1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Greetings from Germany!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by terryb
Very nice Jazz!

Black Amethyst Pearl I see!

What kind of image does the Jazz have in Germany? Here in the UK, most Jazzes are driven by elderly drivers at least in their 60's. I must be one of the youngest Jazz owners at 28 (bought my first one five years ago).
You're kidding. The Jazz is an old person's car??? that sux. It's way too hip for oldie moldies...

Old 05-06-2009, 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by terryb
Very nice Jazz!

Black Amethyst Pearl I see!

What kind of image does the Jazz have in Germany? Here in the UK, most Jazzes are driven by elderly drivers at least in their 60's. I must be one of the youngest Jazz owners at 28 (bought my first one five years ago).
Hi terryb,

I know Tom from another german board and I feel free to answer you.. ;-)
In Germany the most drivers of the Jazz are mummies or elder people like in the UK. The only positive thing is that this people won't be involded in much accidents because they drive slower and this is why the Jazz in Germany has a really cheap insurance..
This is maybe the point why you won't get such nice tuning things in Europe and in Germany we have the TUEV... ^^
The guidelines for cars in Germany are sometimes so really f***ing shitty, that you aren't able to do anything at your car because TUV says no.. (If TUV says no, you haven't any chance) If you'll build anything at your car where the TUV says no and police control this, your registration for your car expires immediately and the police confiscated it.

Last edited by marcello3o3; 05-06-2009 at 02:54 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Gruesse aus Oregon, Tom!

Hallo Tom!
Ich heisse Andreas und wohne seit 1981 in Portland, Oregon. Mein Vater wohnt in Mannheim. Schoen dass es auf dieser Webseite Duetsch-sprachige Leute gibt. Ich versuche so oft wie moeglich mein Deutsch zu ueben. Ausser mit meinem Vater habe ich kaum die Gelegenheit Deutsch zu sprechen. Weil Oregon ist traumhaft, wuensche ich immer dass ich in Deutschland geblieben waere.

Hat dein Jazz 6-Gang Getriebe? Hier in den Staaten gibt es leider nur ein 5-Gang Getriebe! Mit dem 1,5 liter Motor reichen die kurzen 5 Gaenge leider nicht. Ich koennte mir vorstellen dass es Dort auf der Autobahn ein bischen laut waere wenn mann 140 faehrt.
Mein Bruder war neulich auf dem Nuerburgring mit einem M3 und ein Toyota Vitz hat ihn durch die Kurven ueberholt! Wuerde gerne mal sehen wie ein Honda Jazz auf dem "Ring" faehrt...bestimmt besser als ein Vitz!

Ich hoffe oefters mal Deutsch mit Dir zu sprechen, da ich es so oft wie moeglich ueben moechte.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:49 AM
5 Year Member
Hi Tom,

good to have you here. Nice color and nice rims on your Jazz!
I'm from Bavaria and I'm here in the States for 3 years. If tyou need help buying parts, just let me know!

Hallo Tom,

schoen dass du hier bist. Sehr schoene Farbe und nette Felgen auf deinem Jazz.
Ich bin aus Bayern und lebe fuer 3 Jahre in den Staaten. Wenn du Hilfe beim Teilekauf brauchst, melde dich

Greetz

Mela

Old 05-12-2009, 10:41 AM
thank you Mela - your help is welcome

Old 05-12-2009, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
nd welcome aboard.