1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

News is saying Honda Fit can kill you...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 03:20 PM
^^^^ Love your icon. Top Gear is a great show. However they are thinking of copying that show for America... and American ruin all British shows.

On the topic at hand....

I would much rather be in my Honda Fit than a puny Mini or a Smart Car Fortwo

Old 04-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
The fit turned out the best in all those pics, honestly, no intrusion into the cabin, and the curtain airbags are fully out preventing glass shards from hitting you as much. I would MUCH rather be in the fit than a yaris or smartcar. Honda is all about safety. They even design the front of the cars to be less harmful for when you strike pedestrians. What other car company even thinks of this. But the funny thing is, look up top 10 most dangerous vehicles, and they are almost all GM vehicles. If the fit broadsides a GMC or Chevy truck in the door panels, the people in the fit will be fine, and the people in the big ass truck would be more injured.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kyle is raaddd
too many damn threads about the fit crashing are being made lately.
sheesh.
have you guys not seen car wrecks before?
Yes, true! It is like a feeding frenzy

Remember that a lot of the big ass SUV's are major roll-over people killers.
Drop a wheel off the road on to a soft or sunken shoulder and the center of gravity takes over.....many times not even involving another vehicle!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...ver_647331.htm

Last edited by Tork; 04-25-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
SUV's have the highest single vehicle accident death rate by far, from Rollovers and people being ejected out of the vehicle. I myself have been in a Head-On on the freeway where combined vehicle speed was 110-130mph. It was 2 ford explorers head on on Hwy 50, and not one person had a scratch, just headaches from bouncing off window/pillar/airbag and that burning plastic smell from the airbags stays in your nose for a good week. The best way to survive an accident is to be a defensive driver. I am highly defensive since I ride motorcycles you scan about 5x as much as an ordinary driver and check mirrors more. Every time I have ever been hit, my car wasn't even moving. I have been rear ended a bunch of times sitting at lights, and my parked fit got hit and run last night.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
I think that all vehicles should have swords protruding through the dash and steering columns..... That would surely make better drivers of all but those of us that don't have suicidal tendencies..... Of course the SUV, truck driving crowd thinks that anyone that doesn't have the same taste in vehicles as themselves, has a death wish., I say, make them ride bicycles.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Guinness
Did u notice that when the Camry crash in to the yaris, The Camry's Front is pushed all the way into teh Yari's C-Pillar; whereas the Accord's Front is only pushed up to the a-pillar?

So I guess If you are in a Yaris, u will die on the spot.. whereas if you are in a fit, you either lost ur legs... or suffer a slow and painful death? I guess 50/50 is better than 100% death imo =\
I think you were referring to the Yaris' B-pillar bro. The C-pillar is the one behind the rear door.

But yeah, agreed with you otherwise.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Guinness
Did u notice that when the Camry crash in to the yaris, The Camry's Front is pushed all the way into teh Yari's C-Pillar; whereas the Accord's Front is only pushed up to the a-pillar?

So I guess If you are in a Yaris, u will die on the spot.. whereas if you are in a fit, you either lost ur legs... or suffer a slow and painful death? I guess 50/50 is better than 100% death imo =\
Those pictures are misleading because we only see what happens to the sides of the smaller cars. We aren't seeing the damage to the driver's side corner of the bigger cars because it's obscured by the car's body. They could be just as crumpled.

Regardless, a human being going from 75-0 in a split second is going to get hurt. A lot. Whether your car gets crushed up to the cabin or not. Obviously, you don't want the cabin itself to crush you, but any crumple zone left after that is just gravy.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:32 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
what cant kill you these days?

i approach life with the attitude that you could die at any minute. dont let the fear of dying get in your way of living.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:47 AM
Most often my husband and I travel in his Yaris. I may start offering to drive more!

It is ironic that the small cars are being attacked all of a sudden while the American car companies are in trouble. I wonder who at the Insurance Institute was behind the report.....? Does this mean they're going to start raising our rates?

The more small cars that are on the road, the safer we become. It's time for a paradigm shift.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:17 AM
you'll probably live with all the airbags.... but be pretty bruised up when each of them punches you initially anyway....

any front end collision is bad....

Old 05-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i think we should start taxing fat so that people will be slimmer, lighter, and smaller so they can be more efficient in smaller cars.

also less enertia when crashing. hahaha

Old 05-04-2009, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
I dreamed that my car was infected with Swine flu from a fuel additive.... The C.D.C. instructed me to soak it with gasoline and torch it or thousands of people could die.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I dreamed that my car was infected with Swine flu from a fuel additive.... The C.D.C. instructed me to soak it with gasoline and torch it or thousands of people could die.

I've pretty much accepted the fact that if I do get in a major accident I'm dead. *shrug*

I've had more friends get seriously injured in SUV roll overs than small foreign cars.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Wow.
Imagine how much danger I must be in for on my bike!

Old 05-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by ricohman
Wow.
Imagine how much danger I must be in for on my bike!
News says that if you wear a suit covered in HiDs people will see you on your bike and never hit you!

Old 05-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Its all just a ploy to get dumbasses to go out and buy more SUV's. Probably hoping that they will be American made SUV's

Old 05-05-2009, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
the only thing that i guess kinda 'bothers' me is that the fit here is the the ge8...and it has hondas ace structure.

i wonder how this would have looked like if they had used a gd3?

granted, to add to what everyone has been saying: any frontal with anything bigger than you will not bode well.

someone mentioned older civics and older small cars in general....

and then someone countered with 'we are just talkinga bout the market today'

hmmm..

i still think poster 1 has a valid point.

why?

because people are STILL driving those older small cars on the same roads that new accords and camry's are. the media makes people stupid. small cars are safer than ever and in most typical auto altercations, fare as well as other cars.

the only small fit sized car that i would feel 100% in such as situation would be a vw rabbit because they are tanks.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tofuik
News says that if you wear a suit covered in HiDs people will see you on your bike and never hit you!
Maybe I will wrap myself in bubble wrap first, then then HiD's.
The put warning signs all over the place.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Who was it who died in the Fit?

Old 05-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Skytraveler
Gotta love the news! The gas is $4.00 a gal please start buying smaller more fuel efficent cars. We have to start thinking Green!!

OH wait FORD, GM, CHRYSLER haven't come up with a good small car (Well or a good car period).

Oh crap looks like Honda, Toyota and Scion are kicking everyone's ass. Oh Shit they're out selling us. We need bailout money!!

Ok quick remember that crash that killed the rookie baseball player, there was a FIT involved lets spin that so that we can tell everyone that small cars vs a bigger car will kill them. They'll have to start buying from the big three then!!!

Retards!!

peace,
I read that it was a Mitsubishi he was driving - where did you read it was a Fit??

Quick Reply: News is saying Honda Fit can kill you...