on my fit until last weeks hit and run at 48k miles. Don't think I'll be getting another. Scared the crap out of me.

I may be able to get the import console and rear tray if anyone is interested. If they let me get it out of the car. I was thinking $200 for both.

Let you know.
Thanks all.
Well at least you made it out alive! Even if the car was totaled, YOU were not. It's not the Fit's fault that you had an accident. And there are so many airbags that the Fit is safer than some much larger cars. You should go and drive a new Fit to see if you like it...it's been improved a lot (say the people who drive them and buy them).

Pics if you have them, please.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:09 PM
That sucks... and sucks about your loss. Good that you made it out

Old 09-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear about your car but glad to know that you were able to walk away from it without any serious injuries - it sounds like the car protected you and did what it was suppose to do.

Cat :x

Old 09-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Hit and run? "scared the crap out of me" so you had to be in the car..... no witnesses? security cameras of business around where you were? nothing?

Glad you're ok, shame about your Fit..... why wouldn't you want another one?

Don't like it?

I really wish they would catch the person who hit you

Old 09-02-2009, 01:19 AM
I know how you feel. My 98 Civic died to a hit and run, resulting in me buying a Fit. They did end up finding the guy and asked me if I wanted to press charges. I asked the detective if he had anything worth suing over. He told me they found him in a homeless shelter and is an illegal alien. Bummer for me. Hopefully he got deported.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MetalFit630
I know how you feel. My 98 Civic died to a hit and run, resulting in me buying a Fit. They did end up finding the guy and asked me if I wanted to press charges. I asked the detective if he had anything worth suing over. He told me they found him in a homeless shelter and is an illegal alien. Bummer for me. Hopefully he got deported.
ugh. that's almost worse / more infuriating than never catching the guy.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:24 PM
To be quite honest I think I'd like a little more room.
Nothing against the fit per se. I wanted it the day it was released.
Yes it did protect me and my family, no doubt. It could've been worse because I ended up on an electrical transformer. Could you imagine ripping the gas tank on something like that. Ugh!!!. As for the guy, he was tailed for his tag. Unable to get him that day. I wasn't the only one he ran off the road according to police report.
Anyway I'll get the pics up shortly.

May have Helm's shop manual, tray, and/or import console soon.

Thanks.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Old 09-02-2009, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Wow just looking at those pictures, it definitely looks like it was a bad accident.

Good thing it is a safe car.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
ouch... sorry to hear and see.

man, i wish you could send me your passenger side front fender. hahaha.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:26 PM
A real shame, that car is going to be real popular at the bone-yard. Looks like the rear crumple zone did its job perfectly though.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
Wow, how fast was he going when he hit you? I guess the frame got cracked, is that why it was totaled? It doesn't look that bad, really, the front is still clean. Sucks for the car but glad no one was hurt.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Speed wasn't my concern at the time. My concern was to get out of his way quickly. Car is totaled. Those pics don't reveal what's underneath the body. The cost was 9k + to fix. So I guess that's why it's been totaled because who knows how much it would be.

Last edited by FrogDaddy; 09-10-2009 at 11:04 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Why are you to scared to drive anymore?

Old 09-04-2009, 04:17 PM
wish i could take spares :/

Old 09-04-2009, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ricohman
Dude, this is normal after an accident. You keep re-playing it back in your mind, you can hear the noise from the impact, you probably still have some physical pain, of course there is all the trouble of not having a car, etc. or if it's your fault, the pain of getting a ticket, fine, court appearance etc.

It's a traumatic experience. Anyone who isn't scared afterward is probably on the sociopathic spectrum.

I can tell you that 2 years after my son had a skateboarding accident (fractured skull), I can be back on that road as if it happened yesterday. Bad stuff leaves permanent scars in our brains.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by ricohman
What makes you think that FrogDaddy is scared to drive anymore? He said the accident scared the crap out of him. I don't think that is so unbelievable, especially when considering the size of our Fits. Heck, I got scared purchasing it!

Quick Reply: 2007 Fit Total Loss