1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

05 Honda Fit - Newbie questions!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 06:54 AM
05 Honda Fit - Newbie questions!

Hey all,

My other half has a 2005 1.3L petrol automatic Honda Fit - it looks exactly like the one in the fitfreak.net banner at the top of the page actually!! - but I've a few questions about the car if I may:

1. I actually found this site by searching for a guide to replacing the headlight bulbs with a set of new H4 Philips Xtreme Power ones. From what I can see in the DIY section, I'll have to jack the car up which is a problem as I don't HAVE a jack at the moment. Someone else mentioned you can do it by just turning the wheel in. Has anyone tried it successfully?

2. Being a jap import, the built-in stereo is tuned to Japanese frequencies. Can this be returned (either by the owner or a dealer), or will she have to get it replaced entirely? She's really missing her radio!

3. What's the recommended oil for these cars? I myself have a 2.0 TDI Passat that's kinda fussy about what it likes, so just thought I'd ask the question for the Fit

4. Is there anywhere online we can get an owners manual for this car?

5. I need to get a new petrol cap for the car, as she drove off with it on the roof a few months back. Will an Irish/Jazz one fit this car?

Thanks in advance for any advice....

Last edited by kaiser2000; 02-08-2009 at 06:57 AM.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
To answer question one, I've actually done it without jacking the car. As long as you know where the pins and stuff is, I don't think jacking it is 100% necessary, but it does help a lot.

As for the radio what exactly are Jap frequencies? I mean if you just manually tune it to a station that exists in your area it should work, no?

Old 02-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by YA2_user_GD3
To answer question one, I've actually done it without jacking the car. As long as you know where the pins and stuff is, I don't think jacking it is 100% necessary, but it does help a lot.

As for the radio what exactly are Jap frequencies? I mean if you just manually tune it to a station that exists in your area it should work, no?
Cheers for the reply

No, unfortunately the radio only tunes between 76-90 MHz on FM, whereas Ireland uses the 87-108 Mhz range, hence the problem

Old 02-08-2009, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kaiser2000
Hey all,

My other half has a 2005 1.3L petrol automatic Honda Fit - it looks exactly like the one in the fitfreak.net banner at the top of the page actually!! - but I've a few questions about the car if I may:

1. I actually found this site by searching for a guide to replacing the headlight bulbs with a set of new H4 Philips Xtreme Power ones. From what I can see in the DIY section, I'll have to jack the car up which is a problem as I don't HAVE a jack at the moment. Someone else mentioned you can do it by just turning the wheel in. Has anyone tried it successfully?

2. Being a jap import, the built-in stereo is tuned to Japanese frequencies. Can this be returned (either by the owner or a dealer), or will she have to get it replaced entirely? She's really missing her radio!

3. What's the recommended oil for these cars? I myself have a 2.0 TDI Passat that's kinda fussy about what it likes, so just thought I'd ask the question for the Fit

4. Is there anywhere online we can get an owners manual for this car?

5. I need to get a new petrol cap for the car, as she drove off with it on the roof a few months back. Will an Irish/Jazz one fit this car?

Thanks in advance for any advice....

The gas cap for the Element seems to be the same.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Cheers for the reply

No, unfortunately the radio only tunes between 76-90 MHz on FM, whereas Ireland uses the 87-108 Mhz range, hence the problem
I think you will have to get another stereo, I don't see how that can be rectified without replacement. Interesting problem!

For the owner's manual, you can try ebay UK, there are probably some floating around over there. The new ones here are about $150, I think, but we've only had the Fit for 3 years.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Hey all,

he/she has a mugen fit??!!
picz plz

Old 02-09-2009, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
I changed the headlight bulbs a few weeks ago. Yeah you can just turn the wheel, but i have relatively small hands. So i guess it depends. But the splash guard cut up my forearms from messing around with the clip for so long. Its kind of a pain to get out. LOL. But it can be done =].

Old 02-09-2009, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
I run the exact same car, a 2005 GD1 Honda Jazz 1.3 twin-spark. You'll need the jack only if you've lowered the ride height on the car.

If you've kept stock ride height, all you need is to turn the wheels to the opposite of the side you want the headlights replaced, i.e. turn the wheel all the way to the RIGHT if you're replacing the H4s on the LEFT.

If your arms are thick or you're a little clunky around tight spots, you might want to look into a jack, or even bumper removal.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
I wonder if the USDM stereo would work...hrmmm. we are 79-107.9??