1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

GPS tracking system?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by goodyonsen
Hey guys sorry for this weird post but i got a question.

my parents ALWAYS seem to know where i am, i catch them following me at least once every two days, and if i ever say im somewhere but im actually somewhere else... they find out and end up grounding me.

so heres my conclusion... they have a GPS tracking system on either my iphone or my car... or they are from the mafia or cia or something.

since it is probably not the latter, here is my question...

if there is a GPS tracking system/device, would it be able to be seen? like in the engine bay, etc., and what would it look like?

it is probably actually something to do with my phone, but hey this is worth a try. im a month away from turning 18, and this is getting EXTREMELY old. i am curently grounded, my parents wont let my purchase anything car related, and my car is NOT EVEN CLOSE from being done by the deadline... friday may 29th.

sorry for the rant, but even a simple comment or idea will do thank you!

There are several systems that use the internet to track your location as often as every 5 minutes and display your progress on a screen they get over the internet. we use it to track nurses in 'unsafe' locations. Cost of the evice is $200 or less and service as low as $15 per month.
Try googling 'vehicle tracking'.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
bump for more stuff

i went to the beach today, when i came home i took a nap in my room but i heard my parents talking... my mom said "i checked the maps today at work and it said he was at the beach"

hahaha damnnn

Old 05-14-2009, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
Wow, your parents really are tacking you. That's scary!

Old 05-15-2009, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member
At least they care. Does it really matter you were at the beach? Didn't seem like they were mad if they only communicated about it. Plus, why didn't you talk to them about your day at the beach? Too much drug use to mention?

(got to think from their perspective too)

Anyways, I think you need to communicate and socialize with your parents

Old 05-15-2009, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member
Yea, just talk to ur parents, maybe ask them that instead of spending the money on tracking device and stuff, maybe use the money for some family fun event or whatever to bridge the gap.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Guinness
Yea, just talk to ur parents, maybe ask them that instead of spending the money on tracking device and stuff, maybe use the money for some family fun event or whatever to bridge the gap.

So so true, but hard when he's doing all this crap, did he cut school yesterday to go to the beach?

Why so much deception?

Old 05-31-2009, 01:01 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Damn dude, I would get the GPS jammer, and set my celly right next to it. I had a customer whose ex-husband was a "smart-home" designer, and would eavesdrop all her cell calls, remotely turn off her car, change the temperature in the house to like 90+, then drop it to lowest AC settings, and all sorts of other crap. The lady paid us to pull her whole car apart and look for ANY non OEM electronics.

That is taking the electronic leash to ridiculous levels. One sure thing, is if they paid for your car, they kinda own you(even though they legally do til you are 18). If they monitor your car usage, and cell usage, and they pay for it, thats your problem and you are spoiled.

If you pay for the car, and the phone, even if it is on their plan, then they shouldn't track you, as you are paying for the car and the service yourself. My family is all teachers, so they didn't even need devices to track me, they would hit up their snitch ass students and get full details of any dirt I ever did. Just don't do things you can't afford to get caught doing if you are under their roof.

AirIQ is a great GPS tracking system. One kid got out of a speeding ticket locally because the GPS in the car verified the kid's story instead of the Cops story. Don't break the law in your car(I can't say shit, I have broken plenty of speed laws before) and you shouldn't have problems. Otherwise, get a job, stack money, move out, and the problem is solved.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
ya stuff is crazy... but i found it out...

my mom bought this package from AT&T called familytrack. it located you wherever you are by your phone number. i think it is pretty expensive. but the funny part is is that it doesn't even work right for my phone, it cant identify where i am. lol

Old 05-31-2009, 03:06 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
You need a LEAD lined Glove Box

Old 05-31-2009, 02:04 PM
At least it sounds like it just triangulates your location. Some motorcycle riders use more precise gps tracking units so their loved ones at home know they're out riding okay and not stranded.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:53 PM
to find out if its in your car or phone tell them ur going to a friends and give ur phone to another friend who will be in another place and drive to another place.

and your parents will ply say the place of ur phone or car

bam! answer found