1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Just got a Fit and couldn't be happier

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Smile Just got a Fit and couldn't be happier

I just traded in my 2004 Dodge Neon for a Fit and couldn't be happier. For a couple weeks, I looked online at the sites of every major affordable car maker, and my eyes kept going back to Honda.com checking out the '09 Fit. I happen to know the GM of one of our local Honda dealerships, so I went down one day and took a look at the red and orange ones but found out I'd need a few thousand down since I have quite a bit of negative equity in my Neon. So I walked out and went home kinda sad, knowing I wouldn't be able to have that much of a down payment for at least a few more weeks.

Then, about a week later, I decided to go out and look at a couple other dealerships. I grew interested in the new Nissan Cube but found out I'd need even MORE of a down payment to get it. I went to Hyundai and test drove something but didn't settle for less than something that would make me happy.

So I went back to that Honda dealership, tried to figure out a way to get into the new Fit I really wanted, then they suggested I try a certified pre-owned 2008 Fit in Vivid Blue Pearl. I test drove it and said "okay, I like it" and was then out the door with it within an hour or so.

Now that I look at comparison photos of the '08 versus '09, I view the differences this way: the earlier model looks like a natural lady who's never had plastic surgery, yet the new model looks like a lady who's been pulled back and "fixed" Joan Rivers-style. I prefer the more natural look, I guess.

It's a total thrill to drive, and I'm determined to keep it clean. I'm excited to find this forum and read all about the car, how great it is and how it can be accessorized and modded.

I'm still in that initial, dreaded "spot delivery" period in which they have up to 15 days to tell me financing could not be secured. It seems that happens most to people who've been given low interest rates; however, mine's pretty high due to my credit and my negative equity, so I'm just crossing my fingers that the only call I get is to go back out and get my green slip so I can go register it.

If they have to take it away, I'll cry. Wish me luck!

Old 05-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Congrats! Sounds like you made a wise choice!

Old 05-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Congrat on your fit

Old 05-19-2009, 09:32 PM
09's are ugly =P

Old 05-19-2009, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
congrats welcome to the gd3 world!

Old 05-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Do you guys find yourselves noticing every little hatchback on the road and trying to figure out if it's another lucky Fit owner or not? I sure have been.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CoryBoyUSA
Now that I look at comparison photos of the '08 versus '09, I view the differences this way: the earlier model looks like a natural lady who's never had plastic surgery, yet the new model looks like a lady who's been pulled back and "fixed" Joan Rivers-style. I prefer the more natural look, I guess.
This is EPIC~

My girlfriend and I laugh sooooo hard~ you cant make any GD3 owners happier~

Massive +Rep for you~

Old 05-20-2009, 03:49 AM
5 Year Member
Hahaha! Nice story. Glad to know you're happy with your Fit.
Welcome to the boards!

Old 05-20-2009, 06:59 AM
5 Year Member

The BEST COMPARISON
100%

Old 05-20-2009, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
hah nice writeup!
and walkomm to fitfreak!

Old 05-31-2009, 12:38 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
It does look like its been poked and stretched unnaturally, good metaphor

Old 06-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Well, I just got a call from the GM at the dealership where I got my Fit back on the 15th, and he said he had bad news and good news for me. First, the bad news was that I'd have to bring my '08 back. The good news was that he is getting me financed for an '09 instead! The interest rate will be considerably lower, resulting in a payment of about $100 less per month, he said. So I'm all for that! I'll be switching from vivid blue pearl to milano red, which had been one of my first two choices originally. So I think it's pretty cool, but now I'll be hanging out on the 2nd Gen board I guess.... Bye everyone.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Guinness
This is EPIC~

My girlfriend and I laugh sooooo hard~ you cant make any GD3 owners happier~

Massive +Rep for you~

but your car doesnt even look like a "normal" GD anymore?

Old 06-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
but your car doesnt even look like a "normal" GD anymore?
I know .... I have the Janice Dickinson version of the car now .... but at least I have ten cupholders and map lights!

Old 06-03-2009, 04:10 PM
Well, I just got a call from the GM at the dealership where I got my Fit back on the 15th, and he said he had bad news and good news for me. First, the bad news was that I'd have to bring my '08 back. The good news was that he is getting me financed for an '09 instead! The interest rate will be considerably lower, resulting in a payment of about $100 less per month, he said. So I'm all for that! I'll be switching from vivid blue pearl to milano red, which had been one of my first two choices originally. So I think it's pretty cool, but now I'll be hanging out on the 2nd Gen board I guess.... Bye everyone.

So you got a red one thats had plastic surgery,eh
Sry couldn't resist.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Firefly
So you got a red one thats had plastic surgery,eh
Sry couldn't resist.
Yeppers. But I can overlook the things I don't like about the '09 model when I notice I'm paying about $150 less per month between the lower payments and cheaper insurance.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:24 PM
I hear ya. Post pix when u can.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Well, congrats on the even newer car. I'm just glad I snapped up one of the last GD3s before they only had GE's. I gaurantee you the salesman was pissed, because markup on the pre-owned is much higher than what he got off the new car. And besides, you got to put the miles on a car that will be someone elses now, and you get to start with a fresh odometer, and no mystery problems from previous owners to worry about.

Oh yea, anything is better than a Neon!

Old 06-03-2009, 07:06 PM
BUT...but...what about the Joan Rivers job..........Can you ever live with yourself.....

Old 06-03-2009, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
didnt fully read what you wrote. only the first sentence. all i gotta say is.......

fit>neon. by far.

Welcome!

I'll be in vegas in june!

Quick Reply: Just got a Fit and couldn't be happier