1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Need TPMS Solution

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member
i have a friend who works at honda, he disabled the light for me.. stayed off for a day then came back on

Old 03-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Isn't the spare tire higher pressure than a normal tire?

What happens if you have a flat, then you have four TPMS sensors rolling around.......

It seems that being cheap could come back to bite you here, like when I removed the spare to save weight, then had to call a towtruck.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
There is no easy solution other than either leaving the sensors installed properly, which is there for your safety, or just cover up the icon on the dash. If you replace the sensors, or add a 2nd set to a different set of wheels, to get that 2nd set to work you need to go to the dealer to have the system recognize them, no way around that part of it.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
TPMS is ****ing stupid. I was losing pressure quick from a nail and I didn't know and the shit never ****ing came on. I had a flat the next morning and it never ****ing came on. so **** TPMS, to me it's the dumbest feature they added and almost completely useless.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rod2Rice
There is no easy solution other than either leaving the sensors installed properly, which is there for your safety, or just cover up the icon on the dash. If you replace the sensors, or add a 2nd set to a different set of wheels, to get that 2nd set to work you need to go to the dealer to have the system recognize them, no way around that part of it.
Well, yeah, there is a way around it, but most of us don't have the money to invest in the factory-level access computer...

I picked up a pair of sensors the other day for less than $40. Now what to do with them?

Addendum: My TPMS came in handy in the second week of ownership when I picked up a screw in the right rear tire. Light came on just like it's supposed to. Got it fixed and picked up another screw in the same tire! a week later.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
my tpms has been on since the second week of ownership and i never had low pressure on any of my wheels. recently i put aftermarket wheels/tires on and just left it how it was as i was convinced this was a ridiculous device that never worked from the factory

Old 03-18-2009, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 743 Stunna
my tpms has been on since the second week of ownership and i never had low pressure on any of my wheels. recently i put aftermarket wheels/tires on and just left it how it was as i was convinced this was a ridiculous device that never worked from the factory

The 'government' we have today is the same 'people'.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
I bought a spare honda TPMS sensor from Bernardi Honda, just to see if it would fit in my new wheels and to see if there is a frequency code on them (like $31 ea)
I DO PLAN on using my TPMS in my new wheels. Because the sooner I know a tire is going flat, the sooner I can prevent damage to an expensive after market wheel.

All of mahouts posts are right on! Govt intrusion into your life mandated this and they intentionally made it very difficult to disable. The tape is good.
But if you want to take the dash apart it is pretty easy on GD3 but quite a bit harder on GE8

Old 03-18-2009, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
if the tpms isn't expensive i suggest dive in, but otherwise its unpredictable. like i said, i had a nail and a flat later on and it never came on. and i was losing pressure quick enough to be noticeable.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tork
I bought a spare honda TPMS sensor from Bernardi Honda, just to see if it would fit in my new wheels and to see if there is a frequency code on them (like $31 ea)
I DO PLAN on using my TPMS in my new wheels. Because the sooner I know a tire is going flat, the sooner I can prevent damage to an expensive after market wheel.

All of mahouts posts are right on! Govt intrusion into your life mandated this and they intentionally made it very difficult to disable. The tape is good.
But if you want to take the dash apart it is pretty easy on GD3 but quite a bit harder on GE8
Hey, Tork.

I purchased 4 TPMS sensors for my summer wheels and had them installed. $126.55 TOTAL for the four TPMS sensors from...https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/acco...order_id=71614

The light has not, so far (50 miles) come on, so the swap-out worked.

Plus, FYI, the sensors activate when the wheels start moving by centrificle (centrifugal?) force.

Now, I have a set of Blizzaks on the steelies and my summer shoes on the Del Sol mags.

Cool...I mean Kool!

I need to know what size center caps to buy for these.
Do you know?

Old 04-08-2009, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
I drove around with a flat with low pressure, and drove on a flat mushy tire to move it into my driveway to change the tire. Never came on for me!

Old 04-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Tork

What was the part # for the TPMS Sensors?

Old 04-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cessna
What was the part # for the TPMS Sensors?
My order confirmation...

2008 Honda Fit Base

Thank you!

Products
------------------------------------------------------
4 x SENSOR ASSY., TPMS (WOL 20) () = $104.76
4 x NUT, TPMS VALVE () = $3.68
4 x WASHER, TPMS VALVE () = $2.16
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $110.60
UPS and FedEx (Ground): $11.00
Handling Fee: $4.95
Total: $126.55

Check out this website...Cart Contents Honda Parts at HondaPartsDeals.com: Honda Accessory, Honda Car Parts, Honda Auto Parts, Honda Accord Parts

Old 04-09-2009, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by theloxmyth
Hey, Tork.

I purchased 4 TPMS sensors for my summer wheels and had them installed. $126.55 TOTAL for the four TPMS sensors from...https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/acco...order_id=71614

The light has not, so far (50 miles) come on, so the swap-out worked.
If you did not have the dealer program the system to recognize them, the light will come on eventually. I ran a set of wheels for about a week without sensors before the light came on.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Talking TPMS light goes on and then goes off : )

Originally Posted by Rod2Rice
If you did not have the dealer program the system to recognize them, the light will come on eventually. I ran a set of wheels for about a week without sensors before the light came on.
After installing BRAND NEW TPMS sensors on my mags, the TPMS light DID come on after about 50-100 miles.

After another 50-100 miles, the TPMS light is now OFF!
HApPy, hApPY, jOy, JoY!

I expect that when I switch back to my Blizzaks that the TPMS light will come on again and then go out again.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
I'm seeing more and more TPMS sensors on eBay. A set went for less than $10 a sensor recently, with no bids.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:02 PM
I believe that the only way to not have the problem with the TPMS light is to have a dealer sync them with the car. At a price they deem appropriate. As others here have said, I don't need it I own a good tire gauge. So I disassembled my cluster (using SHG_Mikes excellent DIY) and taped over the LED. Problem solved! At least for me.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:21 AM
I surely want to get rid of TPMS in the fit, it is a true waste of $$$$$ and unnessary. What did people do in the past if they needed air???
I will search for SHG_Mikes DIY, because I want to take out the bulb or take apart the cluster and black out the light with black or clear type tape...thanks, I will search

Old 04-22-2010, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by YA2_user_GD3
if the tpms isn't expensive i suggest dive in, but otherwise its unpredictable. like i said, i had a nail and a flat later on and it never came on. and i was losing pressure quick enough to be noticeable.
The TPMS light does NOT go on if you have a low pressure or a flat. The TPMS light only goes on if you have a failure in the TPMS system. If your pressure is low in a tire, the other low tire pressure light, shaped like the bottom half of a profiled tire, lights up. Maybe you were looking for the TPMS light but the other much less noticeable tire light was already on or the TPMS system had not done it's periodic reading, yet.

The system worked for me twice... in my 08 when I had a screw hole and once in my 09 Fit when the temperature dropped rapidly and the pressure dropped below 28 psi in one tire.

Honda in CT charges $100 to synch the four TPMS sensors. Town Fair Tire in CT charges only $20 for the same service.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
I was actually referring to that light(low pressure). But no the light had came on.

Quick Reply: Need TPMS Solution