1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

PI Motorsports builds their first demo car!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
PI Motorsports builds their first demo car!

Here are just a few pictures of the begining build of a 2007 SSM Honda Fit Sport demo vehicle (this one targeted at the female tuners) that PI Motorsports with the colaboration of HondaFitTuner.com have begun. The first stage was a HondaFitTuner.com INGS+1 Replica Kit, Mugen Replica Visors, Seibon Carbon Fiber Hatch, XXR 17" Wheels (lips are being painted the same shade pink as the stars), F1 Headlight Brows, 20% Tint, PI Motorsports Vinyl Package, and currently installing the Tanabe Concept G Exhaust (being painted flat black to blend with the bumper inset). Stage 3 will consist of lowering the Project:Fit, a large dose of audio/video treatment, LED Tail Lights and Bi-Xenon HIDs. And we will continue from there. Again, the staff at PI Motorsports thank HondaFitTuner.com for all of their help and support, and look forward to the future of this build with them.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Streetracin101
(this one targeted at the female tuners)
no way! looks like a fun project.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
great job! those star decals look like glittery eye liner

BTW, it needs to be lowered

Old 07-28-2009, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the compliments.

Lowering is part of the 3rd phase. We are thinking about SWIFT Springs, but concerned about how soft they are. Road Magnet is local to us and can make us a custom set, but then we are without the vehicle for a week or so while the new springs are developed... and then in 2-3 months when the finished spring is powder coated, we have down time again. So just not sure what route we want to take yet.

Anyone have an opinion on the SWIFT stiffness? Especially the rears!

Old 07-28-2009, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
swift springs are not that soft, but they are not rock hard either. perfect imo.

i personally think this car looks terrible. its tremendously riced out with knock-off parts everywhere!

thumbs down. i'm not trying to be a hater, but this needs to be discouraged.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Wow. Where are you guys located?? I'm located in Silver Spring area. How long have you been working on this project?

Old 07-28-2009, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
eldaino, sounds pretty much hater to me. The kit and the visors are the only things knock-off, and the quality on them has been superb, which is why we decided to go with them. But to each their own.

FitVic, We are located in Harford County. We have been working on this fit for just over a month now. Its only been to one show as we are still not ready to compete with it and currently installing parts on it pretty consistently. The Tanabe exhaust arrived today and will be sprayed a flat black before being installed in the next day or two.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Looks pretty ***/ricey IMO.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:50 PM
I'll be honest, I think it's a little sexist that you "target female tuners" with a car thats splashed with big pink stars all over it, as if women are some kind of cliche and can only look at something "pretty." Just because theres women in a predominantly male scene doesnt mean we have to be appealed to through elementary ideas, like were stupid and big and pink is something we can relate to.

All that aside, I think the car is hideous.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
Wow, some angry people who have a very narrow mindset when it comes to cars in here.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
I know it's targeted toward a females but those stars just doesn't flow.
The rest of the car is good through.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
The wheel lip is the only part that bothers me. Once it's painted I think it will look great. Post pics when you get them painted. Good luck with the project!

on edit: also - i think it would look better if the mesh in the grills were painted flat black.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
if i was a girl, yeah..i'd be kinda mad but im not

here's my .02

kit, wheels and visors are reps. the first thing i noticed was the imperfect bumper. the shadow of the hood shows the bumper's defect.....should have that fixed. pink, silver and black arent the best color combination. Maybe a different color combo might make the project a bit better? dunno....gl with it though

Old 07-28-2009, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
OMG mesh. YUM.
/end sarcasm

Yea, I guess it looks alright now...please get it lowered soon, the painted wheels should bring it together a bit more though also. please no mesh.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
ummmm.......... yeah.
well......
if........
maybe.......

nah, nevermind i was trying to think of something nice to say but i couldn't.

at least it's tinted

Old 07-28-2009, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
The mods would look really good on a white car.... Silver cars seems to only favor only black or chrome accessories..... Good luck with your project.... I want some of those visors if they are priced right.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:52 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
A 'shocker' sticker on the back window of a tuner car targeting females = LMAO.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:00 PM
my wife likes pink soo i guess its ok. but the mesh looks like a BBQ grill. lose it and lets see some REAL mods. TURBO! girls like it fast also....jmo

Old 07-28-2009, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wdb
A 'shocker' sticker on the back window of a tuner car targeting females = FAIL.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
Just a bit of insight because I get the feeling a lot of people think this was built by a group of men trying to impress and attract females based on a single design. The vehicle is owned by a female, was designed by a female, and this same female is learning what it means to modify a vehicle piece by piece as she actually gets her hands dirty building this demo vehicle. So to say its targeted to female tuners is acurate and I dont feel in any way is sexist.

But alas, we will never please everyone. In fact, we (PI Motorsports) arent getting our way on this vehicle as it is, we can only offer suggestions and ideas, but in the end it is the owers design and decision. We are proud she took such an active role and has been so focused on her build, and that is the reason we are sharing this with fellow Honda Fit owners... with hopes that others would appreciate someone trying to make something unique and keep the Fit represented.

But yes, lowering and lip is beig done in the next 2-3 weeks, and agree it will help pull a lot more of the car together. As for the flow of the stars, in person there is actually a great flow you can see in the graphic and how it pulls together with the car. We were surprised how seeing it going down the hightway versus on the computer in vector form, just how much more appealing it was to the rest of us.

In regards to the upper grill opening on the front bumper, we agree its not right, that is something that will be redesigned as a Seibon Carbon Fiber Grill and Carbon Fiber Hood make their way on to the vehicle this fall. Its actually a LOT better then how it originally fitted.

And good or bad, we do appreciate everyones input.

Quick Reply: PI Motorsports builds their first demo car!