1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Most bang for the $ performance upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by SFactor2
REP for the post only!!

i only tell the truth

i don't believe that people should be rewarded for "doing the right thing"
but i will try to point out all the liars/people who post crap that don't know the truth

naughty kids need to spanked!!
did you intend to neg rep me? if not you

also summing up this thread=

someone really needs to close this thread

Old 01-11-2009, 11:37 AM
then let this be the last post...

Originally Posted by Gbaby2089
did you intend to neg rep me? if not you

also summing up this thread=

someone really needs to close this thread
I'm the OP... the dead pedal came. Its nice but I think I'm done modding my car

Old 01-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
Originally Posted by Koi
Wow, where did this SFactor2 troll come from? He's like solbrothers on crack, except solbrothers is actually likable in a way. Shouldn't you stick to posting on the public forums of edmunds or caranddriver or something, at least until you learn how to compose a proper sentence?
i am the cure to cancers like u
just like chemo, u may feel a little icky but thats the price to pay for removing the tumors
why do u hate something reputable like c and d?

Old 01-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
Originally Posted by TurboManGT
He negative repped me too just because he didn't agree with me
that's what u did lmfao
what do u think neg rep is for? u must be..........

Old 01-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Koi
Long story short, what I said summarized is that there's no point in people trying to DISPROVE or explain how the BTC doesn't do anything, etc, in this thread. As I said, there's threads already out there dealing solely about the BTC that have already discussed exactly what mahout has been posting about. There is no need to keep posting negative "reviews" of the BTC here - if you think it's bunk, fine, just keep it to yourself, state your opinion once, and know that there's already threads on this forum that present that side of the argument. No need to funk up this thread with some kind of anti-BTC zeal.
u r doing exactly that, but funking it up with pro BTC zeal

Old 01-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Koi
Here's the thing though. While you're trying to prove the ineffectiveness of the TC, the EXACT same things you've said have already been discussed in multiple threads on FitFreak months ago. There's always going to be people like you who are looking to improve HP or whatever at exorbitant costs for not much in return (you're not going to get much out of this car without FI, end of discussion), and there's always people like me who want to improve the daily driving performance of what is a very slow and sluggish car. Performance is relative to what the car is being used for and the person driving it ("the manner in which or the efficiency with which something reacts or fulfills its intended purpose"), and from what you can infer from all the positive reviews of the TC, this mod does improve the performance of the car. If you don't agree with the majority reaction to the TC, and think the technical workings of the TC are pointless, then okay - just keep it to yourself and know that there's plenty of people who have already discussed the TC in it's pros and cons in much more detail than you probably can.

There are people who want to prove that a mod is not worth the money, and there are those who actually have the mod and think it was worth the money. So what are you trying to prove? Just by reading the threads on the BTC, anyone should be able to form an opinion regarding whether or not the purchase is worth it or not. There are plenty of people on this forum (and those who don't visit this forum, including those who have BTC for non-Fit cars) who believe the TC is a great mod that is worth every dollar - regardless of all the whining people have to do about how it's the "same as stepping harder on the throttle".

Frankly, it's quite idiotic for anyone to claim how there's no HP/TQ/etc increase when Blitz explicitly says there is no improvement in those areas. If we buy the TC fully knowing this, why would we be arguing how those areas of performance were increased? The only people who are going to be disappointed are those who don't know how to read and buy anything that they think will give them more HP and other e-peen numbers.

And if you want to think about the price - it's still relatively cheap compared to most items out there from quality companies. If someone thinks Volks racing wheels are a good performance mod for the money, then hey - you can get the TC for the cost of one wheel. If someone thinks a catback with ~3-4hp increase is a good bang for the money, then you can get the TC for $100-200 less than that, and without exorbitant shipping rates. And really, what is $400 to people modding their cars - even a highschooler working parttime at minimum wage can afford it in a month, don't bother asking me about the budget of people who are spending $3k+ on FI and $1k+ on wheels etc.

