1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

RSX seats in a Fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
I was just talking to my buddy about this today. He has the rsx type-s and I love his seats. Would love to see pics.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
I gotta confess that I didnt take many pictures of the drivers side install because I got really caught up in it, but i will post what pictures I have tonight. I will have a buddy of mine document the passenger side install.
Thank you for your patience!

Old 03-24-2011, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
Yea I wanna do this on my 09 ge ! I hope it's plug and play with mine too!!!!! But damn these are hard to find the right way. Wink wink !

Old 04-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Sooo im about two weeks late on this (busy busy busy), but I finally got around to digging up the old pics and took some new ones of what the seat looks like in the car. I did get carried away with the fabricating and stopped taking pics for a while so they are not detailed, but hopefully you get the idea.

Comparison of RSX and Fit seat: (you can't tell in the pictures but the sensors for the seat and airbag are a direct plug in)

The brackets had to be cut off both seats. After that, it took a little bit of fabrication and a lot of hammer time in order to make the brackets off of the Fit fit onto the rails on the RSX.

After test fitting it in the car, my brother welded the brackets onto the rails. Then we just hooked up the sensors, and bolted the seats in.

Here are some pictures of what the seats look like in the car:

Overall, the install wasn't too bad. The seatbelts plug right in, there is no airbag light. I know the welds are strong, not only because my brother knows what he is doing but because I was in a front end collision after I put the seats in and there are no stress indicators or damage to the seat. It does sit slightly higher, maybe an inch to a half inch, but I like it. The seats are very comfortable. I was never a big fan of the stock Fit seats, the cushion wore down to where i could feel the rail (i'm 6' and 215lbs). I chose the RSX seats because they are leather and I am able to retain a side airbag. My first choice were S2000 seats, but they are very expensive.

I will be taking more detailed pics for the passenger side install, for anybody that may want to do this to their Fit. I hope the pics helped.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator
I am interested to see what u did as far as the passinger side

Old 04-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by MNfit
I am interested to see what u did as far as the passinger side
I'll definitely be taking more pictures. They are basically the same thing, although i think that the brackets are different.
Hopefully I will have them in next Friday.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
U know what , the cloth seats off of the 05-06 rsx type s model are more comfortable than those ( no offense) but I'm going to try to get a hold of a par and install it in mine !! My biggest problem is making sure it's plug and play for the airbag and seat belts !!! But if u say it's plug and play then it should be !!

Old 04-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by jdmjunkie561
U know what , the cloth seats off of the 05-06 rsx type s model are more comfortable than those ( no offense) but I'm going to try to get a hold of a par and install it in mine !! My biggest problem is making sure it's plug and play for the airbag and seat belts !!! But if u say it's plug and play then it should be !!
None taken I know for a fact that it is plug and play for the GD, I am not too sure about the GE Fit though. You should double check that, just compare the plugs for the airbag and sensor on the bottom of both seats. I will put up pictures of the bottom of the RSX seat tomorrow night to compare to

Old 04-06-2011, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
very good looking! thumbs up!

too bad they sit higher and they're not lighter...
kudos for remaining safe