1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Most bang for the $ performance upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 07:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jeimusu86
okay i noticed a lot of ppl are hating on the blitz tc, and im not a rep for blitz tc either, but this mod is for acceleration response not for HP increase or 1/4 mile times, the acceleration response in the fit is very slow, and when ur on the freeway trying to change lanes, even with a heavy foot ur throttle will not open 100%, u can try stomping on it and see for urself looking at ur scan gauge, with the blitz throttle controller ur acceleration response is increased 4 times, and u can see an improvement when ur cruising and need to get up to speed to change lanes, with DBW there will always be lag and u cant change it with heavy shoes, its the embedded DBW programming within the ECU, u can clearly see it within the throttle characteristic in their chart within the SP2 mode

Just as predicted the 'controller' merely tells the throttle plate to open more than the stock accelerator position. At low speeds the rate of change is greater; at high speeds less so.
All that does is increase the air flow so that you get more air 9and fuel) flow at a lower accelerator position. The rate of increase falls off as you approach full throttle plate opening so both stock and 'controller' arrive at full open at the same time.
If you like going faster with less accelerator position go for it. But it really doesn't offer a thing for performance. I seriously doubt if the change in throttle plate opening rate has any measureable effect on acceleration at low speeds and may hurt at high speeds. An engine's acceleration is more limited by how fast it can change mechanical motions than increase air intake. All engines carb or FI accelerate slower than the throttle plate opens. Thats the reason fuel systems inject extra fuel on sudden throttle openings; otherwise the mixture would get too lean causing less power when its needed.
Its cute but no cigar. At $50 it mih=ght be fun but at $400 thats better spent on 4 better tires and a wheel too.

Last edited by mahout; 12-29-2008 at 07:47 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:17 PM
let's not start this ^ again. We had a whole thread on why we put performance parts on our Fit. Why does it matter? I've seen hooked up Odysseys before. Hondas are notorious for customization. There is no other company more provided for with aftermarket parts than HONDA

Old 12-29-2008, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
let's not start this ^ again. We had a whole thread on why we put performance parts on our Fit. Why does it matter? I've seen hooked up Odysseys before. Hondas are notorious for customization. There is no other company more provided for with aftermarket parts than HONDA

It is also a responsibility to let others know of 'mods' that offer nothing but costing money. This 'controller' thing is one of them.
the customers who come into our place only want mods that help - economy or performance - seldomcuteness.
And we feel a responsibility to inform. our advice is not always taken but then we owe nothing and they owe nothing.
A good discussion, even disagreement, merely offers both sides of the issue; let the readers decide.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
best performance for the $$$...get a FI kit..HKS I seen it for 2796 with free shipping..some rc injectors and and a cat delete...rasie the boost a nice tune and u will be making around 170 or maybe more 8)

Old 12-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mahout
It is also a responsibility to let others know of 'mods' that offer nothing but costing money. This 'controller' thing is one of them.
the customers who come into our place only want mods that help - economy or performance - seldomcuteness.
And we feel a responsibility to inform. our advice is not always taken but then we owe nothing and they owe nothing.
A good discussion, even disagreement, merely offers both sides of the issue; let the readers decide.
Here's the thing though. While you're trying to prove the ineffectiveness of the TC, the EXACT same things you've said have already been discussed in multiple threads on FitFreak months ago. There's always going to be people like you who are looking to improve HP or whatever at exorbitant costs for not much in return (you're not going to get much out of this car without FI, end of discussion), and there's always people like me who want to improve the daily driving performance of what is a very slow and sluggish car. Performance is relative to what the car is being used for and the person driving it ("the manner in which or the efficiency with which something reacts or fulfills its intended purpose"), and from what you can infer from all the positive reviews of the TC, this mod does improve the performance of the car. If you don't agree with the majority reaction to the TC, and think the technical workings of the TC are pointless, then okay - just keep it to yourself and know that there's plenty of people who have already discussed the TC in it's pros and cons in much more detail than you probably can.

There are people who want to prove that a mod is not worth the money, and there are those who actually have the mod and think it was worth the money. So what are you trying to prove? Just by reading the threads on the BTC, anyone should be able to form an opinion regarding whether or not the purchase is worth it or not. There are plenty of people on this forum (and those who don't visit this forum, including those who have BTC for non-Fit cars) who believe the TC is a great mod that is worth every dollar - regardless of all the whining people have to do about how it's the "same as stepping harder on the throttle".

Frankly, it's quite idiotic for anyone to claim how there's no HP/TQ/etc increase when Blitz explicitly says there is no improvement in those areas. If we buy the TC fully knowing this, why would we be arguing how those areas of performance were increased? The only people who are going to be disappointed are those who don't know how to read and buy anything that they think will give them more HP and other e-peen numbers.