Nobody is arguing that the TC is "more" worth it than a new set of tires, or a set of coilovers, or etc etc etc. The only thing anyone is saying regarding the TC is that it is a good mod, period. Buy it if you want, get something else you want better handling, get this or that for whatever else you want that the TC doesn't fulfill. As you said, let the reader decide - not someone who thinks that well-received "cute" mods can't help a vehicle's economy or performance (my MPG has actually gone UP from using the TC - I only have my own results, but that's enough for me - I'm not trying to prove a point that was never brought up by BTC in the first place). There's enough info out there for him to make a decision on his own without your watchdog-complex in protecting him from spending money on a "cute" mod.
u r so hilarious
r u a spokesman for the TC?
u r telling ppl to stop talking about the TC, but at the same time u r telling them how great it is
why r u telling ppl to buy the TC?
u keep talking about the TC in such a positive light then in the same thread u tell ppl to stop talking about it?
how come every time u tell somebody to stop posting about the TC u throw in an ad for the TC too?
of course ppl who bought the TC only has praise for it....ppl who don't like it just wouldn't have bought it in the first place (the vast majority of ppl by a long shot....i'm guessing over 99% of fit owners DO NOT have a TC)
it's like asking how many ppl who have read the bible or koran has had neg rep 4 it? of course anybody willing/wanting to read such things were already followers to begin with
your reasoning is based on false logic (actually no logic...just pure emotion)
the thread was about performance PER dollar NOT absolute dollars so the TC gets a ZERO for a performance/dollar ratio which is infinitely smaller than the performance/dollar ratio of a light weight rim such as volks no matter how much they cost because they have a non-zero performance rating

TC is not a performance mod so u can't compare it to volks but u can compare it to say an asimo keychain doll which by your reasoning is a better "performance" mod because a high school kid could afford 1
u r a joke

Last edited by SFactor2; 01-24-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Banned
can a mod/admin please LOCK THIS THREAD!!!!!!!! and PERMA-BAN SFactor2!!!!!

Old 01-24-2009, 10:01 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
A little late there SFactor2.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
LOL. sfactor got banned.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Haha sux for him

Old 01-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
About time, I can't even make out what he's saying most of the time. Isn't this his 2nd time getting banned? SFactor and SFactor2... what's next, SFactor3? Maybe give up on this forum and stick to yahoo answers?

Old 01-24-2009, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
LOL yeah. dude was a douche, never had anything nice to say. He negative repped me, and i didnt even negative rep him back because i felt bad for him. His mama probably didnt love him enough.LOL

Old 01-24-2009, 11:55 PM
I returned the negative rep he gave me. Just because I didn't say tires lol

Old 01-25-2009, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mozarwasagenius
I'm low on funds so I'd say $100 Thanks

On an 08 the most bang for the buck is to deactivate the front antisway bar to greatly reduce the enormous understeer on your Fit. Thats deactivate, not remove, by tying up the ends to the inner fender.
Best thing is its free.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Banned
neg repping someone who neg repped u = sore loser!!!

Old 01-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by mahout
On an 08 the most bang for the buck is to deactivate the front antisway bar to greatly reduce the enormous understeer on your Fit. Thats deactivate, not remove, by tying up the ends to the inner fender.
Best thing is its free.
if u r going to deactivate for daily driving and not just 4 auto x then might as well remove it and the endlinks for weight reduction (sprung and unsprung weight)

Old 01-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by SFactor3
neg repping someone who neg repped u = sore loser!!!
Or I'm just a big enough asshole to stoop to your level

Old 01-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Welcome back SFactor3. Third time's the charm huh?

Old 01-25-2009, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
LOL. wow!......

Old 02-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Hi guys,

does changing air intake...presumming open pod or CAI delievers 5hp?? n if that's the case, the 5hp gain only suface during high end rev right?

how abt the following product http://www.electricsupercharger.com/

Personnelly, i;ve never used or try it b4 and totally neutral abt it.

just posting up for reviews by anyone who has tried it.

Quick Reply: Most bang for the $ performance upgrade