1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Most bang for the $ performance upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Get an MT

I would say Blitz throttle controller is the best. It'll run a little under $400 but read the reviews and you should be sold.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
Save your money and buy a 1st gen Miata, a turbo kit and scare the crap out of the V8 crowd.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mozarwasagenius
I'm toying with the idea for some upgrades as I'm really enjoying my Sport AT What would some of you say is the most bang for the buck? By performance I mean "driving" (handling, power, fuel economy, etc) Thanks

Tires, 205/50x15 or 205/45x16 performance tires
wheels, 15x7/42 min offset or 16x7/42 min
deactivate antisway bar (Fit understeers way too much.
replace rear shocks with AirFilts MA811
lowering 1"
intake system

Notice no antisway bars are listed. haven't found one yet that improves lap times with above. Done.
in that order. Top is most for money, last is least for money.

Last edited by mahout; 12-19-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
tires

hmmmm tires tires tires!!!!!!
max performance or r compounds will blow your mind

Old 12-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
dumbest way to spend cash

I would say Blitz throttle controller is the best. It'll run a little under $400 but read the reviews and you should be sold.[/quote]
only "tricks" you into thinking it's faster, it only changes the throttle position/pedal position ratio...i.e flooring it would give u the same results
NO HP OR TQ GAINS
biggest ripoff ever

Old 12-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Banned
I'm low on funds so I'd say $100 Thanks
Take out the windshield. It will feel faster for sure.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:29 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SFactor2
only "tricks" you into thinking it's faster, it only changes the throttle position/pedal position ratio...i.e flooring it would give u the same results
NO HP OR TQ GAINS
biggest ripoff ever
Don't bother listening to morons like this guy. I have I/H/E and the only thing that's made a big difference in the overall feel of the car is the Blitz TC. Regardless of what people argue about what it does or can do, the feeling of what seems like an increase in the pep and power of the car is more than worth the money.

Only bother listening to him if you're one of those guys who gets a hardon from finding out that there's exactly 3 more hp available to you after spending $200+ on a cheesy bolt on, or ~5hp from a $500+ catback system. If you like driving your car without getting stiff willies from thinking about the minimal gains to be had with this car and modding, then try to find someone who has the Blitz TC to try it yourself. Pretty much guaranteed you'll be satisfied.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Koi
Don't bother listening to morons like this guy. I have I/H/E and the only thing that's made a big difference in the overall feel of the car is the Blitz TC. Regardless of what people argue about what it does or can do, the feeling of what seems like an increase in the pep and power of the car is more than worth the money.

Only bother listening to him if you're one of those guys who gets a hardon from finding out that there's exactly 3 more hp available to you after spending $200+ on a cheesy bolt on, or ~5hp from a $500+ catback system. If you like driving your car without getting stiff willies from thinking about the minimal gains to be had with this car and modding, then try to find someone who has the Blitz TC to try it yourself. Pretty much guaranteed you'll be satisfied.
HAHAAH.willie.... but yeah i have the blitz TC too, and it really is the only mod that i've felt the most performance, out of all the bolt-ons. And yes blitz DOES advertise that there is no HP and tq gain but its all about the response. The TC definetly makes more out of your bolt-ons. i/h/e+blitz TC is the best you can do before doing a swap or going boosted. unless you decide to do some detailed engine work, but thats another story.

Last edited by AnlDyxp_GD3; 12-22-2008 at 02:39 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:31 AM
5 Year Member
I'm toying with the idea for some upgrades as I'm really enjoying my Sport AT What would some of you say is the most bang for the buck? By performance I mean "driving" (handling, power, fuel economy, etc) Thanks
Tires, no question. You can get a set of excellent Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2's (real tires my man) in the OEM size for $122 apiece.

Next would be coilovers.

I guess I don't get why people spend money on this car for speed. It is well-documented you get nothing from bolt-ons for Fits except maybe worse gas mileage. Wonder what the mileage reduction is from a throttle controller? If you want to accelerate fast get a fast car, the Fit ain't it - unless you want to spend big money on turbo/sc.

I'd concentrate on what this car does well, handle. You'll increase your fun quotient by buckets, improve safety and not necessarily sacrifice mpg.

But that's just me, each to his (her) own.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit_Dr
Tires, no question. You can get a set of excellent Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2's (real tires my man) in the OEM size for $122 apiece.

Next would be coilovers.

I guess I don't get why people spend money on this car for speed. It is well-documented you get nothing from bolt-ons for Fits except maybe worse gas mileage. Wonder what the mileage reduction is from a throttle controller? If you want to accelerate fast get a fast car, the Fit ain't it - unless you want to spend big money on turbo/sc.

I'd concentrate on what this car does well, handle. You'll increase your fun quotient by buckets, improve safety and not necessarily sacrifice mpg.