And if you want to think about the price - it's still relatively cheap compared to most items out there from quality companies. If someone thinks Volks racing wheels are a good performance mod for the money, then hey - you can get the TC for the cost of one wheel. If someone thinks a catback with ~3-4hp increase is a good bang for the money, then you can get the TC for $100-200 less than that, and without exorbitant shipping rates. And really, what is $400 to people modding their cars - even a highschooler working parttime at minimum wage can afford it in a month, don't bother asking me about the budget of people who are spending $3k+ on FI and $1k+ on wheels etc.

Nobody is arguing that the TC is "more" worth it than a new set of tires, or a set of coilovers, or etc etc etc. The only thing anyone is saying regarding the TC is that it is a good mod, period. Buy it if you want, get something else you want better handling, get this or that for whatever else you want that the TC doesn't fulfill. As you said, let the reader decide - not someone who thinks that well-received "cute" mods can't help a vehicle's economy or performance (my MPG has actually gone UP from using the TC - I only have my own results, but that's enough for me - I'm not trying to prove a point that was never brought up by BTC in the first place). There's enough info out there for him to make a decision on his own without your watchdog-complex in protecting him from spending money on a "cute" mod.

Old 12-30-2008, 03:04 AM
yeah it doesnt make power, but it puts it in the right place

Old 12-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Take Two of Me & Don't Call in the Morning
5 Year Member
lol i got negative repped by SFactor2 ahhahaha ....his comment?

u don't have a clue what hp is
Who ever said that the BTC increases horsepower? In all the BTC threads I don't think I've ever seen someone claim that the car got an increase in HP or TQ lol

Old 12-30-2008, 10:38 AM
... I have so say one thing here are reading that really really long post. If all reviews are positive on a product and there really are no negative reviews can you really call it a non biased review. A product is never perfect and more times then not the 1 person that complained about the product vs. the 1 million that praised is actually talking some truth. I am in no way saying that this is the case for the Blitz TC. I have no personal interest in the product I have not looked into it at all. All I am trying to say is you can't have a true review until you have heard reviews or feedback from both sides so to say that if everybody says the products is good you should keep your bad feedback out of it then that is just wrong.

Just my .02 cents on this whole argument you guys have created.

BTW the OP has already decided his most bang for the buck was a dead pedal....

Old 12-30-2008, 10:44 AM
Good point!!! Out of all the people who OWN the BTC, show me one bad review??

Old 12-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by DrKelso
lol i got negative repped by SFactor2 ahhahaha ....his comment?

Who ever said that the BTC increases horsepower? In all the BTC threads I don't think I've ever seen someone claim that the car got an increase in HP or TQ lol
He negative repped me too just because he didn't agree with me

Old 12-30-2008, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitcapo
... I have so say one thing here are reading that really really long post. If all reviews are positive on a product and there really are no negative reviews can you really call it a non biased review. A product is never perfect and more times then not the 1 person that complained about the product vs. the 1 million that praised is actually talking some truth. I am in no way saying that this is the case for the Blitz TC. I have no personal interest in the product I have not looked into it at all. All I am trying to say is you can't have a true review until you have heard reviews or feedback from both sides so to say that if everybody says the products is good you should keep your bad feedback out of it then that is just wrong.

Just my .02 cents on this whole argument you guys have created.

BTW the OP has already decided his most bang for the buck was a dead pedal....
LOL. yeah he just ended up getting a dead pedal. HAHA. And i agree with you about the positive and negative reviews. But the thing is, all of the positive reviews are from owners of the TC. All the negative reviews are from people who do not own the TC or have ever tried it, coincidence?. Not having any experience with the TC makes their review completely invalid. And than theres the people who keep ranting about no HP even though no body has ever said anything about HP and Blitz even states that theres no HP gain. They just always want to talk about HP, iono? LOL!

Old 12-30-2008, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by VBP08GD3
why are you interested in performance with a car that is supposed to save gas... thats like getting a lowest trim EG and not doing an engine swap

ha ha! what do you think a lower trim eg hatch was built to do? SAVE GAS!

Sorry, that was just to easy, had to call you out on it.

as far at the blitz t/c goes, i think everyone has made valid points, but nothing so terrible as to neg rep them over.

i guess unless you can prove that the car accelerates faster compared to stock using instrumented testing, it would be easier to rule its usefulness.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Koi
Here's the thing though. While you're trying to prove the ineffectiveness of the TC, the EXACT same things you've said have already been discussed in multiple threads on FitFreak months ago. There's always going to be people like you who are looking to improve HP or whatever at exorbitant costs for not much in return (you're not going to get much out of this car without FI, end of discussion), and there's always people like me who want to improve the daily driving performance of what is a very slow and sluggish car. Performance is relative to what the car is being used for and the person driving it ("the manner in which or the efficiency with which something reacts or fulfills its intended purpose"), and from what you can infer from all the positive reviews of the TC, this mod does improve the performance of the car. If you don't agree with the majority reaction to the TC, and think the technical workings of the TC are pointless, then okay - just keep it to yourself and know that there's plenty of people who have already discussed the TC in it's pros and cons in much more detail than you probably can.

