1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Opinion plez.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Opinion plez.....

I was looking at the new Import Tuner May issue and found a great article on the cars in the new Fast and Furious film. I love the 03 Acura NSX and the rims! Hot! So I have been looking for rims but just could not settle on what I wanted. So I really don't hate the OME on my Fit but just wanted white rims. I called a local powder coating shop and the guy is legit and does work for a lot of show and track cars. He said that he would powder coat and clear coat the OME rims and hand paint in black or red the Honda H. I will have to get some of my local car guys to jack the car up and remove the rims plus tires. Then I will be carless for two days. It would cost about $75.00 per rim and he said unless I have an accident or curb the tire it would last for a long time. Opinions and inpute is appreciated.

Cat :x

Here are those hot rims:

Old 03-26-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm not sure what the question was from all that, but there are several people that have powdercoated their OEM wheels. Although for $75 a wheel, you could just about buy new wheels for that price.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
The NSX is one of my favorite cars ever built.

I too have been looking for rims for a while. Thought I found the ones I wanted but now I'm not quite sure. I've seen the pictures of the fits on here and on the web and I also like to OEM wheel but I want a deep dish looking (2 inch lip at least) wheel too.
I'm coming from 18s that were going onto an accord. I want a 16" wheel possibly a 17" wheel.

The problem I find when I'm searching for wheels is that everyone has the same wheels: drags, konigs, volks, rotas, advans,weds, etc etc. I want something different.

I'll keep searching until I find something that is different and deep dish like. Until then the OEM wheel will do just fine.

As far as powder coating your OEM wheels. That's strictly up to you. If you like it go for it. I don't think I've seen the OEM wheel in white yet on this site (i could have missed it). Looks like a decent price to powder coat the wheels, but then again I've never really shopped around to do so. What color is your car?

If and when you get the OEMs powder coated white, please post pics here!

Peace,

Old 03-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
just spray paint it white. you'll get tired of taking care of white in no time...

well, that's just my opinion.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Skytraveler
The NSX is one of my favorite cars ever built.

I too have been looking for rims for a while. Thought I found the ones I wanted but now I'm not quite sure. I've seen the pictures of the fits on here and on the web and I also like to OEM wheel but I want a deep dish looking (2 inch lip at least) wheel too.
I'm coming from 18s that were going onto an accord. I want a 16" wheel possibly a 17" wheel.

The problem I find when I'm searching for wheels is that everyone has the same wheels: drags, konigs, volks, rotas, advans,weds, etc etc. I want something different.

I'll keep searching until I find something that is different and deep dish like. Until then the OEM wheel will do just fine.

As far as powder coating your OEM wheels. That's strictly up to you. If you like it go for it. I don't think I've seen the OEM wheel in white yet on this site (i could have missed it). Looks like a decent price to powder coat the wheels, but then again I've never really shopped around to do so. What color is your car?

If and when you get the OEMs powder coated white, please post pics here!

Peace,
My car is Milano Red so I have always felt the white rims would look sick. The NSX looks so sweet with the white rims and red H. I am like you either you have to get Rotas and I don't like the ones they have in white and this way you have a better rim instead of a cheaper one. Plus I can continue riding on the stockie tires which only have 10,000 miles on them.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
White rims with the red H would definitely look sick as hell on a MR Fit that's for sure. I only have 14,500 on my OEM rims and tires so I'll have plenty of time to search for the rims I want. G/L in your search for your rims!

peace,

Old 03-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Skytraveler
White rims with the red H would definitely look sick as hell on a MR Fit that's for sure. I only have 14,500 on my OEM rims and tires so I'll have plenty of time to search for the rims I want. G/L in your search for your rims!

peace,
That is what I loved about the set up car is sitting on true Honda rims and I am seriously thinking of doing the powder coating. I will have to take some vacation time to get them done and then having them put back on but the local car guys I know should be able to help me out.It will take the guy two days and he will pick them up from me but the car will have to sit on jacks for 2 days.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
$75 a rim seems kinda spendy. I powdercoated the rims on my supra for $40 a piece.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
I'd love to see them powder coated white, but $75 is a lot for that. Do you clean your rims a lot? White is one of those wheels you clean all the time. One trip makes it all dirty hehe.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
nice wheel....but $75 a wheel is pretty high. yuo need to have the wheel stripped first, $7-10 a wheel then powdercoat should be around $35-40 a wheel

Old 03-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
As far as the price goes, i think $75 each isn't too bad. but when you put
in mounting/balancing which can add another $15-25, it can get a little pricy.

and i can almost guarantee that you'll get sick of the white wheel in no time.
just spray paint it and paint it another color next year.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Powdercoating will give you that "OEM Plus" look you are after. I say go for it, you'd be hard pressed to get as nice looking a wheel as the stockers for that price. Plus the use of your OE tires and OE ride quality, no rubbing issues etc. I think the white will look really good. And if you wax them two or three times a year the brake dust will wipe right off! Now if you want to go crazy, get some 09 wheels and powdercoat them white!! Oh snap, now I have another thing on my to-do list grrrrr........

Old 03-30-2009, 08:55 PM
I have a red Fit too, I'm thinking of the same thing but I just dont have the time do it for now. If you decided to powdercoat them white, plz post pics after you done. I think it will look sick

Old 03-31-2009, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
i'm not a big fan of 17 inch rims on the fit (disregard my comment if it is smaller than 17). it might look pretty good. make sure you are lowered on something or its just guna look really weird and raised up a little.