1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Your Opinon on the Following Armrest

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Your Opinon on the Following Armrest

Hey guys-

I was just b

Last edited by supaumar; 11-19-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member
I have one, and its not half bad. Stores a lot of stuff, even more then the JDM Armrest Center Console. Itll match perfectly, if you have full black interior, rather then the beige interior. The silver strip matches the gauge/audio/shift lever, color trims.

The best thing I like about it is that it has a sowed in liner on the inside keeping things from rattling. I got the JDM armrest eventually, cuz I'm picky, wanted a take out cupholder up front, sliding armrest, and two extra instead of one in the back.

Its awesome though. Made me really think about getting leather interior over times.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I don't have either but for the cost it looks like a pretty nice set up and appears to match the interior of your car pretty well. It just depends on whether you want to stay with a JDM themed Fit or go with this. I have to say I have several Mugen parts on my car and try to stay with that but I have also gotten generic items and put on the car when I thought they were cool and looked pretty nice. It is definitely up to you to do what you want with your car and as long as it makes you happy that is all that really matters -

Cat :x

Old 12-26-2008, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
i'd get the jdm center console over it.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Id much rather have the JDM one which im doing after coilovers and LSD

Old 12-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Haaaaaapenis!
5 Year Member
I just got the jdm armrest and i love it..i think the best part is the sliding lid so u can actually rest ur arm on it..otherwise its just tucked between the seats and cant rest any more than ur elbow on it....or maybe im just short..haha!

Old 12-26-2008, 01:36 PM
e-bay armrest

Hi Guys
I Have the armreat shown ,Got it frome-bay about 6 mths. ago and love it.I used velcro to help secure it to the existing center con. behind hand brake,It doesn't budge.Also you can offer less then the $109 when you buy.I got mine for $80 + $20 shipping also I got the black with black stripe.Hope this helps
Jim rb66

Old 12-26-2008, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
you dont even need velcro on the bottom of it. It sits over the original console, and snug between the seats.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:40 PM
armrest

Hi
I didn't put the velcro on the bottom,I put it on the l&R sides so the armrest wouldn't rock forward if I leaned on it.
Jimrb66

Old 12-27-2008, 03:43 AM
hey not bad and the silver accents the silver on the radio

Old 12-27-2008, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
You can't give rep because you don't have any power yet. But I repped you. You click on that little scales symbol next to the post number on the right side of the person's message that you want to rep. A drop-down window will appear and you click on "I approve of this post." That's it~!

Old 12-27-2008, 04:29 PM
I just got a JDM center console for my 07 at... and the hole for the shift base is ROUND, not oval, so the darned thing doesn't fit... now I have to screw up the courage to try and hand-cut the plastic... (oh yeah, that'll look just great... maybe then I can smear peanut butter on the carpeting.)
It's Saturday late afternoon, so I haven't been able to talk to the guys at Evasive yet, but I'm starting to think that I either have to go with cutting my $200 part, or get the smaller "drop-in" armrest. (I'll just skip the peanut butter mod for now.)

Old 12-27-2008, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by barisaxfreak
I just got a JDM center console for my 07 at... and the hole for the shift base is ROUND, not oval, so the darned thing doesn't fit... now I have to screw up the courage to try and hand-cut the plastic... (oh yeah, that'll look just great... maybe then I can smear peanut butter on the carpeting.)
It's Saturday late afternoon, so I haven't been able to talk to the guys at Evasive yet, but I'm starting to think that I either have to go with cutting my $200 part, or get the smaller "drop-in" armrest. (I'll just skip the peanut butter mod for now.)
If it were me, I'd return it. Every time I try to "fix" something I bought that doesn't quite work, I break it or ruin it and then I'm totally out the money instead of just the shipping to return it. If it doesn't work, send it back intact.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Yeah... I hear you.
In order to look at the exact dimensions I might have to cut, I took off the silver shifter base -- the piece which has "P" "N" "D" etc. on it... then I realized that another option I have is to simply use a shifter boot in its place. It wouldn't be much of a loss, especially since "P" "N" and "D" are displayed on the dashboard too. And it would DEFINITELY look better than the whole hand-cut, peanut-butter thing.
The only potential problem with that is that this is an AT, and I don't want to be accused of having "MT" envy. (I got AT for my wife... and kids.) Heh heh...
More pondering...

Old 12-27-2008, 07:07 PM
I have a Zeta nonfolding armrest that I had in the car for 5 months. Worked beautifully, never had any issues with it whatsoever. Comes with 4 screws (you need a LONG magnetic Philips head to install this). Selling because I got around to installing JDM center console yesterday. Zeta is selling it for $80 + shipping on their website:
Storage Armrest. Made To Fit 07-08 Honda Fit - FIT-N

I'll sell it to anyone here for $60 shipped. I'll post a pic tomorrow to show no signs of wear on the leather top

Old 12-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by barisaxfreak
Do you have a base with automatic trans? It says it doesnt Fit base autos.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:57 AM
damn whats the difference between the base and sport in auto transmission?

Old 12-29-2008, 03:22 AM
anyone tested it out? try sitting on it to see if it cracks

Old 12-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Wow. I hope the JDM console will correctly fit my 2008 Sport Auto??

Old 12-29-2008, 09:22 PM
JDM armrest -- round vs. oval

I can't vouch for any other car than what I've got: 2007 base A.T.
On my car, the silver plastic disk through which the shift lever sticks, is oval... it is longer fore and aft than it is wide (left to right).
The hole in the JDM armrest that I received is round (other JDM armrests might be different -- who knows).
My oval plastic disk doesn't fit into the round hole.

I'll post the photos I took after I give the vendor a chance to look at them... I do not want to say anything more than that until I give them a chance to tell me that somehow I ordered the wrong part or some other explanation...

Quick Reply: Your Opinon on the Following Armrest