1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Any Base owners with after market wheels but NO drop?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by j5ive
Not really aftermarket, bu I'm running SiR (Si in the US, let's just say EM1) 7-spoke 15" wheels on an LX (no sport kit) and mud flaps all around.

Blogger won't let me hotlink photos there, so click here to link to my post with photo. The photo was taken just after I installed the wheels, and the car was sitting a bit higher than it is now. But I'll probably be installing lowering springs soon.

How much did they run you? I'm looking for a set, and just curious about what I will pay.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
Not really aftermarket, bu I'm running SiR (Si in the US, let's just say EM1) 7-spoke 15" wheels on an LX (no sport kit) and mud flaps all around.

Blogger won't let me hotlink photos there, so click here to link to my post with photo. The photo was taken just after I installed the wheels, and the car was sitting a bit higher than it is now. But I'll probably be installing lowering springs soon.
Nice. Those are pretty popular here in the Philippines. They're made by Enkei if memory serves. Instead of being OEM on the EM1 (we never got any Civic coupes), over here they were stock on the EK4 Civic SiRs.

Rota makes copies of those too.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by Type 100
Here's mine when I still had my stock rear end and mudflaps. No drop whatsoever. I roll on Rota Circuit 10s, 16x7.0 offset 45, shod with 205/45R16 rubber.

Note: My GD1 Jazz is a little different from your GD3 Fits over there because of the shorter JDM-length front end, but basically the same banana.

Since then, I've traded up to the JDM MMC VTEC rear end. I still run no drop. If you opt not to drop, 16s are a good way to go. Kind of an odd size for tires, but they're the best for looks while maintaining some comfort
this would look so good if you just dropped it

Old 02-13-2009, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by sirfit08
hey... well if your looking for some rims... im running on rota circuit 8s on my base model 08...here some pic hopefully they help you out..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...it_Corolla.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...2/DSCF2732.jpg
Thanks guys! Those both look pretty good.

I'm really leaning towards getting these wheels from Tirerack.com:
TRMotorsport C1 Light Grey Painted
, since tirerack has the easiest package with tires, hub rings, and nuts included. The wheels are nice and light and not breaking the bank.

I'm still gonna look around, especially at Rotas or Drags (Discount Tire). It's gonna take a lot before I click on "submit order" for any wheels, but I'm slowly building up the courage.

As for a drop, I think I will hold off. I bought the car as a daily driver with the intention at that time of building up the '90 Civic Si I had for Auto-X, but I'll be looking for a place of my own soon so I got rid of the second car. I'd love to fix up the Fit and get back into Auto-Xing, but I need to save my money.

I think this summer I'll get wheels and nice tires, a rear sway-bar, and call it quits.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:22 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
I was checking out the TRMotorsports rims at TireRack as well. It's actually a Tire Rack brand (hence the name TR) and I believe the rims are made by Enkei but don't hold me to it. I know they mention MAT technology when discussing how they're made, and as far as I know that is an Enkei feature.

If you get those rims please please please post pics!

Old 02-13-2009, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
Those look clean. I would run without the center caps, and if they are manufactured by Enkei, that's even better.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:54 PM
not too many but im sure there is A LOT more bases on here without suspension work

Old 02-14-2009, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
Any Base owners with after market wheels but NO drop?
I fall under that category but I won't have pictures until spring.... because right now I am using 14" steelie winter wheels

Old 02-14-2009, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kyle is raaddd
this would look so good if you just dropped it
Thanks. In time, in time Can't really spend too much on mods, but I am eyeing Tein Super Compact coilovers just for that. Maybe next year.