1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Question about rear windshield washer - please help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 08:33 PM
Question about rear windshield washer - please help!

I've only had my 2007 Fit LX (AT) for a couple weeks now and so today was the first time it has rained heavily in my area... I know how to use the rear wipers but when I tried to spray the windshield fluid on the rear window, it just squirted out and onto the floor behind the car!!!

I'm serious! Not one drop of fluid made its way onto the windshield! It just shot straight out. Maybe the little hole on the rear windshield is broken or something...? What do you guys think? Am I doing it wrong? When I turn the knob up once, the rear wiper comes on. Then, when I turn the knob up a second time, the fluid shoots out (but misses the entire window). The wipers are still moving but they are not wiping up anything because no fluid is on the window!!! LOL... please help me!

Old 05-27-2009, 09:06 PM
LOL

does it spray straight out or mostly down? Is it broken off?

Old 05-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by polaski
LOL

does it spray straight out or mostly down? Is it broken off?
It squirts out too far... it comes straight out, like a water gun or something! I don't get it! The nozzle on the back looks weird... it's just a small black hole that is to the left of the brake light. Does that sound right? There is no spout on mines that would seemingly direct the fluid downward and onto the window... rather, it's just a plain hole and fluid just squirts out and lands on the ground! Any ideas of what could be wrong? Maybe my nozzle is broken???

Old 05-27-2009, 09:35 PM
see if you can buy a replacement tip from the dealership. or at bernardi parts

i think this is it.
Honda NOZZLE ASSY., RR. WINDSHIELD - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

Old 05-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Interstate526
see if you can buy a replacement tip from the dealership. or at bernardi parts

i think this is it.
Honda NOZZLE ASSY., RR. WINDSHIELD - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories
Ah-ha! I think you may be right! I just did a Google search and saw that most of the rear nozzles have a little upside-down "L" piece sticking out of it that would point the fluid downwards onto the window... mines does not have that. It did not have it when I bought the car. I just got this car, used, from a Honda dealership a few weeks ago, maybe a month max. Should I get them to fix the nozzle? Would they do it for free, you think?

Old 05-28-2009, 12:16 AM
theres an updated nozzle, i guess theyre prone to breaking, they should be able to warranty it

Old 05-28-2009, 04:54 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chrysi
Should I get them to fix the nozzle? Would they do it for free, you think?
If you think you might have broken it off when washing the car, then, no; you should pay for it. If you think the car was delivered to you in that condition, then yes, absolutely, they should fix it gratis.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
Hahaha! I'm going to remove mine and squirt the people behind me at red lights.

No, not really it's pretty funny that it missed the window when you tried to use it. The dealer should fix it for free because you just bought the car. I doubt you broke it off washing it.. I've had my car for 2 years i've hand washed and had it washed at a few different places and I've never had any problems with that little piece.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:13 PM
theres a service bulletin on this, 08-033, about broken rear washer nozzles, doesnt matter if you broke it washing your car or what. theres an updated part, good for all 07s, and some 08

Old 05-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Ciggy

No, not really it's pretty funny that it missed the window when you tried to use it. The dealer should fix it for free because you just bought the car. I doubt you broke it off washing it.. I've had my car for 2 years i've hand washed and had it washed at a few different places and I've never had any problems with that little piece.
I think he bought it used.. unless he actually found a new 07

Old 05-28-2009, 09:34 PM
HID Addict
ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLL you just inspired me to do that!!!! aw i wish there was two nozles lol maybe on dry nights ill take it off and spray the mother friggin truckers lol can i use red dye?!!?!? ROOFLLLFLLL

Old 05-28-2009, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rubba Burna
ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLL you just inspired me to do that!!!! aw i wish there was two nozles lol maybe on dry nights ill take it off and spray the mother friggin truckers lol can i use red dye?!!?!? ROOFLLLFLLL
Ha ha you should sup up the motor and it's shoot a couple yards. Go down to popular areas where people hang out on the streets and spray them!

Old 05-30-2009, 02:37 AM
HID Addict
Ha ha you should sup up the motor and it's shoot a couple yards. Go down to popular areas where people hang out on the streets and spray them!
lol im saving this page, that day will come my friend lol

Old 06-04-2009, 02:47 PM

HAHAHAHAHA!!! you guys are too funny! i should've tried that before i got mines fixed! lol

soooo, i ended up talking to the dealership where i bought the car (i just got it at the end of april - it's a used 2007). they were really cool about it. they ordered the little nozzle thing for me and i just went in yesterday to get it replaced. they fixed it and i was out of there within 30-40 mins. no hassles and i didn't have to pay anything! i explained that it was broken when i bought the car (which it was) but someone posted on here that there was a service bulletin about this same issue... so i guess even if i had broken it myself, they still would've fixed it.

anyway, problem solved and the dealership was really nice about it. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!