1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Ricey FIT?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Honda247

Stickers add HP..... From the looks of this fit i say about 300 HP gain....
That's a K hybrid swap + turbo + nitrous injection. Puts down over 700whp. Totally done up with custom cantilever rear suspensions. etc

Old 02-08-2009, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
Now i see the K engine. Look good with out the stickers tho......

Old 02-08-2009, 10:04 PM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
he has to rep his sponsors lol..the owner of the car is the vp of advertisement for extreme dimensions.. that car is uber opposite of rice .. u should read up on the build ... hardcore !!

Old 02-08-2009, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
yea lol...not rice at all :P Did they get it running again though or just a lost cause?

Old 02-08-2009, 11:30 PM
I think rice is subjective, lol. Personally, I dont like the bling factor on that k24 fit, but damn that's one crazy car and deserves its own merit!

Old 02-09-2009, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
I wont talk s*** about other peoples cars being ricey. I hear it all the time over on Hondatech about my EM2....

Old 02-09-2009, 12:23 AM
When I think of "rice" the first thing that comes to mind is and old Accord or Civic with the only mod being a universal fart can exhaust that doesn't fit the car, with its owner driving around like their hair is on fire. Hell, I know my cars not fast and I don't try to pretend otherwise.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Rice to me is the fartcan exhaust, along with a spoiler too big for the car and put on backwards, with matte black paint. Windows blacked out, big woofers pumping out pimp music. Rear tail lights have been replaced, but are fogged because the installation wasn't professional. Something usually hangs from the rear view mirror. Could be baby shoes, could be a small crack pipe, or random bling. There's usually some body damage on the car somewhere.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Urban Dictionary: rice

RICE

Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. (R.I.C.E.)Parts put on cars to make them look fast, when they have no internal tuning, and are actually slow as hell. Parts usually consist of excessivley angular bodykits, large rear spoilers, neon, sponsor stickers, chrome rims, fake "coffee can" exhaust tips, and loud, annoying paint jobs and/or vynils. Sometimes parts are do-it-yourself installed and are basically duct taped to the car. Most commonly known for being done to Honda Civics, but can also be done to slow domestic vehicles, such as a Chevy Cavalier, etc.
"Yo dog, did you see the Civic that guy was rollin' in? it was so rice."

"This guy's got nothin' under the hood, it's just rice. Smoke him."

"What a riceboy, I bet he thinks his neon adds 50 bhp!"

Old 02-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by Juliane
Rice to me is the fartcan exhaust, along with a spoiler too big for the car and put on backwards, with matte black paint. Windows blacked out, big woofers pumping out pimp music. Rear tail lights have been replaced, but are fogged because the installation wasn't professional. Something usually hangs from the rear view mirror. Could be baby shoes, could be a small crack pipe, or random bling. There's usually some body damage on the car somewhere.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:22 PM
its not about talking shit... there always has to be an oddball if there werent then everything would be too right.. no one would be unique

Old 02-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by VBP08GD3
its not about talking shit... there always has to be an oddball if there werent then everything would be too right.. no one would be unique
True true, ricers are there to give everyone a good laugh and make your car look even better when side by side

Old 02-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Just take a look through the show me your sticker thread

Old 02-14-2009, 03:15 PM
The Sixth Sense bodykit could be conSIdered rice. But it is in fact legit.

Old 02-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Take Two of Me & Don't Call in the Morning
5 Year Member
^^What makes it "legit"?

and about the k24 turbo fit...I don't think show cars count for rice. Especially ones with that much custom one-off work on them

Old 02-14-2009, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
GAHHHHHH! The spoiler. Ouch, I'm dying a little inside. Like a car crash - just can't look away!

Other than that, I can deal with the rest of it. That kit, legit or not, has an awful awful spoiler. The lines of the body kit are sharp, why have a weird curvy fiery spoiler??

I have black painted OEMs with red pinstriping and transformers centercaps. Is that rice?
My exhaust sounds like a fartcan and looks like it, but it's skunk2 50mm with a-spec testpipe and headers and fujita CAI. No knock off or generic parts, reputable stuff. But I still get told I'm a rice burner from friends. (granted they mostly drive domestics/jacked up trucks)
I have some decals but they are mostly under the hood on the top lip of the bumper.
I guess like mentioned above rice is perspective. For us, seeing civics with lambo doors and rusted hinges and fading paint is rice. For the jacked up truck redneck a fit like kelsodeez's or jdmchris' is considered rice, when many of us strive to achieve that level of performance and look. Just all depends who's looking.

I think the only ricey thing so far pictured is the black fit with no bumper and quad exhausts. Yes, I want a muffler for every cylinder. Screw the bumper.
The blue fit with lambo doors - I can look past that since it's VBP (sex) and JDM. And we've already covered why the white fit isn't (at least to us here on the forums)

Old 02-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Kelso I just don't see it as rice. Might be because it's just as expensive as most of the other kits out there. It might look a little crazy, but it's just a different style. I can see a lot of fantasy role-playing people would dig that wing hardcore

Old 02-14-2009, 04:04 PM
iHardpark
Originally Posted by Honda247

Stickers add HP..... From the looks of this fit i say about 300 HP gain....
yea it has alot of stickers but those are called spouncers noob do u know how much power the fit produces like around 700 thats is nothing close to rice those stickers = free parts

Old 02-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
A local guy who owns a Civic Hatch is working on his car and decided to paint his manifold cover with the Japanese flag they are calling it rice. People have different perceptions but I hate that term. I posted up some pictures from our manifold thread and the Honda people on our local forum seemed to like it alot. It is your car do with it what makes you happy and no one elses opinion really matters.

Cat :x

Old 02-15-2009, 04:47 PM
I saw the Couture Fit on a UTI infomercial at 4am. That's where they built that Fit at. Makes me wanna go to UTI now lol. The host guy called the Fit 'exotic' I was like wtf

Quick Reply: Ricey FIT?