1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Most bang for the $ performance upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 02:16 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitcapo
Long story short, what I said summarized is that there's no point in people trying to DISPROVE or explain how the BTC doesn't do anything, etc, in this thread. As I said, there's threads already out there dealing solely about the BTC that have already discussed exactly what mahout has been posting about. There is no need to keep posting negative "reviews" of the BTC here - if you think it's bunk, fine, just keep it to yourself, state your opinion once, and know that there's already threads on this forum that present that side of the argument. No need to funk up this thread with some kind of anti-BTC zeal.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Koi
Long story short, what I said summarized is that there's no point in people trying to DISPROVE or explain how the BTC doesn't do anything, etc, in this thread. As I said, there's threads already out there dealing solely about the BTC that have already discussed exactly what mahout has been posting about. There is no need to keep posting negative "reviews" of the BTC here - if you think it's bunk, fine, just keep it to yourself, state your opinion once, and know that there's already threads on this forum that present that side of the argument. No need to funk up this thread with some kind of anti-BTC zeal.

Sorry, but when its bunk, it needs to be advertised. Keeping it to yourself is the same as encourafging fraud. You must be trying to be elected to Congress. Or in IL politics.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:59 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Keep at it buddy, but I don't think anyone is listening. If you want to "advertise" how it's bunk, go do it in the BTC thread.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
Save your money on Gas to buy a car with forced induction such as Sti/Evo or the 2009 WRX... or go crazy forced induction K20.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:58 PM
Banned
I am startled this discussion still has legs. What was the question?

Old 01-01-2009, 01:32 AM
- R compound tires...
- Nitrous (Wet kit!)...

Suspention and brake mods won't go far without sticky tires... Not so much can be extirped on a L15 without a truckload of money! The motor will take a 50 Shot without problem, i only would install a tranny cooler and Syntec Oil\Fluid!!

Marko!!

P.S. I love that ''BTC is a piece of shit.... ....but i don't know why??'' thing!! hahaha

Old 01-01-2009, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
Short Shift Kit - changes driving completely

Intake and muffler - slightly bumps all around power

lowering springs - reduces scary freeway wind pushing and lessens body roll

not in any particular order. But i'd prolly go from the bottom to the top.

as far as the TC goes, it's nice but for poor people like me, 400 can go towards many other mods that increase the visual factor as well!! but if u got the cash do it NOW!

Old 01-01-2009, 03:36 AM
Originally Posted by VBP08GD3
why are you interested in performance with a car that is supposed to save gas... thats like getting a lowest trim EG and not doing an engine swap

Perhaps we like the fit and would prefer it over something else? Whats wrong with wanting to squeak out some more oomph in a straight line or some better cornering on your favorite car?

Old 01-01-2009, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Koi
Keep at it buddy, but I don't think anyone is listening. If you want to "advertise" how it's bunk, go do it in the BTC thread.

The BTC is a con at $400, bud. Thats all that needs to be said and why right where posters ask. You won't have a financial interest in the BTC would you?

Old 01-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Banned
haha the OP just bought a dead pedal, i say just do whatever will make the car the best place for you to be if you want straight line speed FI or swap, if you want to attack the canyons tires, and coilovers, just do whatever fits your driving style is best

PS sadly i repped that SFactor guy, didn't read all his posts just his first 1 or 2, sorry yall i think the TC is a waste go wit springs or tires for your $400

Old 01-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Do you have some sort of grudge towards the BTC?

I have, or rather had, a problem with your sliming up a thread with off topic theorizing. You're not protecting anyone from anything bud - you might think your credentials and auto experience somehow give you a heads up over what other people think on this forum, but right now all you're doing is making a fool of yourself. If you think you have to take on the burden of disproving the BTC, go do it in the BTC thread. The only thing needed in this thread from you was "no, don't get the BTC. I hear it doesn't do anything."

I'm not the one who was multi-posting regarding theories and ideas on how the BTC doesn't do anything (ideas that have already been hammered out in multiple BTC threads on this very forum), in a thread that was for bringing up "x for $" products that people think are worth it for the Fit.

