1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

RSX seats in a Fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by redrumm
you can get em for around $500.
for a pair?:conf used:

Old 12-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Retired Moderator
My dad just bought a 05 RSX TypeS, man the seats are really really nice. I think all the TypeS's have the leather, my dads are leather.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:05 PM
^^Could I ask a huge favor of you? Can you look at the floor contour on the RSX and tell me how far off of the Fit it is? I can see in the E-bay pictures that the seat rails are asymetrical, I'm just not sure if that would be a deal breaker or not. I've also thought that the RSX seat could be fitted to the stock Fit seat rail. Redrumm, I hear what you are saying about aftermarket seats, my biggest concern is keeping the side airbags functional. Yes I understand they are of only limited value in a collision with a much bigger vehicle but I don't want to spend up to a thousand dollars on aftermarket seats that don't even give me the option of airbags. That, and I think it would be really cool to be the first guy to put heated RSX seats in a Fit... Anyways, Tool if you could look at your Dads floor in comparison to your Fit (maybe even post some pics?) I would be forever in your debt. I'm gonna go to Carmax this weekend and try to get in one also.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
Another issue is the compability of the sensors. The Fit has SRS sensors in the back of the seats which detect if the occupant is leaning out the window. I can't imagine the RSX not having this Honda-patented feature but the two implementations may not be compatible. The computer in the SRS may simply turn itself off if it doesn't detect a compatible set of sensors rendering the whole SRS inoperable.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Thats an interesting point that I hadn't considered. I was sort of hoping that the two airbags would be largely compatible, with only a minor cut and splice of the two harnesses necessary. Further research is required on my part obviously.... I think I'm going to make this my winter project, what the hell I'm not getting any body work done on the Caddy while its thirty degrees outside anyhow....

Old 09-09-2010, 02:18 PM
So its been almost two years and I finally got a great deal on a pair of black leather RSX Seats ($300, but had to drive 3 hours to pick them up :P). My brother and i took off the stock passenger seat and it looks like they will fit with some modification. From what i understand right now, the bracket that holds the tracks is welded on to the rails on the Fit. These welds need to be broken and re-welded onto the rsx tracks. Also the seatbelt assembly needs to be swapped from the fit to the RSX seats because the fits seatbelts are attached directly to the seats. All the plugs and sensors on the bottom are the same and no CEL go off once everything is hooked up. I only did a mock up swap without bolting anything down, but this is a pretty easy install.
Difinitely for people who want a more comfortable sporty seat without having to give up the airbags. I'm probly going to start on this either this weekend or the next. Ill take lots of picture and do my best to write up a DIY on it. I CANT WAIT!!!

Old 09-09-2010, 07:12 PM
You sir are the man! It was worth the wait just to see that the sensors basically plug in. If you don't mind saying,where did you go to get them? Was it the place in south central PA that runs on E-bay all the time? The thought had crossed my mind that you could save a TON of money on shipping by going to get the buggers. LKQ is the name of the place I'm thinking of BTW....

Old 09-09-2010, 11:13 PM
nice

very nice!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by FitStir
It sounds like you would need to do some rail modification for them to work, but not sure.

I like how the leather RSX seats look, and also the adjustability (some are heated, I like that too!!!), but I've never sat in them for extended driving so not sure how comfortable they would be (as mentioned above).

What I'm noticing is that some people get the Mugen leather seat covers (only avail on the GD3's at the moment), and they look hot!!! I've seen them on japanparts, or jdmland for around $1200 or so. Others overseas are getting custom leather upholstery which looks very similiar to the Mugen ones.
Here's a pic from the GE8 forum from this thread https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...zz-fit-rs.html

You can also check https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...at-covers.html but I believe those are the knock offs. They still look good.

Getting a custom upholstery shop to do this, or even the Mugen covers will definitely cost more than the RSX seat swap, but atleast it will match front and rear seats, and even door panels (if you get them done too).

I was actually thinking of getting the Webasto Seat Vent system, and then getting them custom upholstered with the same leather as above, depending on the $$$$... https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...on-system.html

Old 09-09-2010, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
Just to clear it up. All Type-S' have leather. The base model had cloth. In 05-06 they upgraded the base model seats, the look really nice.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
You sir are the man! It was worth the wait just to see that the sensors basically plug in. If you don't mind saying,where did you go to get them? Was it the place in south central PA that runs on E-bay all the time? The thought had crossed my mind that you could save a TON of money on shipping by going to get the buggers. LKQ is the name of the place I'm thinking of BTW....

Hahaha yeah it was definitely a relief to see that all the sensors plugged in. I did see some good deals on LKQ that were just a hair above my limit but i didnt go with them because i could never get in touch with one of their customer service reps so that i could get more pictures. The guy i bought them from posted the ad on craigslist and i happened to stumble on it one day and i immediately jumped on them

Old 09-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Please keep us updated as the project goes forward, I can't tell you how many times I've nearly pulled the trigger on doing this but stopped, not sure if the sensors and such would work. Some detailed pics or explanations of getting the two seats rails to work together would be hugely appreciated as well. I have a friend in the salvage biz, keeping his eyes peeled for a set of decent seats for me as we speak!

Old 01-23-2011, 04:55 PM
so do the rsx seats fit because i found good deal on them and about to pick them up tomorrow, would like to know if they fit before installing?

Old 01-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Hey guys sorry for the hold up. I was able to put the drivers side in but it takes a lot of fabricating.

After taking the seat off there are the four corners that are bolted to the floor that need to be cut off the Fit's seat then shaved, hammered, then welded on to the RSX seats in order to make them fit. The tricky part is getting them to line up the the four holes on the floor of the Fit.

If you have access to a shop or have someone to do it for you then this is a great project and looks great and feels great (especially on my behind :P lol).

Old 01-24-2011, 08:52 PM
In for pics! What did you do with the airbags? Now I'm all fired up about this again....

Old 01-26-2011, 09:34 AM
All the plugs for the airbags and sensors were a direct plug in. Ill be posting pictures up of the drivers side install, but i got so caught up in it that i didnt take pictures about halfway through. For the passsenger side i will be sure to have someone taking pics for me

Old 01-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Hot Dog! There goes my mad money down the drain. Gotta start looking for them seats again LOL

Old 01-28-2011, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
I think they would fit with rail modifications. I had them in my civic and they were very comfortable...

Old 01-29-2011, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator
Cool, post up some pics. I'm loving my Type-R seat, unfortantly the seat doesn't have side airbags so I have a light on.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
Update with any photo?

Old 03-15-2011, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
^ Yea! Get on it!

Quick Reply: RSX seats in a Fit