1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Fit sounds like creaky haunted house?? :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 02:40 AM
5 Year Member
Fit sounds like creaky haunted house?? :(

hi guys, the problem i'm talking about is present when the Fit exibits alot of flex... i mostly hear it pulling into driveways and other sudden elevation changes. At first i thought this creaking sound came from the rear springs because my aftermarket springs tend to be a little noisy sometimes but i think the sound actually comes from the door/B-Pillar area! Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing.. It makes me think that the fit is as strong as foil paper.. aha oh well it's still superlightweight

Old 06-22-2009, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
I don't think that says anything about the strength of the body. I'm sure it's plenty strong, since it holds up pretty well under an impact (mine did, anyway). I assumed in my Fit the minor creaking noises are due to stiff suspension components (more specifically, I have no clue).

Old 06-22-2009, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
i had the same creaks!
i sprayed the rear rubber spring cushions with some aerosol silicone and haven't had a creak since then. give it a shot and let me know if that helped

Old 06-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
usually creaks come from bushings... like swaybar bushings, spring top mount bushings. as chaaree mentioned, take some white lithium grease (they have sprays) and just apply some to see wat happens.

WD40 will only work for a few weeks at best for outdoor things that get beat by the weather. use something thick like lithium grease.

Last edited by kenchan; 06-22-2009 at 02:41 PM. Reason: i meant swaybar bushings, not endlink bushings lol!
Old 06-22-2009, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
okay i'll definitely try it. Thank you!

Old 06-22-2009, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
yah, made a typo.... meant to say SWAYBAR bushings, not endlink bushings. lol

Old 06-22-2009, 02:50 PM
I had this weird noise like water was running down a rock wall into a spring whenever I turned the steering wheel after JUST starting up the car...

It was the WEIRDEST thing. But it hasn't happened for a while...

Old 06-22-2009, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
I get a noise like that sometimes that doesn't seem to be connected to the steering. I think mine is air bubbles in the coolant. Not sure how important it is to get taken care of.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by secondspassed
I get a noise like that sometimes that doesn't seem to be connected to the steering. I think mine is air bubbles in the coolant. Not sure how important it is to get taken care of.
Yeah it doesn't seem to me to be a troubling issue as my car handles just fine regardless.

But if you find out any news on it, keep me updated.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
I've seen other threads suggest bleeding the cooling system, I think the only real potential negative effect is less than ideal cooling performance. I'm waiting for my mileage to start dropping to indicate I'm running hot or something before I get too worried.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
I believe that "water" sound is the gas in the gas tank. I only hear it after the car has sat for a period of time, usually overnight. I park on the side of the street, so the car is slightly angled to one side. When I pull out into the road I hear the sound. Remember, the gas tank is under the front seats!

Old 06-25-2009, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
secondpass- just pop your hood and check the coolant level
when your engine is cold. the coolant should be at middle
(between high and low). if not, add some more.

if you continue to get werd noises open the radiator cap when
the engine is cold and add a bit of coolant to the neck of the
valve.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by secondspassed

I saw this post. Did you do an aftermarket intake? I have had the bubbles sound off and on since I put on my Fujita. I plan on replacing it with one that uses the stock hoses. The ones in the Fujita kit aren't as good as stock.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HotIron
I saw this post. Did you do an aftermarket intake? I have had the bubbles sound off and on since I put on my Fujita. I plan on replacing it with one that uses the stock hoses. The ones in the Fujita kit aren't as good as stock.
you probably purged enough coolant to cause that bubbling/gurgulling sound when disconnecting that line to replace with the fujita hose. just do as kenchan instructed above and you'll be all set

Old 06-27-2009, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
i had that same creaking noise but it was cause by a torn bump stop in my driverside rear shock.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm glad to check this thread out. I'm hearing noise to but different from the noises reported above. I hear a siren like noise when reversing/forwarding while turning from a stop like pulling out from a parking space. One time I actually thought that the cop car behind me turned his siren on me but in low sound but aside from that my fit drives well. What is this thing? It's staring to freak me out that this may lead to bigger problem with my Fit.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:19 AM
try to spray it some lubricants sir.. maybe it work

Old 09-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Just an FYI, I have the exact same creak coming from by B-pillar. Only mod is sound proofing the whole car. no sound system or anything...

Old 09-20-2009, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HotIron
No aftermarket intake for me. And I did wait until my mileage started dropping to really take care of this issue (probably a stupid move). Once I topped off the coolant I have had no gurgles since! And the car noticeably revs easier, too. I fear I may have been low for a long time.

When I try and check my levels I cannot see through the plastic of the reservoir. Does anyone else have this problem? I can only make out the fluid line once it's above the max line. Is it okay to remove the reservoir cap to check on the level or will that let air back into the system?

Old 09-20-2009, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
no worries, if you take off the cap to check the level it won't let air back into the system. i just shine a flashlight on the reservoir tank and the coolant level is clear as day.

Quick Reply: Fit sounds like creaky haunted house?? :(