Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Finally, After Two Years!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Finally, After Two Years!

Background first – I've been driving around my '92 Legend coupe that I absolutely love to death for two years now. The car has its quirks, no working A/C is one of them. I've wanted a Fit since they came out in the States which has been almost as long as I've been driving. I eat, sleep, and breath Fits. Rinse and repeat.

So the story goes ..... Tomorrow is my 18th birthday and I leave the 14th for UGA (GO DAWGS!!!!). I really wasn't expecting much for my birthday because 1) I hadn't asked for anything and 2) I'm moving into a dorm so I've been getting things like a mini fridge, bedding, yada yada. So yesterday my dad tells me that we are going to a car show today on the military base outside of Macon. He tells me to make sure to set my alarm for 6:00 so we can get there early because it's a 2 ½ – 3 hour drive there and I had to work at 5:00 in the afternoon today.

So we arrive in Macon after a few hours of riding in my dad's 4th gen. Maxima talking about cars the whole way there. We are going through the middle of town and Dad tells me he needs to make a pit stop first. He pulls in to Hughes Honda and says to me “These guys told me they had an Taffeta White '09 Fit.” I gave him a sidelong look and said he knew that the '09s wouldn't be in the dealerships until at least September ( I talk to him about Fits all the time so he should be an expert by now). We got out of the car and Dad asks one of the sales people for a specific salesperson (he didn't want to be in any pictures, so I'm sure he doesn't want to be named either, for all intents and purposes, we'll call him Bob), well Bob comes around and introduces himself and my dad says to me “Okay, well the bad news is: you aren't seeing any NSX's today.”

Bob looks to me and points at a nasty old Buick and tells me that it was the one that my father wanted to purchase for me. After seeing the confused look on my face, he said “ Oh, well ..... I think we might have another one that might suit you better. Follow me.” So we follow him to the back of the dealership and sitting in one of the bays all cleaned up was a VBP 5spd Fit Sport. “Not as grandma-ish as that other one, eh?” Oh Bob, if only you knew how many grandmas I see driving Fits. But I told him no, not grandma-ish at all. So anyways, they told me it was mine and then I was superexcited (one word) and then Dad started filling out the paperwork which was surprisingly short because he had already dealt with them over the phone and had done his financing through USAA already. After all the paperwork was done, we went and got gas in the little Fitski and then ate at Sonny's BBQ for lunch. Soooooo, the moral of the story is I am a very fortunate kid to have such loving parents and I can't stress enough how grateful I am and how much I love my parents.

I placed an order right when we got home for some Weathertech floorliners and hopefully I will be able to get a set for the rear when they become available in the next few weeks. Windows should be getting tinted between now and Thursday. I haven't decided on whether to go 35% all around, 35% front 20% rear, or maybe even 20% all around. The one thing I really found myself missing on the drive back was a center armrest, so I'll opt for the JDM one eventually. The one major item on my list are coilovers (Enduratechs), but I'm not quite sure if I should be spending all my money right now. I've got a few things I want to do to the exterior after coils (JDM tails, paint headlights black, maybe a cf duckbill) but that will be pretty much it for exterior mods. I also want to pick up a Mishimoto intake, T1R b-pipe, and T1R 50s V2 muffler, but that stuff can come later (probably next summer).

I've included some pictures and in two of them you can see the Buick that Bob tried to convince me was mine.

At the dealership:

They had to do a dealer trade for this one, so it had a few miles on it when I got it.

Finally home!

Thanks for taking the time to read my extremely long (but joyous) post. Can I be a FitFreak now?

Old 08-09-2008, 10:16 PM
lucky!

thats a hell of a present d00d.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
have fun with it man! awesome dad. i remember when i got mine. what a wonderful experience.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I love Legends too.
Nice Fit, doesnt it feel good to finally get one? VBP is so Vivid blue and pearly.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:27 PM
nice buy...

Old 08-09-2008, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
sweet pickup!

Old 08-09-2008, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats man! Keep us updated with pic's as parts come in.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
ah awesome!! thats the exact car i wanted and was going to buy! it looks beautiful! haha sonny's, i miss living in the south! looking forward to seeing more of your car on here! congrats bro, cheers!

Old 08-09-2008, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats buddy! What are you gonna do with the super clean Legend?

Old 08-09-2008, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jedimindtricks
lucky!

thats a hell of a present d00d.
I thought of Napoleon Dynamite after reading the first line of your post. Haha! It is definitely the end all of presents. It has already been made very clear to me that this is my high school/ college graduation, birthday and Christmas present for the rest of my life.

Originally Posted by drunkvabiker
have fun with it man! awesome dad. i remember when i got mine. what a wonderful experience.
I would have to agree!!

Thanks, and you know it! I was in shock the whole time. It still doesn't feel quite real.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
I love Legends too.
Nice Fit, doesnt it feel good to finally get one? VBP is so Vivid blue and pearly.
I think we share some of the same good taste genes. I've always loved the work done to your Fit (except for the amber lenses on your tails - the one thing I don't agree with). Yes, it feels great finally having a car that I am going to be able to mod, especially since that car is the Fit! TW was my first choice and after that it was a toss up between SSM VBP MR and BOM, so I'm glad I didn't have to make the final decision. But, yeah, VBP is drool worthy.

Originally Posted by 2k7gd3
nice buy...
Thanks

Originally Posted by kptrulee
sweet pickup!
Chyeah!

Old 08-09-2008, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mugen Mojo
Congrats man! Keep us updated with pic's as parts come in.
I'll definitely keep everyone updated. In the meantime I'll just have to post a bazillion pictures of a stock Fit.

Originally Posted by Fat Ping Cat
ah awesome!! thats the exact car i wanted and was going to buy! it looks beautiful! haha sonny's, i miss living in the south! looking forward to seeing more of your car on here! congrats bro, cheers!
Thanks. It still has some of the plastic protectant crap-ola on the hood so either tomorrow or the next day I'll have to clean it up again and then get another coat of wax on it before going to college. You should come back to the south to visit, if only for Sonny's. That BBQ was tastey.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
Congrats buddy! What are you gonna do with the super clean Legend?
I really don't know what is going to happen to Ack. I hope that either we can find use for him and my dad will drive him and the Maxima intermittently, but if worst comes to worst, I'll find him a good home with a fellow Legend enthusiast. Thanks for the congrats!

Old 08-09-2008, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
Nice ride mine had about 156 on it too when i bought mine. They had to trade for it too. I have had mine about 3 weeks now and it has 1000 miles on it. I have been driving it alot lately i love driving it around. Nice car and congrads

Old 08-10-2008, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats on getting the FiT.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
congrats on your Fit.....I had the same grin on my face when i got mine too

Old 08-10-2008, 01:12 AM
Retired Moderator
Congratz on the new ride man!
Pics look great!

Old 08-10-2008, 03:18 AM
Ihh IS Jaaaarome!
5 Year Member
congrats man what a sexy color you pick , i remeber too, when she got home... it was so nice

Old 08-10-2008, 06:03 AM
5 Year Member
Congratulation on both your birthday and your new lovely VBP Fit.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:27 AM
Freakin' awesome man. I hope you realize how lucky you are, to get such a nice, brand new car like this for a present. This is a car you will have for many years to come!

Quick Reply: Finally, After Two Years!