But hey, at least I did my research before buying the BTC and I still had my doubts about it when purchasing it - guess how I feel about my purchase now? Guess how most BTC owners, and all who have chimed in to this forum regarding their experience with it, feel about the product? The only person I've ever heard about on this forum who isn't happy with the BTC is this "embarrassed" customer of yours - who, if he is actually real, didn't read the thing about how the BTC doesn't increase HP/tq/etc and quite like an idiot expected power gains from it.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
By the way, in case any mods are looking, perhaps it's about time to lock this thread? The internet is serious business and I don't think anything productive is going to come from what is an already finished thread. I'm sure this has looked quite silly so far.

Mahout, if there's any more light you'd like to shed on the BTC, let's see it in the BTC thread, or start a new thread where you can specifically enlighten us about the BTC. You can have your own opinion regarding it, and you're obviously not the first to feel that way about it - there's plenty of people who share the same thoughts regarding how it works. But there are plenty of people who actually shelled out $400 of our hard earned cash and are quite happy with what it does, so if you really feel the need to prove that the BTC is a con, then let's see the discussion where it belongs.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
Originally Posted by Gbaby2089
haha the OP just bought a dead pedal, i say just do whatever will make the car the best place for you to be if you want straight line speed FI or swap, if you want to attack the canyons tires, and coilovers, just do whatever fits your driving style is best

PS sadly i repped that SFactor guy, didn't read all his posts just his first 1 or 2, sorry yall i think the TC is a waste go wit springs or tires for your $400
REP for the post only!!

i only tell the truth

i don't believe that people should be rewarded for "doing the right thing"
but i will try to point out all the liars/people who post crap that don't know the truth

naughty kids need to spanked!!

Old 01-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
Originally Posted by Koi
By the way, in case any mods are looking, perhaps it's about time to lock this thread? The internet is serious business and I don't think anything productive is going to come from what is an already finished thread. I'm sure this has looked quite silly so far.

Mahout, if there's any more light you'd like to shed on the BTC, let's see it in the BTC thread, or start a new thread where you can specifically enlighten us about the BTC. You can have your own opinion regarding it, and you're obviously not the first to feel that way about it - there's plenty of people who share the same thoughts regarding how it works. But there are plenty of people who actually shelled out $400 of our hard earned cash and are quite happy with what it does, so if you really feel the need to prove that the BTC is a con, then let's see the discussion where it belongs.
hmmmm why r u talking about the BTC???

anything BTC related DOES NOT BELONG IN A "PERFORMANCE" thread 'cause the BTC is NOT A PERFORMANCE UPGRADE
it merely changes the "feeling" of the throttle
the BTC is akin to a shifter knob or a tint job

Old 01-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Gbaby2089

don't feel sad
i have shown u the light
sorry that i was the 1 that told u santa doesn't exist (not really sorry)
wish to get plugged back into the matrix?

Old 01-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
Short Shift Kit - changes driving completely

Intake and muffler - slightly bumps all around power

lowering springs - reduces scary freeway wind pushing and lessens body roll

not in any particular order. But i'd prolly go from the bottom to the top.

as far as the TC goes, it's nice but for poor people like me, 400 can go towards many other mods that increase the visual factor as well!! but if u got the cash do it NOW!
where do tires fit in?
they r THE most dramatic performance(and safety!!) mod (except maybe in positive acceleration...<tires slow a car NOT the brakes>)

Last edited by SFactor2; 01-02-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Koi
when 1 person tries to encourage others to buy the BTC in a PERFORMANCE thread, hopefully 10 people try to squash the original poser...i mean poster (that's assuming there's only a 1:10 dumbass ratio)

Old 01-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Blitz has some people brainwashed, so they can lighten up their wallets for a better power/weight ratio

Old 01-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Wow, where did this SFactor2 troll come from? He's like solbrothers on crack, except solbrothers is actually likable in a way. Shouldn't you stick to posting on the public forums of edmunds or caranddriver or something, at least until you learn how to compose a proper sentence?

Old 01-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Well, i won't comment on the BTC because i never tried one by myself but SFactor2 is right on something he (or she?) said... Tires make the most dramatic changes on a car in every way possible... Even in acceleration, exept if the wheels\tires combo are heavier then stock!!

-Power is nothing without traction... Unless spinning tires is your thing!
-Handling is nothing without grip... Unless unwanted sliding is your thing!
-Big fancy brakes are nothing without grip... Unless locking the wheels are your thing...

Marko!!

Quick Reply: Most bang for the $ performance upgrade