There are people who want to prove that a mod is not worth the money, and there are those who actually have the mod and think it was worth the money. So what are you trying to prove? Just by reading the threads on the BTC, anyone should be able to form an opinion regarding whether or not the purchase is worth it or not. There are plenty of people on this forum (and those who don't visit this forum, including those who have BTC for non-Fit cars) who believe the TC is a great mod that is worth every dollar - regardless of all the whining people have to do about how it's the "same as stepping harder on the throttle".

Frankly, it's quite idiotic for anyone to claim how there's no HP/TQ/etc increase when Blitz explicitly says there is no improvement in those areas. If we buy the TC fully knowing this, why would we be arguing how those areas of performance were increased? The only people who are going to be disappointed are those who don't know how to read and buy anything that they think will give them more HP and other e-peen numbers.

And if you want to think about the price - it's still relatively cheap compared to most items out there from quality companies. If someone thinks Volks racing wheels are a good performance mod for the money, then hey - you can get the TC for the cost of one wheel. If someone thinks a catback with ~3-4hp increase is a good bang for the money, then you can get the TC for $100-200 less than that, and without exorbitant shipping rates. And really, what is $400 to people modding their cars - even a highschooler working parttime at minimum wage can afford it in a month, don't bother asking me about the budget of people who are spending $3k+ on FI and $1k+ on wheels etc.

Nobody is arguing that the TC is "more" worth it than a new set of tires, or a set of coilovers, or etc etc etc. The only thing anyone is saying regarding the TC is that it is a good mod, period. Buy it if you want, get something else you want better handling, get this or that for whatever else you want that the TC doesn't fulfill. As you said, let the reader decide - not someone who thinks that well-received "cute" mods can't help a vehicle's economy or performance (my MPG has actually gone UP from using the TC - I only have my own results, but that's enough for me - I'm not trying to prove a point that was never brought up by BTC in the first place). There's enough info out there for him to make a decision on his own without your watchdog-complex in protecting him from spending money on a "cute" mod.

Those of us with technical credentials to evaluate a 'mod' are obligated to do so to protect those not knowledgable enough to know better. Try submitting the TC to the SAE (Society iof Automotive Engineers) and see how far you get. And $400 is a huge outlay of cash to get nothing more than the TC does. That's worthless.
PT Barnum was right. But that doesn't mean we should let him get away with it. It comes under the legal term of 'puffery' but that doesn't make it honest, just not against the law.
One of the reasons our business prospered is due to customers knew we would advise them well and if they chose to ignore so be it. But the next time they didn't ignore. Makes for the best customer/garage relationship.
We can do no less here.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mozarwasagenius
Due to limited funds, I decided to get a dead pedal I'll keep you posted
haha, after so much back and forth from everybody this just made my day. That is fantastic! I have heard lots of good things about the dead pedal, everybody I know who has one has been pretty happy.

My bang-for-buck vote would still be for a stiffer set of performance springs.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:06 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
LOL@ the OP buying a dead pedal. all that bickering for nothing!

Old 12-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
LOL@ the OP buying a dead pedal. all that bickering for nothing!
I know. I feel kinda bad with the all the commotion I started.... but I don't have *that* much money to spend. It is pretty funny though.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mozarwasagenius
I know. I feel kinda bad with the all the commotion I started.... but I don't have *that* much money to spend. It is pretty funny though.
LOL! i hope we kept you entertained

Old 12-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
how off topic can one thread get? anyhoo, best bang for buck on almost any car is Intake. you get maybe 5hp, and better fuel mileage if you can manage to keep your foot off the gas to hear the sporty snort it makes. You can make an intake for the fit for like 40 bux. but $100 bux is better spent on some JDM LED tails. I think the smoke/red tails are the biggest aesthetic improvement for the fit. And spend another 5 bux on black spray paint for your fog housings, and make your fog lights independant. You can have 3 mods for 100 bux

Old 12-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope
how off topic can one thread get? anyhoo, best bang for buck on almost any car is Intake. you get maybe 5hp, and better fuel mileage if you can manage to keep your foot off the gas to hear the sporty snort it makes. You can make an intake for the fit for like 40 bux. but $100 bux is better spent on some JDM LED tails. I think the smoke/red tails are the biggest aesthetic improvement for the fit. And spend another 5 bux on black spray paint for your fog housings, and make your fog lights independant. You can have 3 mods for 100 bux
where can you get some real JDM tails for less then $100?

Old 12-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
get the DEPO, they sure as hell aren't USDM

Quick Reply: Most bang for the $ performance upgrade