1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

can it be done - base to sport conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:40 PM
i'd recommend an aftermarket cruise setup.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-...tallation.html

if you're really good, you might be able to wire it up to the stock location by buying the sport reel and steering wheel panel and such. People have had good luck with the aftermarket stuff though.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
That being said the OEM fogs are meant to be a bolt in and run conversion. But they don't work the way they do in the Sport, there isn't a stalk switch, and you don't get the icon on the dash. I'm also not sure if they will self cancel when you activate the high beams like they do on the Sport either.
Yes, yes they do. I spent an frustrating afternoon trying to get them to run independently, but the wiring is too different from the Sport model. I got them to come on any time the headlights were on, but I couldn't turn them off with the fog light switch... Finally just gave up and soldered everything back to the way it was originally. I did swap the switch lights around as the green 'on' light was way to bright at night. It now illuminates the switch itself and the softer blue light is illuminated when the fogs are on.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:48 AM
Banned
???????

This is like when my friend wanted to paint her '85 ram in '07 not only to paint it but change from maroon to white, the thing has almost 200k on it .

Enjoy what you got , mod it , put a better stereo, or at least bass like I did and don't go around bragging that you got a salvage title car (what they don't know wont hurt them)
God bless you and your "new" Fit and good luck .
B.T.W. rotate your tires at every oil change .

P.S. In my neck of the woods 'salvage title' means 'under water' which wont show up immediately but will show up in places you would never expect.
Also in my experience an insurance company wont salvage out a car unless the cost of repair is greater than the cost of recovery which can inevitably lead to serious problems down the road, Sooo only throw enough money into it that you can afford to loose.