1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What was the first upgrade you did to your Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
springs, visors, sway bar..... newest mod is a type r shift boot. Soon to come, wheels.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Daemione
I put a shift knob on first, although that hardly counts. First real upgrade was a new head unit & XM radio. Got some tint done a few weeks ago, it's pretty nice. Finishing the stereo upgrades (components, amp, sub, sound deadening) is first priority.

Really want/need new tires, and a suspension w/ a mild drop is high on the list.
Was reading through this thread again, realized I forgot a few things I've done the past few months . . . although I honestly can't remember what order I put them on. First up is the Beatrush underpanel, and I also upgraded the horn with some FIAMM 74100's. I put on new beam style wipers, I guess that counts as an upgrade. And even though they don't do much other than look pretty, I also stuck on the Honda door sills.

I ordered a 270mm Broadway rear view mirror last night, that'll be a nice upgrade. I don't sit close enough to the factory mirror for it to reflect the entire rear windshield.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:19 AM
floor mats, lights, trim pieces, k&n drop in, exhaust, vanity plate, ipod interface, stormtrooper. that's how it started.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:02 AM
My first mod was CAI.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
order my lowering springs the next day i got my car... then my visors... ~dsk

Old 05-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by Fitguy07
Personally, I haven't done anything yet but may do tint soon. Was just curious of what others considered as the best first upgrade to the Fit?
dead pedal

I'll probably leave the rest alone

Old 05-05-2009, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
well, my "first upgrade" was actually the all season floor mats but i didn't count it as an "upgrade." some people do, i don't. it was the springs and the rsb. that was a real upgrade to the fit.

just be careful, once you start adding stuff to your car, it's kinda hard to stop.... well, in my case anyways

Old 05-05-2009, 03:25 AM
5 Year Member
Oh yeah, the stock horn is embarrassingly tinny - as most Honda horns are. Can't even scare off tricycles with it. Most of us upgraded to louder horns over here.

My first one was a Stebel TM80 Magnum. Unfortunately, an inevitable dip through floodwaters quickly killed them off - they were mounted in the stock horn location.

I got Bosch Windtone horns next, and mounted them higher up the engine bay. So far so good

Old 05-05-2009, 03:58 AM
Originally Posted by Type 100
Oh yeah, the stock horn is embarrassingly tinny - as most Honda horns are. Can't even scare off tricycles with it. Most of us upgraded to louder horns over here.

My first one was a Stebel TM80 Magnum. Unfortunately, an inevitable dip through floodwaters quickly killed them off - they were mounted in the stock horn location.

I got Bosch Windtone horns next, and mounted them higher up the engine bay. So far so good
my boss suggested i hook up one of those train whistle horns that runs off a compressor.

scare the crap out of people.

that's one annoying thing about the fit too, it's so quiet sometimes in parking lots and i'll wait for someone to move out of the way and they won't even know i'm there. a more aggressive horn seems like a good idea

Old 05-06-2009, 11:00 AM
i rolled with just a CAI for a while.......the fun part came next when i added a header, free flow cat, full exhaust, lowering springs, short shifter, carbon fiber shift knob, A/F gauge, and a few cosmetic things all at once. took me a lil less than a day to install everything...... wheels and a supercharger next please!

Old 05-06-2009, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Contrabida Face
well, my "first upgrade" was actually the all season floor mats but i didn't count it as an "upgrade." some people do, i don't. it was the springs and the rsb. that was a real upgrade to the fit.

just be careful, once you start adding stuff to your car, it's kinda hard to stop.... well, in my case anyways
i just had to quote this as a warning to those who haven't started modifying their Fit yet

i've spent close to $3000 on my GD and it's not even half way to where i want it. there are others on this forum who've spent an upwards of $10k and haven't finished yet... there's no bottom to this hole haha

Old 05-06-2009, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
I got the dealer installed tint, so it really doesn't count. It is a necessity in Texas.... An AEM CAI was my first add on. ... I don't dare lower my car due to living a 1/2 mile from pavement and literally drive off road every time I leave the house, but if not for that, I would have done that first thing.... Way off topic, but I have to say that 9 1/2 LB. Enkei RPF 15X7 w/45mm offset wheels and 195-55 Conti Pro Contact tires has made big change in handling, ride comfort, braking, acceleration and wet weather traction.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:22 AM
My first upgrade to my Fit Sport was Window Tint (5% Rear, 35% front) If it wasnt For California Laws I would of done 5% all around lol my second upgrade was adding 2 Subs to the factory stereo (two 12' Kickers Comp)... and also I just replaced the headlight bulbs with Brighter bulbs....Next Mod would most likely be a Stereo, or HIDs

Old 05-08-2009, 05:16 AM
Banned
Lets see ..

First off, as I drove my '07 BOM Fit off the lot I headed straight to the tint shop for 28%front 15%back and side in a charcoal. (Florida Legal)
Next stop was Wal-Mart for the floor mats and the muffler finisher.
After the tint had some time to cure I took my Rockford Fosgate 325.1 amp with the 2 R.F.S1 12" subs to the installer.
Now 3 years later and 25k miles I have a Fujita F5 short ram, an axle back N1 muffler, and a Spoon front tower bar.
Last week I drove to New Orleans and got 42 mpg!!

Old 05-08-2009, 05:27 AM
Banned
forgot something

added a Zeta center console, and fabricated a back deck to cover the amps

Old 05-09-2009, 04:43 AM
Tints, tried aluminum shifter but it sucked, burning hot in summer and ice cold in winter, got the GD3 but put the leather wrapped 09 Fit shift knob on and it's sweet. Konig Foil 17" rims with Nitto NeoGen tires, looks sick and handling and steering has improved radically, haven't found the limit yet in turns and I'm trying, it feels like the tires might just hold until the car rolls over (Highly recommend upgrading/upsizing wheels especially equipped with Nittos!)! Next, plan on getting progress sway bar.

If considering lowering springs I'd read the suspension forum, lots of cats think the dampeners on the Fit don't do so well with factory springs, let alone with lowering springs... And if you upgrade the wheels with 16"x7" or 17"x7" and ~ 40 offset, it looks tight with factory suspension, IMO better than slammed GD3 with factory 15" rims with 55 offset.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:34 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
H&R Sport springs (1.5 drop all around) just right for my road conditions, Red/Smoke LED tails, and Tints. Gotta cover the basic aesthetics so it has subtle differences from every other fit on the road.

Best functional mods - Black Billet Grille has saved my A/C condenser so many times already, and the yellow LaminX fog coating and rubberized undercoating paint on the fog lamp surrounds(doesn't chip). The H&R sport springs actually improved the handling and the ride of the fit, much smoother/less bouncy

Old 05-31-2009, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
Tell more about the rubberized undercoating paint. I need some of that stuff, a brilliant idea.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
Mats, then dead pedal, then cargo tray. Not very impressive I know, but necessary. Got a K&N drop-in on the way. Probably get new tails next.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:12 PM
all-weather mats
disconnected the A/C wire from the HVAC knob, yes that was an upgrade.
K&N drop in, save the clean OEM for when I have to clean the K&N or take it to the dealer
Spring-tensioned the gas pedal

'bout it

Quick Reply: What was the first upgrade you did to your Fit?