But that's just me, each to his (her) own.
you do have a point with the suspension. But we all know how slow the Fit is, adding the TC for a little acceleration doesnt hurt, because we all want it, without having to go FI or drastically mod the car and make it a bit less reliable DD(having to run 91 also). But its not neccesarily to make it "FAST" because its not. LOL. and with the TC i get about 30mpg still. which is kinda weird because i usually only get about 31 before i got the TC, so i never got "great" gas mileage. but like you said, to each their own

Old 12-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Koi

don't listen to this moron
he's making fun of people with bolt ons but he himself has them
the TC will not increase power or give better numbers in any respect

if u want and i quote "feeling of what seems like an increase ......"
and i can't over emphasize the word "feeling"....just drill a few holes in the exhaust for free...it will give u the "feeling of what seems" to be speed, or just stick your head out the window ...it will "seem" like u r going 200mph

Old 12-22-2008, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
don't listen to this moron
he's making fun of people with bolt ons but he himself has them
the TC will not increase power or give better numbers in any respect

if u want and i quote "feeling of what seems like an increase ......"
and i can't over emphasize the word "feeling"....just drill a few holes in the exhaust for free...it will give u the "feeling of what seems" to be speed, or just stick your head out the window ...it will "seem" like u r going 200mph
actually the TC doesnt make you feel like you're going faster. You actually are going faster. Bolt-ons are what makes you "feel" like your going faster, aka butt dyno. But if you're accelerating with the TC off, than press the on button, you WILL feel that punch.. trust! it sounds like youve never tried one before, you really should.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Hmmm....

After reading this thread, I still have not seen anyone post Dyno results.
I think that as far as performance, your best bet is to get a fast car or build one such as the EK9 w/Turbo or Supercharger and call it a day. The fit was built with the engine 1.5L L15A to be a gas saver, I personally think that if the Fit was lite, it will give you better MPG. If you want to sacrifice MPG then Supercharge your car. In the end you will have a car that will go fast.

Now if you really want to have fun and spend YOUR money anyways, start with the tires, suspension, sway bar...to your liking. You'll end up with a nice looking Gas Saver rather than spending a lot of money on bolt ons that trully will not make or feel that you are going fast. Swaping to a K20 will be your best bang for the $$$$$$$!!

Oh...by the way...whatever you end up doing PLEASE........don't rice out your car.

Last edited by rreyes99; 12-22-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Steal an rsx type S and swap the motor into the fit ! its the best bang for the buck!

Old 12-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
actually the TC doesnt make you feel like you're going faster. You actually are going faster. Bolt-ons are what makes you "feel" like your going faster, aka butt dyno. But if you're accelerating with the TC off, than press the on button, you WILL feel that punch.. trust! it sounds like youve never tried one before, you really should.
u have no f'n idea what a TC does
u will only feel the acceleration because u r not flooring it...pushing the button just gives u WOT
try again when u r flooring it then press the button
wonder why there is NO DYNO #'s ...it's because there IS NO difference!!!

the economy is kinda bad right now so go out and buy your grounding kit, fuel magnet and TC (u better be using race gas because of all that extra power) using all the money u earned in the pyramid scheme and stimulate the economy for the rest of us

Old 12-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Banned
No dyno.....all crap. No 0-60, no 0-100.....all crap.

Old 12-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Banned
don't even need a dyno....try to understand what it's supposed to do.....IT IS NOT DESIGNED TO MAKE YOUR CAR FASTER...PERIOD.....IT IS ONLY THERE TO INCREASE THROTTLE SENSITIVITY ......JUST STEP ON THE GAS MORE FOR THE SAME EFFECT

Old 12-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Banned
Wow, I look forward to seeing this space age technology used in F1 and the WRC. Really odd that Honda has not included it in their iffy car line. Honda really needs to get with the plan, or they will be like GM and Chrysler.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
seriously, a throttle controller is very FTW, why else do BMW M5s/M3s and other sports car have normal/sport modes that modify the throttle response? The added response gives you the edge you need for quicker exit speeds, heel-toe speed, etc. Try one before you bag on one.

But imo low on cash i'd get some springs. Improves the look, reduces roll, and makes the car more confident in corners. ooh and slightly less "windy freeway blow-you-aways"... hahaha

Old 12-25-2008, 05:32 AM
5 Year Member
u have no f'n idea what a TC does
u will only feel the acceleration because u r not flooring it...pushing the button just gives u WOT
try again when u r flooring it then press the button
wonder why there is NO DYNO #'s ...it's because there IS NO difference!!!

the economy is kinda bad right now so go out and buy your grounding kit, fuel magnet and TC (u better be using race gas because of all that extra power) using all the money u earned in the pyramid scheme and stimulate the economy for the rest of us
no flooring it will not give you WOT. the ecu will not allow it. By tweaking the ecu with the TC lets you get WOT. LOL. what are you ranting about? Blitz even states that there is no HP or torque increase. You should really get your hands on one of the TC's and try it out for yourself, that way you can give us a real opinion. To me an opinion with no first hand is Not really an opinion. LOL

Quick Reply: Most bang for the $ performance upgrade